Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Best Deals!

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Nov 2015, 05:40

:D

I had 2, 3 and 4 already. Never liked 5 that much. I'm only interested now due this 5.5 mod I want to try, given that 6 and 7 are ... well, a disaster. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Nov 2015, 16:54

Atleast I found sacred 1 with expansion more impressive than D2. I felt graphics were slightly better, the world more open, tons of side quests and funny easter eggs (e.g. a pacman maze, a lightsaber, Jason's Mask and Machete and even a Diable tribute), and in stead of the 'locked' chapters you unlock the world map as you progress, always being able to go back and forth via portals. The expansion Underworld is def. nice too. Indeed it has similarities, with weapon system, set items, spell runes, world lore books etc but I think Sacred has more to offer than Diablo 2. Much like D3 you'll encounter many more bosses, unique creatures and area bosses as well as region bosses that are unlocked after killing a number of creature in a given region.
Also it's loaded with humor, like going to the island of Mal-Orc-A. And hearing heretics shout "Burn in fire of damnation" at you is simply sweet :-)
I very much enjoyed the first couple of hundred hours of gameplay in Sacred.. maybe you will too..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Nov 2015, 18:15

Hm, thanks for the heads up on Sacred game, Karmakeld. Your small resume sparked more interested in me than H7 with all their care :D.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Nov 2015, 19:33

might I spark some interest in a H4 campaign in progress as well.. oh wait.. It's currently being patched.. err.. updated.. well, stay tuned.. ;|
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Nov 2015, 20:44

:D

Taking advantage of those Steam sales, and selling some of my less loved Dota 2 items ( :cry: ), I generated a small income which I bought:
  • - DLC Age of Empires 2: The Africans
    - DLC The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna (-66%)
    - Dust: an Elysian Tail (-80%)
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Transistor
And waiting some more income to buy The Banner Saga (-75%). :-D SQUEEE!

EDIT

And today, another Dota 2 items gone in exchange for:
  • - The Banner Saga
    - FEZ
    - To the Moon
    - Shank 2
    - Bastion
    - LYNE
Everything around 75% or 80% off, things coming at really low costs (in R$, and I suspect most of older games had not had their prices adjusted to our currency, which got very undervalued the last months compared to US dollar - it was U$ 1,00 to R$ 2,70 for a long while, and not it's 1 - 4,1. But luckily, some games, specially old ones, continue with old prices, so it is cheaper buying games here than many other countries. :D H7 is one of them, pricing around U$ 25,00).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Nov 2015, 19:50

BTW got Age of Empires II: HD Edition + The Forgotten and Archimedean Dynasty, Primordia. (Steam, GoG)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Nov 2015, 17:04

Some Steam sales until December 1st:

• -66% for Endless Legends Collection
    Fallout franchise ranging from -66 to -75%
    Civilization franchise ranging from -33 to -75%
    -40% for Ori and the Blind Forest
    -50% for The Wither III: Wild Hunt
    -80% for Portal 1 and Portal 2!
    -50% for Dark Souls 2
    -80% for Age of Empires 2 HD
And some other 8k offers.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Nov 2015, 14:11

I thought about opening a new topic but I guess this one will do:

A thing to remember is that Black Friday (and Christmas) is a good opportunity to buy some hardware upgrades. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Nov 2015, 20:47

Hmm, so I should probably put up some tips.

Game: The Magic Circle _ :right: _
Monitor: Dell U2515H _ :devil: _ No action known to me, just a good piece.
Graphic: Asus STRIX R7 370_ :right: _ Quality middle range card. More offers like that.
Free soft: f.lux _ :angel: _ To save your eyes, easier with monitor above.

(I probably should note at this point, that most impressive point of this card, is well pinpointed price. )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Nov 2015, 12:00

That card (is it this one?), is it a lot better than my current one?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Nov 2015, 19:43

Yes, that is that one. And yes it's stronger, almost twice than your.

+card is having DP (display port is necessity for modern monitors above 24")
+Strix edition generate zero noise when is not under load
+supports Eyfinity (multiple monitors attached, like 3, one game screen)
+small pcb
+partially support even DirectX12, like all modern cards

-card doesn't support FreeSync
-it's in fact oldest from the new range, based on R9 265

Really the best point of this card was/is Black Friday price 100$, because here it costs normally about 70$ more, so it's a deal.

However it's mid range card, closer stronger cousin is Asus Strix R9 380 which is also discounted on newegg to 140$. And which is also having better price-performance ratio, but it costs more. However it's a true gaming card, even if from entry level.

If you ask why Asus and Strix edition, that's because I didn't noticed any other interesting offers.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Nov 2015, 16:56

Like that, I would bought that card myself, if it would be here available for such steal price.

As this card is normally more than enough to run Heroes game. But with H7 demands go higher. Specifically they say you should get GT670 as recommended, so in current ranges it means that you should get GT970 and for that you have AMD R9 380X, which of course it's stronger than R9 380 and damn sure than R7 370.

However this is not completely true, as Unreal Engine has much lower requirements and you should be on the safe side also with weaker hardware, from Nvidia GT450 or from AMD HD5750 up. As the game is not optimised well enough, you can encounter peak problems.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 30 Nov 2015, 13:17

Not a deal not a comment to a deal, deleted as offtopic.
~Pol

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Dec 2015, 21:34

25€ - Might & Magic: Heroes VII on GMG, follow to VIP section to get your key.

I also found interesting "Celestian Tales: Old North for 8.7€" and "Skyborn for 3.49€" on the same place.
"We made it!"

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 02 Dec 2015, 16:15

Looks like GoG is having another big sale!

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 03 Dec 2015, 08:28

Galaad wrote:Not a deal not a comment to a deal, deleted as offtopic.
~Pol
Looks like GoG is having another big sale!
Awesome thanks for notice. :)

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 03 Dec 2015, 15:56

Galaad wrote:Awesome thanks for notice. :)
No prob :D

The sale seems to be in its first 48 hours still, so I believe the next set of deals will come tomorrow, and should change daily after that.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Dec 2015, 11:52

Checked current gog sale and noticed one small game - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The question is, if it's better than Syberia or not. Anyway it's beautifully drawn.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Dec 2015, 04:23

Well, Steam offering 50% for all MM franchise ...

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 26 Dec 2015, 15:35

• Thea: The Awakening, a great indie game with fantastic devs.
  • Game is turn-based, post-apocalyptic/survival setting, Slavic myth-based (devs have worked on The Witcher series), with excellent turn-based card combat, many different challenge types apart from the default (Fight) where different stats come into play for attack, attack types, health+armor, and other abilities such as Shield Ally (defends ally against damage) and Support Ally (increase ally's attack) and First Action, and many events with multiple variations for both the village and expedition parties.
  • All games you play will give your chosen god XP to level up between games (so even if you lose a game you will still make progress). When you install (or reset your profile) you will have two random gods unlocked at Level 1 (each God has five (5) experience levels so you can level each one up four (4) times after you've unlocked them).
  • Currently 20% off on Steam until January 4: $15.99USD down from $19.99USD.
  • The game is selling well, and it is unlikely that there will be a discount bigger than 20% for a long time.
  • Very responsive devs who work on the game a huge amount, they are also releasing DLC for free to purchasers of the main game (at this stage I am pretty sure they plan on 2 different DLCs).
  • Can be bought at Steam at the following link, and should also be available on GOG.com in the next few weeks.
  • http://store.steampowered.com/app/378720
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”