Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?

Unread postby Steven Aus » 07 Jul 2015, 11:25

Where do I go to find a list of the changes Equilibris 3.51 makes to base Winds of War? I know about the advanced class changes, but especially what I'm looking for is changes in stats for creatures between WoW and Equilibris.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Jul 2015, 14:17

I don't know if everything can be found HERE. Dalai should know better, but perhaps you might find something of use there?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 08 Jul 2015, 11:52

That is the right place to look for changes. We tried to list all of them there. If you find something not mentioned there - please post here.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 08 Jul 2015, 18:41

Thanks, that's what I wanted, thanks. =)

And I know this is not an Equilibris map, but I just finished Psychobabble's My Brother's Keeper. It was very hard, and I had to resort to saving in battle or I would never have got it done. Great and rewarding ending. =)

Btw: why does Neener's Invulnerable Cloak (100%) not protect against Mermaid Hypnotize in Equilibris? If this is the case in this mod, it would be great (if it's simple to fix) to fix it and release a hotfix. Also if Grandmaster Magic Resistance doesn't protect against Mermaid Hypnotize, it would be great if that could be fixed too if it's simple to fix. =)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Oct 2015, 18:04

It just might be that game considers it a creature ability and not a spell as per say
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Oct 2015, 19:45

Do these magical resistances block medusa's ability or Sea monster's?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 Nov 2015, 23:06

Hmm.. Seems like someone will have to do a test to answer your q, panda..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 03 Nov 2015, 23:49

Medusa's Stone Gaze is affected by Resistance. Sea Monster's Devouring and Mermaid's Charm aren't.
As for Charm, this:
Karmakeld wrote:It just might be that game considers it a creature ability and not a spell as per say
doesn't happen to be a good guess. Charm spell is simply not flagged as 'resistible' in table.spells.txt (compare its attributes with those of Hypnotize). I'm pretty sure simply putting 'x' in the correct field in that table would've made Charm resistible. So, it's very easy to do, see here.
However, my opinion is that it would've been a bad change. I mean, right now, irresistible Charm is practically Mermaids' only weapon against higher level heroes...
Keep in mind that you're not totally defenseless against Charm. It is still a Mind spell, so for example Mind Shield protects against it.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Nov 2015, 02:44

Yeah, I would reason on same lines. It won't do much do giving means to easily block a unique specialty such as the charming ability. For things that are commonplace, common means to deflect them must exist. Otherwise, the rarer the ability, the rarer should be its counter effect. Or so it would seem the way I would prefer.

Return to “Equilibris”