Bug reports

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Bug reports

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Oct 2015, 10:02

You can also just use this thread. The devs are watching, and I'm keeping the thread clean. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 08 Oct 2015, 10:58

As Kalah said please feel free to post here. I am constantly monitoring the thread/forum in general.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 08 Oct 2015, 13:23

Hi, one of the most annoying bug I've encountered is the one in Haven 4, where I can't complete the map cause the enemy town in the top-center keeps reverting back to enemy control, even though I've won the battle against its defenders. This happens over and over again. I've been trying some workarounds, like trying to lure the defender hero out, but she just refuses to come out (and for some reason, when I check from the thieves guild, it says the enemy has 0 heroes..)

I've posted this at the ubi forums too, but seems like they're down for maintenance (which has been going on for quite awhile now)

Also, I can confirm that the refresh movement point happens to me too. SOmetimes when capturing a mine, my hero's movement points refreshes to full (!). I checked the skill wheel, artifacts.. doesn't seem there's anything there that could do it. I checked the log, and sometimes it says something about "[hero] activates Patriot" when the movement point refreshes. I know Patriot is one of the skill you can take, but I don't think that should've caused the movement refresh..

Also when you're a defender in a siege, when an enemy enters the fort and I'm attacking it with a ranged unit while both are inside the fort, the enemy gets a covered status. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I think it's a bug/error cause, well, both are inside the fort and shouldn't be considered covered. :S

I'll try to provide screenshots or videos if the situation occurs again, when possible.

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 08 Oct 2015, 13:52

Hi Alfalken.
I will speak to the LD in regards to this Haven 4 issue. If it's the case of the AI not leaving the base this is an AI bug that has already been ficed for the next support patch, but perhaps it's something totally different or you need to do something not so obvious to complete the map. I will get back to you in regards to this.

As for the movement point refresh I will spend some of my afternoon trying to reproduce this but you could potentially do me a massive favor. If you encounter this issue again, close the game manually and send me your log file to my work email - singleton[at]limbic-entertainment.de and I will have an engine programmer take a closer look at it, if I can't reproduce it myself.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 08 Oct 2015, 16:43

Thinking about it again, it might've been a case of a bugged hero not being completely killed or something like that. I remembered earlier in this game, when taking the top-right town, this hero (Sinthala, incase you're wondering) was defending the town. I defeated her, and the top-right town flipped just fine to me. However when I checked the town screen, she was there in the visiting hero slot. Then I bought creatures, moved some of them to her creatures list, but when I returned to the map, she was gone. Along with the creatures I put in her.

Then I remembered reloading the game, captured the town, and this time I moved my hero into the town. This time she didn't appear in the town's visiting hero slot, prolly cause I moved my hero there. However, much later on when I try to capture the top-middle town, Sinthala was there. I thought, well, prolly they just re-bought her from the tavern.. But then it happens like what I explained earlier (she refuses to come out at all, the town refuses to flip to my side even after defeated her, and my thieves guild says that the enemy has no hero)

Anyways, I tried the Dungeon campaign just now. What I found is that it seems like there's a hidden lose condition in Dungeon 1, as suddenly I was shown the defeat screen even when both of my heroes are still pretty much alive. Prolly because I took too long? (it was almost the 2nd month IIRC). It was quite a bummer (though partly my fault too for messing around too much, I guess..)

And I'd like to echo BB Shockwave's comment about Retribution - it's way too OP. The return damage is way too high, it almost devastated my supposedly unstoppable army back in Haven 3, after I've triggered 'that' event (trying to not to spoil too much here... those who've played the map should know what I'm talking about)

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 08 Oct 2015, 19:48

Hello all,

I'm not sur it's a bug but i'm quite intrigued by something...

Heroes version: FR
Campaign: Haven
Map: All
Skill: Heal
Bug: Heroes' heal can fullfil life bar of units, i am agree. But th little windows says that some units (1) will raise when I put heal on a pack...
So maybe the window give wrong intels.

Merci d'avance.

Have a good night

Edit: It was a false positive, i've seen the bug twice on a battle, but not after...

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 09 Oct 2015, 08:25

Alfalken wrote:Thinking about it again, it might've been a case of a bugged hero not being completely killed or something like that. I remembered earlier in this game, when taking the top-right town, this hero (Sinthala, incase you're wondering) was defending the town. I defeated her, and the top-right town flipped just fine to me. However when I checked the town screen, she was there in the visiting hero slot. Then I bought creatures, moved some of them to her creatures list, but when I returned to the map, she was gone. Along with the creatures I put in her.

Then I remembered reloading the game, captured the town, and this time I moved my hero into the town. This time she didn't appear in the town's visiting hero slot, prolly cause I moved my hero there. However, much later on when I try to capture the top-middle town, Sinthala was there. I thought, well, prolly they just re-bought her from the tavern.. But then it happens like what I explained earlier (she refuses to come out at all, the town refuses to flip to my side even after defeated her, and my thieves guild says that the enemy has no hero)

Anyways, I tried the Dungeon campaign just now. What I found is that it seems like there's a hidden lose condition in Dungeon 1, as suddenly I was shown the defeat screen even when both of my heroes are still pretty much alive. Prolly because I took too long? (it was almost the 2nd month IIRC). It was quite a bummer (though partly my fault too for messing around too much, I guess..)

And I'd like to echo BB Shockwave's comment about Retribution - it's way too OP. The return damage is way too high, it almost devastated my supposedly unstoppable army back in Haven 3, after I've triggered 'that' event (trying to not to spoil too much here... those who've played the map should know what I'm talking about)
Please please please provide me with some of your game logs Alfalken, you're getting some serious wizard trickery in your game :) I played the dungeon campaign a lot there defiantly isn't a time constraint condition so SOMETHING either went really wrong or you you legitimately lost somehow, fact it wasn't clear is a bit odd but that is a sneaky campaign ;)

Also are you sure that when you didn't visit that new town that they had the stables built and you got the movement points from that?

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 09 Oct 2015, 08:30

You can also provide me the save game as well which you'll be able to find using the following path C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Savegames and send me the SHOT file.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 09 Oct 2015, 09:52

Alrighty, I'll try to send some stuff to the email you provided above. I've overwritten the save file for the dungeon one though, but I still kept the Haven 4 with the bugged town one.

As for the movement point refresh, it usually happens when I was walking around the world map, or capturing a mine. Not when I'm touching down on any town. It's rather erratic and unpredictable though, as sometimes it just doesn't refresh.

BTW I sent some logs and shots to your email above. Thanks for doing this and hopefully it can help in squashing those pesky bugs.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Oct 2015, 12:32

@Alfalken: Thanks to you too - it's reports like this that really help getting the polishing done. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 12 Oct 2015, 12:33

BB Shockwave wrote:I finally fixed it with clicking Autodeploy - that put the units there.
Thanks for sharing this. It has helped me a few times.

Cabreva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabreva » 12 Oct 2015, 13:06

There is a bug with save games in sylvian campaign, third map. I can only load save games if it doesn't have any hired hero. Datails:
- I played first 2 weeks withou aditional hero. I can load related saves without problems;
- I hired a hero. Apparently, everytime I load saved games (only these SAVED WHILE I had that hero), the game crashes.

After some more weeks I disbanded the hired hero, imagining that it was the cause of game breaking. Anyway, I tried to play to the map end without loading a save, but near the end I miscalculated a neutral strenght and had to reload. It loaded!

Played on Windows 8.1 Pro with Steam, i5-4590, 8GB RAM, GTX 780. I submited this bug to Ubisoft before realising the relationship with this hired hero.

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 13 Oct 2015, 10:00

Hi Cebreva could you please send me your save game file so I can pass it on to our save/load engineer and he can dig into the issue. I'll make sure to get back to you with any info I have to help resolve your issue in the mean time.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 14 Oct 2015, 11:46

Oh by the way, I was halfway through Dungeon 2 when I realized that out of the two quest rewards I got from Dungeon 1 (Assassin's Blade and Assassin's Mask), only the Blade remains in my hero's inventory now. The Assassin's Blade's description says that it carries over through the entire campaign, so I wonder if the Mask should've been the same... But in my game's case, it doesn't. :/

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 14 Oct 2015, 12:36

I have encountered a few bugs - I have completed the 1st mission in the haven campaign but after completing all of the quests it failed to start the next map. Also It takes many,many times to transfer creatures from the garrison to my hero. Also between heroes

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 14 Oct 2015, 13:59

Hi Alfalken I just spoke to the level designer and he's informed me both items should carry over as they are both set items. I will speak to the relevant programmer to ensure it's fixed in a support patch

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Oct 2015, 14:02

Gomaki, better repeat your information about patch versions here the same way you did at HC.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 14 Oct 2015, 14:03

Roger dodger. The one time you'll get a copy and paste from me.

Hey all. Some people seem to not be downloading the correct version or the download is not going through correctly. So to confirm you should see on the menu screen 1.2 - 32489 THIS is the correct patch. If you are seeing 1.1 you DO NOT have the patch. To that end, close steam and uplay. Reopen them, click play and see if it downloads the correct patch. Failing that do a Verify files option on Steam/Uplay which will kick in the download.

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 14 Oct 2015, 14:04

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Oct 2015, 14:07

Appreciate it.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes VII”