Campaign problem

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
MegaZX30
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Campaign problem

Unread postby MegaZX30 » 30 Apr 2006, 07:58

Hello Im new here. I really like the wog game but was wondering if theres anything I can do to play through an entire WOG campaign with the Wogify options enabled.
I already know that to use Wogify options with a campaign you have to download the campaign which I did. Now the campaigns will play with options enabled but it seems to make the map noncompletable. I was doing this to the "In Wake of Gods" campaign.
After enabling the Wogify options I can't complete the first map. First is it changes Dan the Peasant into a Halberdier(sp?).
Second thing to happen is that at the end of every turn I get a message about the Emblem of Cognizance and a description of it three times in a row each time I end my turn.
Third I cant get the events to occur. (Talking to the Monks to tell you to speak to Melnik at the Water Wheel, ect.)
Then I tryed to disable all the Wog options the only differnece it seemed to make was changing the text I recieve at the end of a turn to a normal quote actually in the campaign "Hey get back to work or well come over and teach you some obediance" (sorry if the qoutes not exact) still happening 3 times in a row.

I was wondering if theres some hidden Wogify options that you dont actually get to choose from that may be efecting the game? Im curious since the map was still effected in areas after disabling all the options availible to choose from.
If theres nothing that could be done would anyone possible know which wog campaigns maps you can complete with wogified options enabled?
Thanks for your time, any help would be appreciated.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Campaign problem

Unread postby Fnord » 30 Apr 2006, 08:45

The WoG campaigns are all custom-scripted so they shouldn't be WoGified at all or you'll get various errors. Rather than disabling all options, choose to NOT WoGify it when you're asked.

WoGification is for use with maps and campaigns that don't include custom scripting.
- Fnord

MegaZX30
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MegaZX30 » 30 Apr 2006, 17:02

Oh, I didnt quit relise that. I had looked through some of the pages on the old forum before making my way over here to the newer boards and I seen people ask about Wogifyng campaigns but I didnt see anything about not beeing able to Wogify the WOG campaigns themself. When I tried disabling all the Wog features that was just an atemt to see if it was one of the wog features that when enabled was causing the campaign problems or something else when I enable them. Well thanks for the quick responce.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 01 May 2006, 06:44

MegaZX30 wrote:Oh, I didnt quit relise that. I had looked through some of the pages on the old forum before making my way over here to the newer boards and I seen people ask about Wogifyng campaigns but I didnt see anything about not beeing able to Wogify the WOG campaigns themself. When I tried disabling all the Wog features that was just an atemt to see if it was one of the wog features that when enabled was causing the campaign problems or something else when I enable them. Well thanks for the quick responce.
The confusion is partly from a last minute change based on beta tester feedback for 3.58f because now the default is to ask if players wish to wogify a map rather than the default being to WoGify only random maps.

It's possible to set a map so it can't be WoGified but unfortunately it was too late for 3.58f by the time we realised this problem (it had already been released).
- Fnord

Shark
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shark » 01 May 2006, 13:57

kinda sucks because you don't have those cool comanders in the campaign... and yet again -- playing SoD campaigns with WoG settings would just plain rock :) or be awesome, whatever you prefer :)

MegaZX30
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MegaZX30 » 01 May 2006, 19:41

Oh I see well thanks for clearing that up. Oh one other thing I have "Heroes III Complete" and when opening the game through regular heroes III I see the WOG button show up but I cant actually use it is that a bug not beeing able to use it I mean or shouldn't the button actually be there? Also maybe it would be possible to find the SoD campaigns for download like the other campaigns and play them as "custom" campaigns in WOG but thats just an thought considering I dont actually know which campaigns are available to download.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 02 May 2006, 13:25

MegaZX30 wrote:Oh I see well thanks for clearing that up. Oh one other thing I have "Heroes III Complete" and when opening the game through regular heroes III I see the WOG button show up but I cant actually use it is that a bug not beeing able to use it I mean or shouldn't the button actually be there? Also maybe it would be possible to find the SoD campaigns for download like the other campaigns and play them as "custom" campaigns in WOG but thats just an thought considering I dont actually know which campaigns are available to download.
Part of the WoG installation changes some of the images. These changes will appear when using the original executable, even though no WoG features are available. Most notable is the animated trees graphics on the adventure map. The only was to keep the WoG graphics completely seperate is to keep two seperate installs of H3 on your system (one with WoG, one without)

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Smaritain Campaign issue

Unread postby windjaz » 03 Aug 2008, 00:53

I hope this thread is not dead...I did not WOG this campaign, and in the first scenario I'm stuck. I've read the walk through, but the problem I'm encountering is that after I leave the Troll with the tree and cycle the day, the tree teleports me and I get a message "This hut seems inhabited so you leave it alone" or something similar, the option to click yes, then it puts me right back in the garden. i've tried it from all over the edge of the garden to no avail. i spent a week game time trying to get out of that garden. Any suggestions? There is nothing in the walkthrough about this particular problem.

Ancient
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ancient » 02 Sep 2009, 15:44

HI! Is here anyone that finished the entire WoG campaign?When you wanna make the wake of gods campaign there on that map (before you choose attack or defense ) are shown that the campaign has five parts.
Here is the problem... I did the campaign with the crusaders, then i finished the campaign named Gorynych, then i finished the campaign after Gorynych named In the wake of gods...and then it finishes like i finished the entire campaign , but i played just 3 parts , not 5 how is shown on that map(when you start the campaign).
So this is my question : i did something wrong ? because i was expecting to play 5 subcampaigns not just 3.. please help me...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Sep 2009, 19:10

I guess there are either only 3 campaigns (those two windows are just empty, the graphics file has five by default) or you need to unlock them, so if you can't select them after you have ticks on all three of the first, then it's probably the former.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 Sep 2009, 14:07

It has been a while, but I believe there are only 3.5 campaigns (I'm not trying to be cute here), there are the three you did, and the fourth campaign (I think) was never completed. I remember playtesting part of it (I might even still have the campaign file somewhere, but I'd have to search for it)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 03 Sep 2009, 22:32

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:..I believe there are only 3.5 campaigns (I'm not trying to be cute here)...
Yet that really got me laughing... :D

Indeed, I do vaguely remember searching the forums some good years ago on the WoG campaigns and finding the same information. It would be interesting to know what they had in mind for the 4th if you still have it. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 Sep 2009, 23:48

I just reread your message - I think you meant there are only 3 scenarios in the "Wake of Gods" campaign. The other three campaigns are "The Samaritan", "A life of a-d-v-e-n-t-u-r-e" and "Evil Way Home"

The maps I recalled playtesting were the later ones in one of these (I think adventure, but I am not certain- the campaign file was just a cryptic "zc4") so the maps probably were included at some point.

Return to “Wake of Gods”