Our New Forum

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Our New Forum

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 31 Aug 2015, 18:18

After many years and many headaches, we have been able to upgrae our forum. This is what you will see when you enter.

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Our New Forum

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 01 Sep 2015, 09:22

It looks new, but old one had a spirit. Sorry to say that.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2015, 14:34

Duzeom_ wrote:It looks new, but old one had a spirit. Sorry to say that.
The new one will also grow one, give it a time. Old one was shaped for years, one of first posts is having date "Oct 4 2007" so much time passed. And even the one before had a spirit, although that wasn't our doing.

The important changes are inside, it has new templating system, it's easier to manage and supports mobile view. Simply new engine now, and fine tunning is ongoing.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Sep 2015, 14:52

Pol, I find it a bit difficult recognizing or perceiving differences whenever there are new threads or posts here and there. Icon colors on the left and things in bold. I dunno, it seems that everything calls for attention, then you are not sure what's changed. Given that you are warned about threads and topics you posted, it's hard figuring out what's new on those you haven't posted or are not following closely, because you won't be given notifications on those.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2015, 15:32

There are few questions in order Panda: "What skin do you use?", is the first. :D

I'm using "jprosilver" mostly with just these two (one, two) links I see everything. Also notifications are sometimes handy, as I'm subscribed to several threads.

I still have idea to dust off my never finished "NostalgiaRT" skin. Which is actually going to mimic old Round Table from Strategy Planet and H3 theme.

I do not differ by left icons but by right date/view new post link. Icons options are left to be explored, it seems that they behave differently.

Edit:
I actually would be happy if you would summary down, what you are missing in our forums or what is not working. Just please, differ new ideas/missing function - logically missing or in comparsion to a previous forum and a bugs.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Sep 2015, 15:32

I bold that. The old forum had class and a soul. Now is just a template, as you say. No offense intended, just my opinion.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Sep 2015, 15:42

I'll do a summary as this week passes, but I usually don't miss things much. ^^ If talking about Heroes games, it's a different matter, but forum layout not.

I'm using the same shown in that pic above, the red-orange layout. I think it's lacking a bit of contrast, to make things clearer, plainer. Also considering that for colorblind people, the forums can be a bit hard to figure out - that's an assumption, because I'm not colorblind.

Other issues and changes I'm not bothered with and I'm already used to them.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Sep 2015, 22:28

Nice to have modern features, but the look is incredibly generic.
I'll miss the dark background options, so easy on the eyes.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Sep 2015, 22:42

Dark background, white text?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 04 Sep 2015, 05:37

^ Man, this just kills the eyes, please, don't. :(

Thus said I am using the generic main style. Would prefer to be grey instead of blue (really not a big fan of blue), but this is me. The orange one looks like bugged to me. Was using the Fortress skin in the old forum. For some reason was the easiest on the eye and even easier to follow read/unread topics.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Sep 2015, 13:41

I also used the Fortress one back then.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 Sep 2015, 22:03

Kalah wrote:Dark background, white text?
Yes, please!!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Senatorial
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Senatorial » 05 Sep 2015, 23:04

Corribus wrote:
Kalah wrote:Dark background, white text?
Yes, please!!
Dark background, black text in white text boxes is more like it.

My main quibble with this one as it stands is how empty it is...takes up no more than half the page on my screen.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Oct 2015, 15:18

I definitely prefer the older forum, but I suspect the tecs had no choice. To make this suitable for both desktop and mobiles, probably some things had to change.

Return to “Screenshots”