Corrupt Saved Games

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Corrupt Saved Games

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 22 Aug 2015, 12:08

I just encountered a problem yesterday where the saves are duplicating the name of a previous save. For example, Autosave 1 may be repeated several times. The game also begins numbering out of sequence, for example, (Name) 12 could be followed by (Name) 0 and following numbers are out of sequence. If I attempt to reload any of these games the game closes.

The map I am playing, I have played at least three times before with no problem so I don't believe the map has anything to do with this.

I have not changed anything with the game. I had reinstalled it about three months ago with no problems. I have also deleted most of the old saved games.

Any thoughts???

Thanks, Ed

markkur
Demon
Demon

Re: Corrupt Saved Games

Unread postby markkur » 22 Aug 2015, 19:00

Which game Is this? And it's a non-campaign map you're playing...correct?

If this is V, and I had something like this happening to the base-game...I reinstall again and delete all saves or at the very least get everything out of the normal file trees. Btw, years back I did a "archive-copy" of the new installation under my drive, so anytime I had bugs with the editor I could easily "save whatever" and then delete the "active files" and copy/paste from the archive w/o the install hassle.

Good luck

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 25 Aug 2015, 15:17

Thanks for the response. It appears that this problem may be related to a map called "Sylanna's Garten". This is a large map and this is not the first time I have played it.

I did delete all of my old saved games and this seemed to help but the game still shut down when I tried to reload a saved game. That said, the saved game opened fine when I restarted. The problem with duplicate saved game names went away.

I'll try another map now to see if the problem repeats which may require a reinstall of the game.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply...

Ed

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 27 Aug 2015, 13:51

Ed Robinson wrote: I did delete all of my old saved games and this seemed to help but the game still shut down when I tried to reload a saved game.
Just one comment about the above; always "exit the game" and then go back into for "any" reload. Might not make any difference in this instance but I've had less headaches doing it this way. Unfortunately the game is very leaky (and it is definitely in the SAVE process of the game)and we have to compensate for that.

Cheers Ed

Return to “Heroes V-VI”