Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Unread postby Steven Aus » 29 Jul 2015, 11:57

Well, I'm happy enough with my Windows 7 64-bit, which I have been building on and customizing for years now, and even the one time my drive died, I had an image backup only a few days old.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jul 2015, 12:32

Funny thing it'll be free for the next 12 months. ^^
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Jul 2015, 15:51

Well, you can just download it at any time from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ol-install

But yes, it's annoying that people using the Get Windows 10 app actually have to wait longer for in-place upgrade than people who don't mind creating an upgrade USB stick.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jul 2015, 16:46

@Panda Tar
Only if you are owner of previous 7-8.1 versions, with non-academic licence.

@GE
Yes, I did upgrade from 8 to 8.1 via usb stick, it was very nice. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 29 Jul 2015, 19:03

Making an FPS game in 30 days is great fun.

Code: Select all

<TerminusEst13> Bloax: Yo would you be all right with doing some kind of "save here" statue? Maybe a crucifix, or a broken down/busted statue of Mary or Jesus or something. Gonna plop statues next to boss doors so that players can save right before boss arenas.

Yes, fun..

what is sleep

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Jul 2015, 19:39

Pol wrote:@Panda Tar
Only if you are owner of previous 7-8.1 versions, with non-academic licence.
However, if you opt for (and don't opt out of) Windows Insider, you can use Insider builds indefinitely. But that means you'll be a sort of a guinea pig for all the Windows updates that can go wrong.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Aug 2015, 19:24

Locate the following buildings:

Tower for Dark Magi -> Produce thin skinned Dark Magi and Prophets
Hut for Dark Elves -> Produce Dark Elves
Pueblos for Dirty Elves -> Produce Spawns of Elves
Stoned Blackie "Grail" -> Adds income when you shake
Lake of Freedom for Black Elves -> Produce Black Guards
Fluorescent Seaweeds for Princesses of Dawn -> Produces Dawn Princesses
Slavotaur -> Produces Minotaurs loyal to Elves nation
Merchant's Ultracity -> Got resources and Artifacts
Houses of Pleasure -> Like Thieves Guild but provide more information, Special Building

Image is real, the descriptions are not!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Aug 2015, 21:12

Is that a mini Sauron's Eye on the left?

All energy-looking things in town have a spiraling energy. Spirals, spirals. But the first item there must be that purple building, over there, see?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 25 Aug 2015, 13:29

It is Sauron's eye. 8|

Well, all in all, I think there was only one voting session where the thing I voted for actually won. That town screen was not one of them. Yuck.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 25 Aug 2015, 17:24

IMO all townscreens sucks, this one is just a tad less worse than the others. Seriously, 2D townscreens in 2015 and this is all they can come up with: lacks gorgeous aesthetics and get straight out absurd design with indistinguishable buildings, any one who says he can clearly identify things here is a delusional fanboy who probably was totally ok with the TS of that heresy which is h6.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 25 Aug 2015, 19:02

If I was presented this screen 17 yo ago, while playing Heroes 2, I would have been totally wow, it looks fa-bu-lous. Now it is true that I have close to none experience in modern games (only Skyrim and Civ5) so I am not the best person to look upon. However, if I can reproach some thing, it would be the same flaw as with battlefields: the non interactive part of the town takes up too much space, up to 25% I would say. The dwellings should be in first plan, then the decor behind. Here we see the opposite, and maybe thats why it is harder to say who is who.

PS: and a complaint. The forum mechanic sucks. I entered first time my post in quick reply box, then clicked "post reply". It opened new window and my text was gone forever, no matter if I could get back.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2015, 19:18

Salamandre wrote:PS: and a complaint. The forum mechanic sucks. I entered first time my post in quick reply box, then clicked "post reply". It opened new window and my text was gone forever, no matter if I could get back.
I addressed your issue in the bugs thread. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 06 Sep 2015, 18:35

hmmm... Summer its just boils away... hmm.... New forum or something looks very left eye version i kinda like that old dead end station...
same bluie balls... i wouldn't mind if those been barbecued in summer...
Heroes 7 seems to got release date end of september and even better its this year.... while ago i saw this nice trailer of one other game and i got all excited... they had forum already running and things like that... so i was like when this game suppose to release? it was like 2018! i was like yeah right... how about sending me mail when it's done and i get back in to it x)
i don't really see any point this early game announcements better be good game if you make people wait for it 3 years!... and what if it isn't x)

But anyways Heroes 7 looks good i haven't tried beta i was thinking get in to it on release date....
and even better it seems to be on steam :)

Troggientertainment best entertainment....

hmmm.... Something about this characters... i have much read what abilities or skills this characters got but looks ok...
some maybe bit too glimmering for my taste and some of this faction lineups could been some ways bit more united...

Troggies... Most definitely my favorite character in this game i'm still hoping that there would be some hero to go with this.... i like that they keep those old colors on this and they got rid of that spear well i was bit pointless anyways x) teeths works as well... kind of reminds me Tazmanian Devil... upgrade one maybe lacks bit colors but it got some idea transforming pushing rocking thing....

Strider... well... its a basketball pantomimer x) actually i was hoping to see something bit more like this... speaking of fury road yeah good movie how would know that sand and dust would look so cool x) amazing colors and vehicle too.... i like that it wasn't so around this mad max character wasn't many lines wrote to him.... story was bit lacking it was bit like holiday trip gone bad lets drive there and back again...
but waiting for next mad max car still on desert someone should least get that....

Medusa.... yeah.... well i liked more than earlier seen darker concept seems to lost her bow too... oh well... neeext....

Image Oh fuck sake... x) Sun deer this grate fearless forest warrior....

Image This.... This is straight form Angelspits cook book....

Emerald Dragon.... Actually this end up being better than i expected... kind of fluffy forest dragon reminds me bit this plant eater dinosaurs... like to see bigger scale on this...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Sep 2015, 18:44

Few photos from last Friday, sorry for resolution:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Sep 2015, 14:20

I had forgotten how much I think that ts sucks.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Sep 2015, 19:23

(Un)fortunately it's only Marzhin's map/mod for Heroes 7.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 09 Sep 2015, 11:47

I'm pretty sure most people will remove these stupid legs as well lol

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 10 Sep 2015, 20:44

hmmm.... theres gotta be zipper back of all those shirts... actually i went to gaming event this summer i rarely been this...
late 90s i think i was some... i was having bit hangover so i mostly just lay on bean bags and watch some tournaments there...
Heroes 7 wasn't presented at this event... but mainly i went there cause i wanted to try Oculus rift...
yea its nice but i keep seeing those black dots in it and it got really hot to wear i dont know was that shit broken or something x)
so i wasn't so impressed it... but of course it's grate device offering lots of possibilities maybe few years developing and i get one...

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 10 Sep 2015, 21:39

I live in the country (Missouri county)and I'm wondering how fast my download-times might compare to other regions. My last download bounced from 500kb/ps to 700kb.ps and I'd guess my avg. is around 625. Anybody know their D/L speed?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Sep 2015, 07:27

In the US?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”