Seeds of Discontent → The Grail

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Seeds of Discontent → The Grail

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Jan 2005, 14:54

To win, you must find the Grail within 2 months. Starting Bonus: Boots of Speed or 5000 Gold or 4 Pegasi.

Maps

Click on a map to see a larger version.

Green - Friendly Town

Red - Enemy Town

Grey - Neutral Town

Yellow - Underground Passage

A# - Allied Towns

O# - Opponent Towns (a,b,c,d,e,f,g indicates which enemy)

N# - Neutral Towns

M# - Mirror Entrances (a) and exits (b). two-way unless stated

E# - Exit (a) entrance and (b) exit

S# - Seer (a) and the location of the item (b)

G# - Guard Tents (a) and the location of the Guard Tower (b)

J - Jail

X - Ambush

Starting Out

All of your troops will come from Recruiting Structures since your town is severely limited in what you can build (no fort and no creature generators) so you don't need the gold. The four Pegasi are okay and you will be able to upgrade them later but since you have a time limit I recommend taking the Boots of Speed as your bonus.

First Leg

I suggest using Mephala as your main hero because she has the Armor specialty and you want to protect every troop you get since it's not easy to get more. Build a Tavern at A1 and hire more heroes and give Mephala the troops. Have Uland and Malcolm grab the resources and go to the Monoliths where they will get more troops. Have Mephala, Uland, and Malcom meet south of A1 so that they can give Mephala their troops and any artifacts they picked up from the ambushes. Pick either the yellow or pink path and have Mephala go through the Garrison which will both have 15 Marksmen, 20 Archers, 20 Halberdiers, 10 Griffins, and 25 Pikemen. With your Wood Elves and the Slow spell you should emerge victorious with few losses. Continue along the path you've chosen until you come to a Hill Fort which will make the rest of this map a lot easier. Now it will be easier to visit the rest of the Monoliths and clear the area where the Grail is.

Second Leg

During the time that Mephala is making her way to the Hill Fort, your other heroes should be visiting the Recruiting Structures every week just in case you need more troops. I recommend especially getting the Pegasi and Wood Elves because they are the most powerful and useful. There are two tents that open up towers with a random artifact behind each and a one-way mirror which will make it easier to deliver troops but I wouldn't bother going out of my way to visit the tents unless the artifacts are useful.

Finishing Up

After transferring as many troops to Mephala as you want and visiting all of the Monoliths, go to the swamp area and attack the wandering stacks that block your way to the Grail location. Hopefully you won't have to attack the Angels but if you do I suggest waiting for another week or two of reinforcements if you aren't confident at your ability to defeat them. All you need to do is dig up the Grail without taking it back to your town to win.

Read full article...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Articles”