Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.

Which theme suits best its faction?

Academy - The Wizards Waltz
No votes
Haven - For Green Falls
25%
Sylvan - The Elven Coronation
25%
Necropolis - Mystos Mountains
25%
Stronghold - The Journeyman's Encounter
No votes
Dungeon - Blades of Madness
25%

Total votes: 4

BlackDragonSlayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackDragonSlayer » 31 Mar 2015, 09:57

Necropolis music is more fitting than VI's, but still a little too "cheerful"; it could just as easily fit as a Conflux-esque town, or any other magic-oriented one (it definitely has a "magical" vibe going). What I liked so much about III's music is that pretty much every town was distinct- it's quite hard to confuse, say, the Inferno with the Rampart, or the Fortress with the Tower (this is probably the main reason I prefer III's music to II's).

I don't really like the Stronghold music, but I don't have anything too bad to say about it either... though, when I listen to it- mostly during the beginning- I can't help but think "Knockoff Cosmo Canyon." :P 1:46 and beyond is VERY good, though!! I'm just disappointed that the buildup to that point went on for a little too long (it should have only gone on for about 40 seconds, at most).

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 02 Apr 2015, 07:44

People keep writing that Necro theme is "cheerful" and I just don't get that vibe at all. I can feel the pain in the voice.

BlackDragonSlayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackDragonSlayer » 03 Apr 2015, 00:18

mr.hackcrag wrote:People keep writing that Necro theme is "cheerful" and I just don't get that vibe at all. I can feel the pain in the voice.
It might just be me, but in a way, it vaguely reminds me of this (which is definitely not a somber song). I could easily see this fitting more as a Dungeon theme than Necropolis (though even then, I think it might need a "darker" and more dreary sound to it).

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Apr 2015, 03:34

I also finds it cheerful. Maybe because I play it while reminding of that awful TS. If TS was decent, I could related to a more somber ambiance and feel such vibe.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 03 Apr 2015, 17:00

Necropolis theme represents that the faction members used to be part of wizards, their H6 theme is in fact referenced in Academy theme of H7.

The faction is religion and magic based and not an all-evil H3 faction and the theme perfectly reflects that.

Stronghold sounds like Heroes 1 homage, possibly my least preferred so far. Sylvan is my favourite at the moment.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 May 2015, 17:21

I forgot I can vote for this now since all the themes are released. Necropolis is my favorite theme of them all, followed by Academy. :proud:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 May 2015, 17:48

Dungeon. We are missing Dungeon.

Too early. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 May 2015, 19:36

D'oh! :(

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 13 Jun 2015, 20:13

Academy's is my favorite, and Haven and Necropolis are passable (which is excellent by relative standards) but I surprisingly do not like Sylvan and Stronghold themes.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 14 Jun 2015, 05:50

There's not enough love for necro theme here. :mad:

Of course Academy always gets the beautiful melodies, but it's been a long time since we finally got an opera piece (necro) that is H2&H4 tier opera.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 13 Aug 2015, 18:26

Dungeon theme is worst. Too ambient for a town theme and is lacking opera. Very disappointing. :(

Order for me starting with best is:

1. Necro
2. Academy
3. Stronghold
4. Haven
5. Sylvan
6. Dungeon

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Aug 2015, 04:55

Dungeon theme added. And see that with this previous results were obliterated, probably new setting in a new forum..

Edit:
Yes, that wasn't here before.
Place each option on a new line. You may enter up to 12 options. If you remove or add options all previous votes will be reset.
Unhandy.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 16 Aug 2015, 06:44

Bahaha, Necropolis is at the top. :proud:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Aug 2015, 18:29

How dare somebody vote for dungeon! :mad:

Return to “Heroes VII”