Heroes 7 pre-order page.

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes 7 pre-order page.

Unread postby saugeen123 » 10 Jul 2015, 15:48

I have just now pre-ordered the game--the preorder page is in french. being Canadian I can read a little bit of french. Why don't make the pre-order page in english!!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2015, 16:47

Hm, I have tested going to the page. It read my country ok, Brazil, and the page was presented in English.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Jul 2015, 17:21

Canadian page seems to be in French.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2015, 17:28

Well, it not's that bad, if you consider. Mine should be in Portuguese, because English is not an official language around here. ^^
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 11 Jul 2015, 17:11

Panda Tar wrote:Well, it not's that bad, if you consider. Mine should be in Portuguese, because English is not an official language around here. ^^
PandaTar, am disappointed that you even contemplated buying this at the preorder phase! Please do not give Ubisoft any ideas! They must earn their money after producing a good product.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 12 Jul 2015, 18:15

How do I get them to use english- although Canada is a bilingual country most Canadians speak english

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 12 Jul 2015, 19:30

saugeen123 wrote:How do I get them to use english- although Canada is a bilingual country most Canadians speak english
Typical Ubi ignorance. :proud:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Jul 2015, 15:14

cjlee wrote:
Panda Tar wrote:Well, it not's that bad, if you consider. Mine should be in Portuguese, because English is not an official language around here. ^^
PandaTar, am disappointed that you even contemplated buying this at the preorder phase! Please do not give Ubisoft any ideas! They must earn their money after producing a good product.
I tested the page to help the OP check if there was an issue with the language. It's been months since I decided not to buy the game and it has not changed at all, in fact, I'm less and less inclined even to check on news on H7, so you read me completely wrong.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jul 2015, 09:55

For me, whenever I go into Ubi's shop it automatically detects my location and selects the language from that. You can't change the location either, since it's needed for legal reasons. The result is this weirdness.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 16 Jul 2015, 11:16

One does not simply pre-order.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Jul 2015, 03:28

Neidhaart wrote:One does not simply pre-order.
... a Ubi product.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 17 Jul 2015, 10:02

saugeen123 wrote:How do I get them to use english- although Canada is a bilingual country most Canadians speak english
I am always outraged by this "smart" web design, when web-sites decide the content for you and you have no way to get what you actually want.

If I log in from Germany and want to read content in Spanish - that's my problem, just give it to me. Yes, sometimes I need a British E-Bay when I am not in Britain, don't switch me to local version, just shut up and deal with it! That's why you have all those different addresses! :grumpy:

The only way around I found is installing one of so called "VPN addons" to my web browser and manually selecting the country I want to seem to log on from. For FF I use Hola. Most of the time I keep it off, but when I need to log on "from US" to get content in English - it's just couple clicks away.
parcaleste wrote:
Neidhaart wrote:One does not simply pre-order.
... a Ubi product.
So true! B-)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jul 2015, 13:34

Accessing them by using Tor avoids that kind of detection?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jul 2015, 17:42

Or it may not allow you access at all ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 18 Jul 2015, 02:12

Suit Supply (a Netherlands company) does this at their online store preventing anyone outside country from entering their outlet store. I heard if you use vpn to enter and try to ship outside of NL, the price reverts back to foreigner tier. 8|

Return to “Heroes VII”