Reptilian town (Bulwark)

Forum for discussing the Heroic tabletop game
Groovy
Golem
Golem

Reptilian town (Bulwark)

Unread postby Groovy » 18 May 2015, 14:25

Here is a preliminary design of the Reptilian faction that corresponds to the 8th iteration of the overall game design. It is the most complete faction design to date. It attempts to cover all the faction features that I'm planning to use. There might still be some holes and inconsistencies. I’ll check it rigorously once I’m finished with all the faction designs, as I’ll probably have to shuffle some items between factions until then.

The reptilian faction is basically about monster reptiles with deadly special abilities. The only unit that makes use of typical weapons is the naga Samurai. All the others rely on their natural fighting ability, which often includes special abilities that involve poison, slime or acid attacks.

The main theme of the faction is home, family and sense of belonging. This comes through in many items being swamp-specific, making reptilians considerably stronger in areas with lots of swamp tiles. It also comes through in many items only affecting reptiles, especially serpents – trying to befriend them, as well as helping them grow and multiply, and support each other in combat. The faction is very weak in the magic department.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 29 Jun 2015, 17:42

I've decided to split the swamp and jungle themes of the Reptilian faction and use the jungle one for the Marine faction. The above images have been updated accordingly.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Jul 2015, 21:54

Why this change of heart, if I may inquire?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 07 Jul 2015, 08:34

I needed some land terrain for the Marine faction since they reside in an archipelago setting. I liked the tropical rainforest island idea. Reptilians were making limited use of it anyway.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 07 Jul 2015, 16:53

On the subject of terrain, I'm thinking of introducing metallic terrain as native to the Alpine faction. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Jul 2015, 17:56

Like "ore"? And which features would that terrain imply?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 07 Jul 2015, 20:57

At the moment, conducting lightning and healing metallic units.

I'm still having some difficulty adapting my terrain design to the tabletop format. The PC design is much too flexible.

Return to “Tabletop Forum”