The Damage is Already Done

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.

How enthusiastic are you?

I will preorder, even if it is $99
6%
I will preorder without paying a premium
5%
I will buy when it comes out, but I have not marked the day on my calendar
25%
I will wait for reviews and bug fixes before I buy
29%
I don't mind waiting a year for it to be discounted (OP's vote)
17%
Highly unlikely to buy, but if I get it for Christmas I will play it
12%
Absolutely nothing produced by Ubisoft!
6%

Total votes: 77

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 16 Jun 2015, 08:03

Will wait for reviews and bug fixes. I got ripped off on MMH6, I bought the game and could not play it due to town screen freeze bug using NVidia video cards. Basically, Ubisoft still owes me money as I see it. Free copy of MMH7?

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 17 Jun 2015, 19:23

I wouldn't play it at this stage, even for free.
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 22 Jun 2015, 05:06

mordredrs wrote:I wouldn't play it at this stage, even for free.
Don't waste your time. A product should be complete before you pay for it. This is not a crowdfunding campaign.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 28 Jun 2015, 16:11

After reading this thread (mostly)I've got a headache, but it may be for the fearful-wunderment of this question;

"What will the sys. requirements needed to run the game?"

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2015, 13:15

It is too early to know for sure. The people playing the pre-alpha, alpha had trouble with the game without a powerful computer. However, at each step Limbic has made improvements allowing older machines to have more success.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 29 Jun 2015, 16:56

Thanks Jeff. I sure hope it's not another H5 boondoggle where I could run and enjoy the game...a few years later. :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jun 2015, 20:30

markkur wrote:Thanks Jeff. I sure hope it's not another H5 boondoggle where I could run and enjoy the game...a few years later. :D
Well, for H6 it was even ..worse. Apart from campaigns nothing lasted, really. And the alpha and beta stages were very promising, no joking. Later they were just cutting down, to keep a budget. :(
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Jun 2015, 00:43

Pol wrote:Well, for H6 it was even ..worse. Apart from campaigns nothing lasted, really. And the alpha and beta stages were very promising, no joking. Later they were just cutting down, to keep a budget. :(
Well that was not Limbic, but it was UBI so I can't say for certain; I do know the design team is aware of it and are working it. The bigger concern for those like me is the editor system requirements will be larger than those required for the game.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 30 Jun 2015, 12:47

@ Pol
Later they were just cutting down, to keep a budget. sad
You know, I think that right there is the killer. I remember long years ago when I was a wee lad, hearing an old business-wizard say; "It's the 'quarter to quarter' mindset that is trashing businesses today. The man saying that was the Quality-Guru Deming, when he was trying to get American Car-makers to get there head into planning for a long term investment and return. <imo> JVC did so in starting HoMM and reaped the benefits.

@Jeff
The bigger concern for those like me is the editor system requirements will be larger than those required for the game.
I don't like the sound of that, beside the fact that it makes little sense. And here I was thinking that maybe a couple of old carte-mages like ourselves might actually work for the first time in the same editor. :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Jun 2015, 15:32

markkur wrote:
I don't like the sound of that, beside the fact that it makes little sense. And here I was thinking that maybe a couple of old carte-mages like ourselves might actually work for the first time in the same editor. :D
The reason is the editor will be able to test the maps and scripts; this requires the editor to launch the game. So the editor's requirements are added on top of those required by the game.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 30 Jun 2015, 20:42

That sounds "similar" to the H5 editor, though you couldn't always depend on the test results. Since they've been talking about an editor since day-one, we should see a much better editor this time around. Have you read if there will be a Campaign-editor?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Jul 2015, 21:53

So, which factions you guys reckon will be chosen for this next Beta test?

I think one will be obviously Dungeon, mainly because it is the only one, yet, not divulged. People seem torn between the other factions for a second choice.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 06 Jul 2015, 23:57

It will be Necro either by hook or by crook.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Jul 2015, 04:07

^ It is always Necro. Image

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Jul 2015, 13:34

Speaking of which, did they reveal the new looks of liches and vampires yet?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Jul 2015, 08:52

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 08 Jul 2015, 12:41

That face looks very familiar for some reason. :D

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 09 Jul 2015, 04:14

I can't even remember which version won voting; I recall they all seemed adequate, but now I see an H5 lich replacing the previous H6 lich in the H7 game and I can't help wonder wtf just happened. :mad:
Last edited by mr.hackcrag on 09 Jul 2015, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Jul 2015, 04:16

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 09 Jul 2015, 19:18

mr.hackcrag wrote:I can't even remember which version won voting; I recall they all seemed adequate, but now I see an H5 lich replacing the previous H6 lich in the current H7 game and I can't help wonder wtf just happened. :mad:
Seriously, wtf? Was the H5 lich really a voting option?

Return to “Heroes VII”