New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Ynhockey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ynhockey » 01 May 2006, 16:50

The campaign is very good. Might want to get someone to proofread the text messages, but it's not that important, the gameplay is - and it's great.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I can't get past the 2nd map - can't seem to get the shield from Neska (does she have it?). Maybe I did something wrong. Please help.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 May 2006, 16:51

Oh :-D I completely missed the "Mushroom" Quest Hut so I'm going back to Map 1 and do that before I give up the mug. I thought it was probably something I missed :ashamed: I'm always missing stuff. Thanks for the reply Jeff & Grey Wolf. :) There's a spoiler thread? :hoo: just what I need. See, I even missed that. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 May 2006, 17:46

After yesterday everytime I come back to the site and see a big jump in posts I get nervous. Happily the problems today seem to be "you need to do something else first".

Ynhockey I'll answer it in the spoiler thread. The text has been checked, but many revisions have occurred so if you want to PM me with some specifics so I know where to look, I'll fix them.

Sauron I have downloaded every version of Equilibris, but never installed them. I am very interested in these new items, the screenshots are amazing. For now though I am hesitant to limit the player base anymore than I already have by using WoW and TGS.
Edited on Mon, May 01 2006, 12:06 by jeff
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 May 2006, 20:30

There appears that map 2 has a bug that will affect most people, so if you are not too far along please get version 1.2 from me or the site. A second bug in the second map is now taking causing me to regret releasing this campaign. If another appears I will request it be take off the site. I expect perfection and I expect to deliver that and in this I have fallen short. For those who emailed me and receive version 1.1 from me I am emailing you the latest version. If you are too far along it is better to start over as some text will default incorrectly in later maps and some quest will become a bit harder. if you helped Anium as that variable will not get set correctly. But if use use nwcvalhalla and move on. I will offer myself for sacrifice and maybe the gods will be pleased as I am not.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 May 2006, 21:11

Ok I have researched the problem and here is the awful truth as to what happened on map 2. Perhaps it will motivate you a bit to keep going as the situation is fairly unique in this campaign. After the playtesters had finished that map I decided to make a significant change (bad move without retesting it with someone else). Originally Eáránë appeared only in this map, I then decided to allow for her possible return in the final map and placed a generic hero icon and assigned various skills to her and left it at that. When the playtesters got to map 8 she had been added, but I thought you know if someone develops Eáránë, then that should be the character they get with levels added to make her compatible with the other heroes. So map 2 has a carryover hero that is getting the same skills Eáránë gets as she gets them. The hero then transfers those skills to the hero icon in map 8 during turn 1, she then levels up. The bottom line is the trigger script that changes Neska red became part of the script that changes the Eáránë’s carryover hero to orange so the skills will transfer. (I could not use a carryover hero directly as some difficulty levels do not get her or have to chose and carryover heroes can not change color.) So now Neska changes too soon and the encounter script does not run and the game does not end. If you are playing map 1 keep going but download version 1.2 and overwrite your the file do not rename it before you start map 2, if you have started map 2 then restart or use the cheat to finish, but only after you approach Neska. It will not set a variable that tells the game whether you captured Theritos, so some text and a couple of quests later in the campaign will be odd as they will assume you did not help. Again the gods must hate me, but I am trying to make the whole experience enjoyable for you. I am rechecking all of the maps ensuring they will end properly.
Edited on Mon, May 01 2006, 15:14 by jeff

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 03:04

jeff wrote:If another appears I will request it be take off the site.
Please dont do it!Even the best of the games need patches now and then.Bugs are inevitable.

Btw,why do I get the flaming sword,the logbook and the emerald bow at the start of map two?I didnt receive them in v1.1.If those are guest items that are to be received later,please tell me so I can remove them.I am very thorough when it comes to quest and dont like the rewards being spoiled for me.

DarkeN Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkeN Q » 02 May 2006, 07:26

I'd just decided to refresh my experience with the Dragonlance series when I

stumbled upon this amazing campaign, and you know I'd rather settle with Dragon's Fate instead! Keep going, Jeff! I'm looking forward to your next campaign (map?), be it sequel or prequel. Is it possible to vote for both? ;-)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 May 2006, 10:32

DaemianLucifer I sent you the patched file I hope you have it. version 1.2

To all please wait for version 1.2a, I sent it to Celestial Heavens yesterday it fixes the map 2 problem and a potential in map 4. Map 3 is ok (I replayed myself last night).
Edited on Tue, May 02 2006, 14:16 by jeff

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 14:10

Ive downloaded 1.2a jeff.Thats why I asked about the artefacts.Tell me,do I get them later in some quest?If so,Ill delete them from my start.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 May 2006, 14:40

The three that carryover from map 2 are the flaming sword, Dragon scale armor and the Lion shield. I have made provisions ensuring they will be in the later maps, regardless of the version. Now I did mention the work around, that should work and everything will be set properly

Added comment:

Sorry I been too busy with the problems there are actually five artifacts that carryover the emerald bow, the flaming sword, the logbook, the dragon scale armor and the lion shield.
Edited on Tue, May 02 2006, 10:26 by jeff

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 15:04

jeff wrote:The three that carryover from map 2 are the flaming sword, Dragon scale armor and the Lion shield.
Ok,but when do I get the sword?Since it is on my person from the start of map 2.Do I get it later in the map?And do I get the logbook and the emerald bow later in map 2?

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 02 May 2006, 16:11

Dragon's Fate version 1.2a is available here.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 May 2006, 16:15

The five artifacts will travel with Talon. Carryover artifacts will normally follow the heroes that find them. So the artifacts found in map 3 will follow the map 3 heroes, etc.
Edited on Tue, May 02 2006, 10:27 by jeff

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 May 2006, 19:23

Because I acted so quickly I was not as careful as I should have been. In version 1.2a Talon starts with the flaming sword, the emerald bow and the master logbook, which are the three artifacts you are searching for. I needed to give him those artifacts to test Neska and find out what was wrong and I forgot to remove that script. Do not restart I'll fix that in the next ter file, but give those three artifacts to a creature and play as if you did not have them. That is until you find them, now you will need to find them anyway because that is how some key variables get set.
Edited on Tue, May 02 2006, 13:31 by jeff

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 19:40

You dont have to wait though.Just open the campaign in the editor,find the caryover hero(hes to the middle bottom of the map),find an event named "g" and delete it.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 May 2006, 21:32

To all: There will be a version 1.3 released towards the end of the week (Thursday or Friday), so if there are any text errors or annoyances that need addressing please let me know so they can be included in the next version. I am taking my time as the number of versions I have released is too high and caused by my acting quickly and not being careful or as thorough as I should be when reacting to a bug. My apologies to Robenhagen for all of those files, and my apologies to Angelspit he correctly wants polish maps sent in to the site, and I thought they were. I am hopeful the worst is behind and only a pleasant experience will follow from here on. There are no critical flaws that I have found in map 3 or so far in map 4. I am however making some changes to map 4 to improve a couple of the quests and remove a battle that was unintentionally overly difficult. It is not a vital combat, but the victory conversation is interesting. Please email me before you start map 4 so you can continue uninterrupted. My hat is off to those of you who are battling through this less than perfect campaign. Anyone starting this weekend will have a much more pleasant experience for the flaws you have found.
Edited on Tue, May 02 2006, 15:33 by jeff

HellSpawn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HellSpawn » 04 May 2006, 01:58

I'll let you know Jeff.

I know how it can be to spend so much time making a piece of art, but I must say that I'm very impressed.

A true tribute to artistry.

I look forward to your next piece;)
Holding on is easier, then letting go.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 May 2006, 22:18

Version 1.3 has been sent to CH, but please give them time to make it available, as all of this is my fault. Anyone needing the file sooner can PM or email me with their email address and I will send it along.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 May 2006, 23:34

jeff wrote:Version 1.3 has been sent to CH, but please give them time to make it available, as all of this is my fault. Anyone needing the file sooner can PM or email me with their email address and I will send it along.
By the way, thanks Jeff. Spent almost all day playing Map 4 & I'm just now about to start Map 5 … with your updated version. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 May 2006, 02:20

They have it, but give them a break all of these files I've been sending them I'm glad they have not cut me off.

@ HodgePodge

Oh be easy on Talon, he really has no choice in some matters of the heart (you'll know what I mean) :)
Edited on Sat, May 06 2006, 19:08 by jeff

Return to “News”