Factions line-up

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 30 Mar 2015, 23:31

You gotta be kidding me... 8|
As glad as I am to see some old Fortress (the proper one, not the 50 shades of short people one!) stuff back, you really had to take their units and group them with... the Barbarians, their ancient enemies? That's like re-introducing WH40K Chaos Marines as just another chapter of the Space Marines. Also, is that weird king snake-colored thing... a basilisk? Looks more like something hippie goblins would use for a bus.

And does this basically confirm that pao kai are just a fancy word for wyverns? :D

And while I am happy that the silly parrot-feathered harpies and aztec orcs are gone, we have arabian marauder orcs now. Must they alway imitate some Earth culture? Especially odd because we already have the Academy using an arabian/middle eastern theme. They should really drop the whole "created with demon blood" origin with the orcs, too - seriously, you cannot rip off Warcraft MORE blatantly than that.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... te-results

Unsurprisingly, the proper clawed vampire won. Surprisingly, the weird masked Priest of death won, but eh, it's skeletal enough for me to work as a lich. Hope we see the CGI soon enough. isn't the game supposed to be out soon?
Kenshinzen wrote:
BB Shockwave wrote:... 'cause a vampire with a sword is just isn't the right vampire for HOMM - that one at least looks more feral and has a collar.
vampires had a sword in HOMM V if I remember correctly. :devil:
Yes, as I said, the troubles began when Ubi took over. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Mar 2015, 00:36

BB Shockwave wrote:isn't the game supposed to be out soon?
Some time within 2015, that's the plan, I think. Could be Christmas, for all we know. And, of course, delays can happen.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 01 Apr 2015, 22:22

Ah. I thought it was gonna be out in May or so.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Apr 2015, 22:30

AHAHAHAHA!
:lolu:

OMG! :rolleyes:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Apr 2015, 00:19

Well, they haven't actually said what their deadline is. They're aiming for "within 2015", that's all I hear. Logically, though, seeing as the game is still in its early stages (alpha version), I think some time late fall to early winter.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 02 Apr 2015, 03:46

That's almost upon us. Perhaps late spring to early summer?

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 02 Apr 2015, 07:36

I guess the season depends on where you live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2015, 13:23

BB Shockwave wrote:They should really drop the whole "created with demon blood" origin with the orcs, too - seriously, you cannot rip off Warcraft MORE blatantly than that.
It's just demon blood, it's not like WC invented it (or had it before WC3).

BB Shockwave wrote: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... te-results

Unsurprisingly, the proper clawed vampire won. Surprisingly, the weird masked Priest of death won, but eh, it's skeletal enough for me to work as a lich. Hope we see the CGI soon enough. isn't the game supposed to be out soon?

Well the Priest was the only one without the over-ornate staff... even though i voted for the Mummy iirc.

As for the vampire, i really hope they don't keep the armour, it's why i didn't vote for it.

And i was also hoping the female would win, at least it would be something new...

BB Shockwave wrote: ever wonder why, say, all the characters in anime like Sailor Moon or Naruto are all Japanese?
No, because most of them don't look japanese, and i only found out a while ago that they're all supposed to be japanese... guess they all dye their hair...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 12 Apr 2015, 00:08

It was added in Warcraft 3, and that game was years before HOMMV.

King's Bounty has a female Vampire unit too. I agree, it'd have been interesting, but the necropolis has a female unit already (and had 2 such units in VI).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2015, 17:42

BB Shockwave wrote:It was added in Warcraft 3, and that game was years before HOMMV.
yeah, points was that it's hardly an original idea from Warcraft, so whatever...

As long as they're not doing pig-orcs it's still an outside HoMM origin no matter what...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 09 May 2015, 04:52

Can't wait for Sylvan units design to be revealed, I'm most excited to play with this faction again. It has the best set of Champion units as well.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 09 May 2015, 07:04

Danny wrote:Can't wait for Sylvan units design to be revealed, I'm most excited to play with this faction again. It has the best set of Champion units as well.
I can't wait to use the Phoenix. :proud:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 May 2015, 07:57

Phoenix? But the voting wasn't other couple of Champion units and phoenix didn't make it?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 09 May 2015, 08:26

Correct, it's Treant + Green Dragon.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 09 May 2015, 10:20

Yep and Green Drag is a walker.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 May 2015, 10:49

So (by Ubi logic) this will make the Treant a Flyer?

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 09 May 2015, 18:14

:D
Yeah well no, unfortunately, only one lineup had a flyer, the one with Phoenix, and it got voted out. By us!! The community!!! Can you believe it???

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 11 May 2015, 16:54

Galaad wrote:Yep and Green Drag is a walker.
Why not. As long as it doesn't look like this.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 May 2015, 05:37

^ In this case - I'm afraid I have some bad news...

A walking graphic disaster, this game turns to be.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 12 May 2015, 18:27

Ubisoft has an established habit of turning genre conventions upside down - and not in intelligent and creative ways. They're more like a big corporation desperately trying to be creative for the sake of product differentiation.

Really dislike their walking dragons (Godzillas from H5), gigantic dwarves (Thanes), etc. Now we have goat riders (barbarians) and walking green dragons. And supposedly some wizards are now good combatants?

Let's go the whole hog. I wanna see halfling knights. Elves in full armour and swinging lances and maces. kung fu expert mages fighting in the frontlines. Orcs mainly as supporting spellcasters. Who knows, maybe this game will win an award.

Return to “Heroes VII”