H5 Making monsters react to their surrounding.

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
MapSculpture
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H5 Making monsters react to their surrounding.

Unread postby MapSculpture » 04 May 2015, 22:12

Do you know how to make a archer or any other creature interact with something in the map. Like in the campaign where there was the rebel heaven camp, and you'd see archers shooting at the scarecrows for target practice? If you know, please help me. Thanks!

MapSculpture
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bump

Unread postby MapSculpture » 05 May 2015, 23:14

I would really like to know if this is possible, should I elaborate more?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 May 2015, 06:16

Can you not extract the campaign map and look how it is done? Since you most likely want only a certain stack, not all units of this type to act in a certain way, you probably need to define the stack as a new map object. (Sorry, do not remember how to do it). Thereafter modify its animation sequence.

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

shooting archers

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 08 May 2015, 08:06

You can do this by creating a custom object that will have archer geometry and animation, then just change the animation from idle00 to attack.

If you don't create custom object then when you change the animation sequence (I might be wrong though) all of the archers on the map will change it to attack. That is if you overwrite the animation path in object properties. But if you do it via script then only designated stack of archers, which you have to name beforehand, will change it's animation sequence.

Tell me if this helps, I could explain it in more detail if you need.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”