Facetool question

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
miasmicoverlord8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Facetool question

Unread postby miasmicoverlord8 » 11 Mar 2007, 22:12

does facetool add the heroes u create into the game or does it replace the old ones that you click on in the selection menu?

jeff

Re: Facetool question

Unread postby jeff » 12 Mar 2007, 00:39

miasmicoverlord8 wrote:does facetool add the heroes u create into the game or does it replace the old ones that you click on in the selection menu?
Its main purpose is to replace the picture, you can also change the biography, but you cannot create a hero just modify what's there.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

miasmicoverlord8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby miasmicoverlord8 » 12 Mar 2007, 20:19

ok thats what i thought

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Feb 2013, 21:43

anyone succeded using the facetool in the standard/wow version? it seems to me, that the facetool is on compatible with Equilibris mode, but I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere in this forum. Anyone knows if it can work on the regular version and possibly how?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 14 Feb 2013, 15:29

Karmakeld wrote:anyone succeded using the facetool in the standard/wow version? it seems to me, that the facetool is on compatible with Equilibris mode, but I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere in this forum. Anyone knows if it can work on the regular version and possibly how?
IIRC, It saves your results to a file ignored by original version. Equilibris reads it and uses it. So - it does not work with original version AS-IS. But you can find the file Facetool creates in Data folder of the game (I don't remember the name, sorry, extension is h4r, check creation date) and rename it to new.h4r. Let us know if it works.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Feb 2013, 20:22

I've tried renaming the new_mod file to new.h4r. Didn't work.
Renaming portraits to portraits.h4r didn't work.
And new_mod to new_mod.h4r didn't work.
These are the two files I can see it creates when making changes in the facetool so I tried with them.

EDIT:
if I copy the original new_mod.h4r file and then rename it to new.h4r then it works :-D . Soultion was found in the link I've posted further down.
Last edited by Anonymous on 30 Jan 2016, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 17 Feb 2013, 14:49

Karmakeld wrote:I've tried renaming the new_mod file to new.h4r. Didn't work.
Renaming portraits to portraits.h4r didn't work.
And new_mod to new_mod.h4r didn't work.
These are the two files I can see it creates when making changes in the facetool so I tried with them.
Every file produced by Facetool has to have extension. There should not be files like new_mod, only new_mod.h4r. If you see new_mod and rename it to new_mod.h4r, you probably really renamed it to new_mod.h4r.h4r. Please check Control Panel -> ... -> Folder Options -> Hide extensions for known file types.

As for the main question - I'll try to check couple ideas myself.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 18 Feb 2013, 08:51

ok, I wasn't aware of that. Just tried to rename it to just 'new' but that didn't work either (I also no longer could see the pics in the facetool).
so i'll just wait for your test i guess

poomi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Centos 7 & ZRM 3.7 For helping

Unread postby poomi » 31 Mar 2015, 15:40

Yes, I know this is a huge change and it will have a monstrous effect on campaign scenarios but if this is what it takes to make barbarians more interesting why not? sunglasses

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 Jan 2016, 20:21

okay, so it seems like Echo found a solution :)

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/7/15973
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Jan 2017, 19:01

a guide on how to use the facetool to replace existing portraits, with your own ones:
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... 2508#focus
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Equilibris”