Voting for Vampires!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 27 Mar 2015, 21:46

Liches... Vampires... Adele blanc-sec had some nice "Mummy"Liches"... Vampires... i kind of liked H3 classic look... hmm.... while ago i watched this good documentary on vampires... has some rare and exclusive footage on vampires daily life... x)

BlackDragonSlayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackDragonSlayer » 28 Mar 2015, 08:47

For the Lich, I was going to vote for the Sorceror, but I think that it looks too much like an upgraded unit (and if it was the basic unit, I wouldn't like to see what they do to it for the upgrade...); in the end, I went for the Ancient Mummy.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Voting for Vampires!

Unread postby Ryder » 28 Mar 2015, 10:05

All three of those Vampires suck anus, not blood.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 28 Mar 2015, 12:24

:lolu:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 29 Mar 2015, 02:18

I really don't want to be a prophet predicting in less than two days Ubisoft can say the "HOMM community voted for Vampire Lady and Mummy-Lich". lol

Not only they stole our game, they are also stealing our voice, replacing it by Ashanites, who can freely express themselves under the ever-flooding spamming system implemented to the dev blog.

Sylvan voting? Unicorn and Phoenix not in the same lineup, Deers along Blade-dancer got elected.
At least we could save Medusa in Dungeon, but at the cost of Manticore (hopefully we avoided the most DE option lol).

While the community has been criticizing Arthas Vampire (but now is a female, how fresh), while some fan named Negativland created what is now the obvious current source material used for the Undead Sorcerer (which was well received, only critics done towards it were the graphical artist's efforts to make the design fit the Ashan universe) already back in the days of Heroes 6. lol
Last edited by Galaad on 30 Mar 2015, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 29 Mar 2015, 16:29

Famous Interviewer: It's been rumored markkur that you don't care for the new art direction, is this true?

markkur: Yes. Take that Arnold Vampire; he should go on a serious diet, lose the sword and the armor, and just go "blah."

FI: “A Purist eh?”
m: “Idk about that but the Vampire images are all wrong.”
FI : “But with all the huge swords and axes flying-about wouldn’t “the blah” be out of place?"
m: "Maybe."
FI: "Then be creative, what would be a "pure change."
m: "Duh…Bela-like neck-biting."
FI: "Hmm, that's an idea but how would that look?"
m: "C'mon man I'm still waking up."
FI: "It's 2:30 in the afternoon."
m: "Ok, ok, give me a sec. Hmm, well, for neck-biting on the battlefield to look good we would have to make some big changes."
FI: "Such as?"
m: "After a very long period of analysis, we only have two real options; either we go the historical route and make the Vampires the size of a mosquito and “sneak-attack” or we defy all the rules and make them the scariest thing around. Think of it! The Vampires are Cyclops size and run up to the enemy in stomping-Chieftain-fashion and grab the smaller creatures and chomp their necks while holding the poor things high above their heads; like draining a bottle of beer."
FI: "That does sound very scary; what effect lingers on the victims? Are they under the Vampire's command for a turn or two?"
m: "They're dead man! Didn't you see the size of that Vampire?"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Mar 2015, 17:30

Heheee nice, reminds me of the interviewswe did back in the day. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Mar 2015, 01:07

Yeah, those were fun,those were.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 30 Mar 2015, 01:50

BlackDragonSlayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackDragonSlayer » 30 Mar 2015, 02:10

markkur wrote:m: "After a very long period of analysis, we only have two real options; either we go the historical route and make the Vampires the size of a mosquito and “sneak-attack” or we defy all the rules and make them the scariest thing around. Think of it! The Vampires are Cyclops size and run up to the enemy in stomping-Chieftain-fashion and grab the smaller creatures and chomp their necks while holding the poor things high above their heads; like draining a bottle of beer."
FI: "That does sound very scary; what effect lingers on the victims? Are they under the Vampire's command for a turn or two?"
m: "They're dead man! Didn't you see the size of that Vampire?"
Give them a sword for added effect!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 30 Mar 2015, 11:38

I see "the fans" had chosen the Priest Of Death. I guess it is because he is spotting a hoodie.

Good grief...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Mar 2015, 13:45

Really? I liked its book only. hohoho
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Mar 2015, 14:26

Well the mummy lost :( but at least the no sword vamp won. I think that's the first vote I won so far. :S

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 30 Mar 2015, 17:33

Kalah wrote:Heheee nice, reminds me of the interviewswe did back in the day. :)
yeah, lots of good stuff there. I found the comics a few years back. I thought the following quite appropriate. :D
The undergrowth crackles warningly. Crag gestures for everyone to duck for cover, which in Sandro's case is more of a slow sideways lurch, and then points at something moving in the distance.

CRAG: Sssh. What we're hearing now is the migrational rustlings of the rare but harmless Woodland Vampire.

VAMPIRE: Blah!

CRAG: If we're quiet, we will see him flapping from tree to tree, returning to his nest where he will feed his little vampire hatchlings. We don't want to disturb him now, so stay quiet.

SANDRO: Is your little friend meant to be doing that?

CRAG: You mean Ferret, who seems to be running around with a gigantic lobster clamped to his head?

SANDRO: Yes.

CRAG: It's okay. He's insured.

VAMPIRE (distantly): Blah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Mar 2015, 17:48

The Blood Monster won! Nice. Finally a vampire without a sword, instead relying on teeth and claws. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Mar 2015, 19:07

Kudos to that! Vampires with no swords. They could even be nice looking, but drop that sword into the nearest abyss, for God's sake.

The lich option was the second I would prefer. But all three had very similar measures in my like-ometer anyway.

BlackDragonSlayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackDragonSlayer » 31 Mar 2015, 07:45

Ehhh... why did the only Lich design I didn't want to win have to win...

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 01 Apr 2015, 10:49

I'm not sure how to feel about the new lich design... Indifferent, I guess. It's ok. At least it's 10x better than the previous one.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Apr 2015, 20:33

Darkström wrote:I'm not sure how to feel about the new lich design... Indifferent, I guess. It's ok. At least it's 10x better than the previous one.
I tried to save it a bit and submitted this at the dev blog, but I doubt they will consider it.
Of course this is made in a rush with poor skills and looks terrible, but just to grasp the idea I had in my mind. The fully visible skull-head was made by Minastir, his previous tweak I used myself to "work" on (red eyes + covering torso and arms) is this one.

I am glad the most Ashanian designs didn't make it.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Apr 2015, 20:46

Galaad wrote: Of course this is made in a rush with poor skills and looks terrible, but just to grasp the idea I had in my mind.
My eyes just melted. :cantsee:

But nice try! :D I learned that their designers do love a mask, a veil or whatever else they can stick to one's face. Not that I don't like, but they overuse simply everything.

Return to “News”