In Memoriam...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 Aug 2014, 00:44

Yeah, just read it on the TP forum as well.

My guess is that it's a miracle he made it this long.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Aug 2014, 10:02

I have always said that one of the traits of a truly great actor is diversity; being able to play different roles convincingly. Williams was a master of this; from Dead poets' sociey to One hour photo, he could do anything.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Aug 2014, 13:55

Many good roles, indeed. A pity he couldn't overcome his problems another way.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Aug 2014, 17:41

Panda Tar wrote:Many good roles, indeed. A pity he couldn't overcome his problems another way.

It is a shame; with all the money he made, he was once again facing bankruptcy and his last TV show was a failure. I guess he saw no way out. That is a pity; someone with his talent would have been given opportunities to help him dig his way out. Night at the Museum 3 is due out in December and he had at least 3 movie projects lined up. :rip:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Aug 2014, 19:32

You dont kill yourself over money at 63...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Aug 2014, 22:58

Lauren Bacall, Hollywood icon known for her sultry sensuality, died Tuesday. She was 89. Her movies included including "The Big Sleep", "Dark Passage" and "Key Largo". :rip:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/12/showbiz/l ... call-dead/

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Aug 2014, 18:34

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28785585

Actress Arlene Martel, who was best known for playing T'Pring, the prospective bride of Mr Spock in Star Trek, has died in California aged 78. :rip:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Aug 2014, 22:17

Richard Attenborough just died, at 90. Great director of 'Gandhi', I knew him as an actor mostly for 'Jurassic Park', 'The great escape' and 'Elizabeth'.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Aug 2014, 16:24

Now, who owns Jurassic Park? :(
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Sep 2014, 20:24

Panda Tar wrote:Now, who owns Jurassic Park? :(
Life does... because it found a way.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Feb 2015, 18:30

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Feb 2015, 18:34

Image :rip:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Feb 2015, 20:22

Sad, but not too surprising. Fun fact: I started watching Star Trek because of Might and Magic. And I watched one episode of Voyager just before I heard the news.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Feb 2015, 22:11

Very sad news. :angel: :rip:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Mar 2015, 21:09

Adding here that sad news for the order.

Sir Terry Pratchett, renowned fantasy author, dies aged 66 on 12 March 2015.

He was great author, with his Discoword series. With tear in my eyes I remember Erick Faust, Pyramids and out of series Johny, only you can save mankind.

And he was ill, suffered from dementia and died on it.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jun 2015, 12:45

Christopher Lee dies at 93

While most people probably remember Lee as "Saruman" from the The lord of the rings series, or as "Count Dooku" from Star Wars, I remember him fondly as "Rochefort" in Richard Lester's Musketeers film series. I watched those films in my youth and he was an excellent bad guy. Also, of course, "Scaramanga" in James Bond: The man with the golden gun. Active for an incredible half-a-century, Lee has had an incredible career, doing everything from lead roles in Hollywood heavy-hitters, to popping by series and TV movies for small parts.

I am sure most people who have watched some films have some relationship with Lee's performances.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 12 Jun 2015, 08:26

Kalah wrote:Christopher Lee dies at 93

While most people probably remember Lee as "Saruman" from the The lord of the rings series, or as "Count Dooku" from Star Wars, I remember him fondly as "Rochefort" in Richard Lester's Musketeers film series. I watched those films in my youth and he was an excellent bad guy. Also, of course, "Scaramanga" in James Bond: The man with the golden gun. Active for an incredible half-a-century, Lee has had an incredible career, doing everything from lead roles in Hollywood heavy-hitters, to popping by series and TV movies for small parts.

I am sure most people who have watched some films have some relationship with Lee's performances.
Had to log on and join you about this fine man. :(

I watched him in so many roles, he could play just about any role. I enjoy nearly all Sherlock Holmes stuff and even he did a wonderful intro for a DVD on an obscure series that I own that was done in 1954. He did the B-horror flicks, played Holmes himself and many other parts besides the latest and most famous. I have an Ivanhoe mini-series and he was an awesome Templar Grand-Master, that was ready to torch anyone; made his own Saruman look like a nice fellow. :D

Btw, I have an interview with Peter Jackson about him coaching C. Lee on the "dying scene after being stabbed by Wormtongue" (Lee knew what to do) apparently Lee was a hard-core agent in WWII and knew what sound a body makes when being stabbed. Also, he was also a master of languages.

There is a Christmas message on You tube (2013 or 14) where he is still a ball of fire to act. He was quite the man. Rest in Peace Sir Christopher.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Jun 2015, 22:46

Patrick Macnee, star of 1960s TV series 'The Avengers, dead at 93. Macnee died Thursday of natural causes with his family at his bedside in Rancho Mirage. :rip:

I loved that TV show; well maybe not the Tara King year, but even that was better than a lot on today.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: In Memoriam...

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Aug 2015, 08:07

Rest In Peace, HotRod. Image

jeff

Re: In Memoriam...

Unread postby jeff » 15 Aug 2015, 21:25

George Cole; the British actor most famous for his role in the British TV show Minder, but I will also remember him for his role in the 1951 version of the Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, where he played the Young Ebenezer Scrooge along with Patrick Macnee, who played the young Jacob Marley; with both dying this year; the movie will be a bit more solemn when I watch it in the future. :rip:

Return to “Campfire”