Team

Forum for discussing the Heroic tabletop game
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Team

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Sep 2011, 13:03

This thread is to announce who's joining us to try and make this project go on. Please, ladies and gentlemen, warm welcome to the collaborators:
:applause:
  • Dalai
    GreatEmerald
    Groovy
    Panda Tar
    Pitsu
    Thunder Titan
03-06-2015
Although the old list remains - even if some of those aren't active in this project for now - we had some recent addition that I hope it'll be of help, even if it's just temporarily.
  • Articun (inactive)
    mediczero (ina)
    Elvin
    Galaad
    Hotak (aka War-overlord) (ina)
    Sandro400
    kobaltmaster
    cleglaw
Last edited by Panda Tar on 12 May 2015, 13:39, edited 10 times in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Sep 2011, 17:01

Hi there, Groovy and Pitsu.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Sep 2011, 17:52

Nice lineup, good luck!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Team

Unread postby Dalai » 22 Sep 2011, 18:53

Panda Tar wrote:warm welcome to the victims
Panda Tar is an alias of Doctor Moreau. 8|
I should have guessed earlier! :ill:

@all
Hi everybody!
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Sep 2011, 19:05

Too bad. I have Shackles of War.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 22 Sep 2011, 21:06

Hi everyone. It's good to be here. With moderator powers, no less. :devious:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 06 Oct 2011, 20:52

Hello people! It's nice to be back. Hopefully I will be able to help you guys. I offer you my knowledge of Magic: The Gathering, which I've been playing extensively this past year. Maybe you will want to draw upon their model in certain aspects, who knows. I'll start reading the various topics as soon as I have some spare time, which is in the second half of October.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Oct 2011, 22:00

Welcome. :)

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 08 Oct 2011, 15:07

Welcome aboard, theLuckyDragon!

I had a feeling you would be joining us. I already took the liberty of suggesting that we use Magic the Gathering mechanics in our game. :proud:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2014, 19:55

Well, here we will have to recruit people again when necessary, my fault! :drama:

Well, the old ones are free to give contribution in the upcoming topics when they have the time or opportunity to do so. Still have to shake off the dust.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2014, 20:24

Wow, looks at everyone whos back... i was convinced you guys got eaten by a gaint mutated whale or something...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2014, 20:32

Well, a gaint mutated whale is not enought to stop me. Maybe PA with bkb.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Mar 2015, 13:46

Just for general info, Groovy has listed some directions of what it's to be done of now (will update his thread as things get done):
  • 1. Design the game. This consists of determining which items the game consists of (maps, towns, creatures), designing all of them, and defining how they interact (game rules). Doing this requires thorough understanding of the game's vision. Lacking that, one can still contribute by suggesting design features for the designer to consider

2. Design the game world. This amounts to defining the overall structure of the game world and the mechanisms (forces of nature) that shape it. It requires consideration of how these affect the world's inhabitants in terms of species and race, nutrition, mobility, tools, etc. Lastly, it involves laying out the main geographical features as well as detailed terrain, including any exotic features that we may want to include in the game mechanics and/or lore. This also requires understanding of the game's vision, but not as detailed as point 1

3. Map the game world. This takes the game world produced in point 2 and turns it into maps on which the game can be played. It requires good understanding of how the game plays in order to produce maps that suit its mechanics

4. Play test the game. The latest designs will be provided by designers in electronic form. Prospective testers will need to print, glue and cut them in order to make the physical game. They can then proceed to play the game, ideally with the help of family/friends, and feed their observations back to the designers. For now, the game rules will have to be inferred from the play testing of the first two maps, which has been fully preserved in electronic form

5. Write the rule book. The structure of the game turn as well as all the rules that govern the interactions between various game objects need to be collated into a master document, which can then serve to inform the players on how to play the game. This cannot be finalised until the design is finished, but can be worked on incrementally, and would be especially beneficial to make explicit the various unstated design decisions. The rules can be inferred from the results of play testing

6. Create tutorials. Because of the game's high complexity, it will be necessary to provide tutorials to ease new players into the game. Basic ones can be produced now, while more advanced ones will have to wait for the game design to be more fleshed out

7. Draw the artwork. We cannot produce all the game artwork until the design is finished, but we can produce the little artwork that will be needed for a crowdfunding campaign. This will probably be a mixture of rough sketches and finished drawings that depict some of the factions, creatures, their equipment and parts of the game world

8. Write the lore. We need lore that provides names, descriptions and snippets of backstory for all the factions, species, races, heroes, artefacts, locations, etc. This lore needs to be usable for both the game and the novel that will accompany it (which I will write)

9. Update the wiki. Most of the information produced in points 1-8 needs to be uploaded onto the wiki once it is sufficiently stable, and then maintained to account for changes
You may choose where you think you can lend your expertise and efforts and discuss with Groovy the next steps on that subject in its respective thread, if already created. Given that more people might join in and help in the same topic listed above, it would be better if those discussions could be kept for everyone here to see, to catch up any details and learn more about the overall game making.

mediczero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mediczero » 09 Mar 2015, 17:10

Well I'll be glad to help in any way I can! :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Mar 2015, 17:12

Welcome, mediczero. :wave: (see, our smileys are much better! hohoho)

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 10 Mar 2015, 12:03

Welcome mediczero! It's good to have you here. I look forward to working with you.

What would you like to work on?

Sandro400
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sandro400 » 11 Mar 2015, 18:28

Heeeeeello guys!
Kinda surprised to get the offer, but looking forward for being helful in any way I can.
My areas of expertise are 2, 4, 8. Sometimes I can give some chaotic thoughts about 1 =P

P.S.: the best way of working with me is to give me a concrete task. Like "describe this" or "design that", guidelines (if there're any) etc. In short words, I like concrete descriptions of my job. You ask - I do.

P.P.S.: happy too see Elvin (expected), WO and Galaad here ^_^

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2015, 18:37

Welcome, again. :proud:

Elvin has access, although he said he might not have too much time to be around here, only very sporadically. But given that I appraise his opinions, which are always very reasonable and balanced on an overall sense, I kept the doors opened whenever he felt like joining in any of the discussed topics.

Groovy already showed some enthusiasm due your predisposition on those topics you numbered in Facebook, while chatting with me. Now, I guess if you need any directions, he would be the better man to do so. I'm only enslaving you all.

Oh, the smiley. :proudirule:

Sandro400
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sandro400 » 11 Mar 2015, 18:42

Waiting for Groovy then ^_^

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 11 Mar 2015, 21:50

I love getting three wishes! :oex:

Welcome, Sandro400! Do you mind if I call you Sandro?

Thank you for stating your preferences so clearly. I'll pick the first wish - option 2. I think it's the earliest of the three that we need to finish.

I have started a new topic about the game world so that we don't clog up this one. There's a lot more info that I need to add, which I'll get to as quickly as I can.

Return to “Tabletop Forum”