New H4 map for 2015

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

New H4 map for 2015

Unread postby PatFX » 05 Mar 2015, 15:59

Hi all,
this is my first post here! During the last 5 years, I was working on a H4 map. This map is for 2 players (cooperative) vs computer. I did a lot of test with a friend (with all alignement). We are currently testing a new version. (you can look at more info about this map in my reply in this topic)

We did a lot of test and each game is more than 50 H4 month (more than 200 H4 weeks and the map is not finish yet). Now, 75-80% of the map is finish.

This map as a lot of cool specifications. Some item are use for quest or for something else. For exemple, Wand of illusion can be use by a Hero level 25++ to remove some rock on the adventure map. Wand of fire can remove some ice to open new passage.

Some magic spell can only be find at the end of the game (Hypnotise, Vampiric touch...)

The number of hero you can hire is limited.

There is a lot of secret place/passage/bonus.

The opposite armys are all predefined with some unique spell or creature combination.

I think I will finish this map next October.

I need to finish the last part and do some balance between alignement (right now, Nature, Death and Order are the best)

sorry for my bad english!! (my friend's english is better than me, so don't worry...lol)

I can't wait to share my map with you guys!

PatFX
Last edited by PatFX on 10 Apr 2015, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Mar 2015, 18:17

Welcome; A new map H-IV will be eagerly anticipated; especially from a new member of the forum.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 05 Mar 2015, 19:14

50 months in game? I'm afraid it can be boring, but we'll see.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Mar 2015, 00:50

All of the campaigns I published took at least 3 years to finish. Obviously I took breaks. The campaign I am working on has been in production for over 4, but I haven't done anything with it in over a year. :(
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 06 Mar 2015, 15:11

jeff wrote:All of the campaigns I published took at least 3 years to finish. Obviously I took breaks. The campaign I am working on has been in production for over 4, but I haven't done anything with it in over a year. :(
Pick something small and simple (if there is anything like that left) and do it :D Baby steps!

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 20 Mar 2015, 18:15

Hi guys,

I'm currently testing my map with my friend. Maybe you could give me some ideas for the end game (currently under developpement)

Some information about the map:

The map is separate into 3 parts.

1- During the first part, the objective is to reach a specific castle (2 castle, 1 for each player) before month 28. In part 1, you have a lot of choice: You can access differents territory of the map, but you can't clear all territory before month 28, so you need to choose wich territory you want to clear.

Just before month 28 (before you reach the specific castle), there is a difficult fight for both player. At the end of this fight, only heroes can pass the gate to access the castles. So each player will start part 2 with only few heroes. If you can do this fight without some creatures, you may be able to save those creatures for part2.

During part1, each player have 2 castles (of your alignement). There is a lot of castle with opposing army to defeat, but those castles have no dwelling (or only lvl1 creatures dwelling).
The only creature you can get is from your 2 castles, but you can hire some creatures on the map too (Gargantuan, evil sorceress, Frenzied Gnasher, Dark champion, Goblin, Catapult, Evil eyes...) For exemple, in my current test, I'm playing with Death and I have 4 heroes, Vampire, Demon and Catapult in my main troop (those catapult are very slow, but are really usefull). My mate is playing Nature and he has 3 heroes, Elves, Water elemental, Ferry Dragon and Gargantuan in his troop.

2- At the beginning of part2, both player will lose controle of all castles (except for the specific one at the beginning of part2). So the objective of part2 is to control all the castle on the map. At the beginning of part2, you can hire some neutral units (Evil eyes, mantis, Sea monster, Goblin Knight, Ice Demon....) to create your new army. Some items can help you hire more neutral units. So, at the beginnig of part2, you control a new and different troop.

3- When you and your mate control all the castles on the map, you can reach part3, the final territory. For this territory, only a troop of 7 heroes can enter the territory, but you can merge any heroes from the 2 players. The 7 more powerfull heroes should be use.

There is a lot of combat and some of the best spell can be learn at this stage.

More info about the map:
- Some quest must be accomplished to open some territory, but there's a lot of side quest that you don't need to do (but some of them gives great rewards).

- There are some territories that only heroes can access, and some other that only creatures can access.

- There is some tower where you can pay to get informations about some side quest or secret (talk to a priest).

- There is more than 400 script running

- There is more than 250 quest hut (quest, side quest, item and spell shop, dwelling, combat cave, Priest (to get information about some secret) and more...

- Most of the opposing heroes have some script too (for exemple, most of the opposing heroes are usin Robe of the Guardian, but when you defeat those heroes, the Robe of the Guardian is remove before you get it). If later in the game, you fight those heroes again, they will always have a Robe of the Gardian at the beggining of the combat. Same is true for some other item.

- There is a "move" that I call a "split": A split is when you put a creature out of your troop. If you do this several time, you will see that creatures that you "split" (put out of the troop) are distributed arround your heroes (clockwise). When you "split" a troop, you can reach some territory that you were not able without doiing a "split".

For Exemple:

O = your troop
Y = a creature split (put out of your troop)
X = object on the map
H = territory (land)

X X X X X
H X H X X
H O X X X
H H H H H

If you look at your troop (O), you can't go to territory (H top right of your troop) because of the objects on the map.... but if you split your troop, the creature that you put out (Y) of your troop can now access the territory:

X X X X X
H X Y X X
H O X X X
H H H H H

There is an item* that tell you where you can split your troop and reach a secret territory (usually for item). Sometime, you need to "split" several creatures to reach the secret territory.

So the first time you play the map, you don't have this item* (to know where to split) before part2. The second time you play the map, if you remember where you can split, you can spilt your troop without this item and reach the secret territory before part2. This add fun because you get some reward if you play the map more than once (like me, I did probably play 15-20 times and try all alignement). You can open the map with the map editor (cheat) to find those "split" territories, but I have some surprises for peoples that want to cheat.... ;) ...... a lot of surprises for cheater....

- You should save your game each week (or 3-4 days) because a lot of thing can happen. ( I remember 1 game where a big mo%/er fu&!er came out from a gate and kill all my troop.... Then I need to load a save game 2 weeks before to avoid this beast.

- There is only few exemple (restricted) of some items on the map. For exemple, you can't get more than 2 Tiger Armor, so you need to share with your mate. Most of the good items are restricted (only 1-2-3). Robe of the Gardian is one of them.

- Some good spell are also restricted. For exemple, you can only find 2 Cat Reflex parchment on the entire map.

- Sometime, you need to do 3-4 consecutive fight without interrupt (quest hut). If you lose 1 heroe during the first fight, you need to do the other fight without this heroes before you can ressurect him.

If you guys have some good ideas (mid or end game), tell me and I will try to incorporate some of them into the map.

sorry for my bad english.....

Have a nice day!!

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 21 Mar 2015, 13:36

Sounds like a great piece of work!
I once had the pleasure of playtesting an XL heavily scripted map loaded with quests and have a pretty good idea of the effort involved ;)

Some things I think you could consider:
- 28 months is a long time, not to mention 50. Don't count on every player taking that long. That means you need to consider players being able to cover far more territory than you expect them to.
- some critical spells that you should restrict or make available at key points: summon leprechaun(!!), regeneration(!!), heavenly shield, heal. And basically all other spells that increase hero survivability.
- finish your work! :D A map of this magnitude will never be complete. There are always more improvements possible. At some point you just need to stop developing and release it
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 23 Mar 2015, 13:57

Thanks for your feedback Wimfrits.

I will probably reduced part1 to 24-26 month. Some player will probably cover more territory than I expect, but they will probably need to skip some important side quest. If you cover a lot of different territory without killing all the opposing heroes (troops), you can have some serious problem later The computer can sometime merge 2 differents troops and become a beast.
When I test the map, I usually do aprrox 75% of all side quest and I use a potion of Endurance every day (for more movement). I can probably finish part1 within 26 month, but there will be a lot of unexplored territories. More unexplored territories means more to explored during part2 (with a less powerfull troop because you will lose a lot of good creature during the last combat of part1, I mean even if you don't lose creatures, you can't bring them to part2)

Some more info about the map:

- There is no building for level4 and level5 magic spell in your castle.

- There is no building for magic spell in any opposing castle.

- Town portal spell is banned on this map (you can't find it anywhere)

- Summon ship spell is available at part2 only.

- Equestrian's gloves and boots of travel are not easy to get (movement is not free on this map)

- It is prohibited to play with 2 players with the same alignement (to avoid merging).

- For some combat, you can need to merge some of your troop with your mate's troop to kill an opposing troop. For exemple, during the current test, we had big problem with an opposing troop. My mate send me his Faery Dragon and Water Elemental to add to my troop (3 Heroes + Vampire + Demon). It's not always a good idea because your moral will be reduced and because 2 troops can cover a lot more territories than 1 troop.

- Some portal can be use only by computer player (shortcut between his castle).

- There is 2 big "jail" full of opposing troop on the map. Some of them will go out at a predefined time, but some others will go out when some event trig. Each "jail" have few portal (one-way), so these opposing troops can go to a lot of different territories. This make every game different and add a lot of surprise to the gamplay.

That's it for now.

More info coming soon!

Have a nice day!!

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 27 Apr 2015, 15:45

Hi all,

I'm currently testing the map with a friend. We are at month 12. We are playing with Death (me) and Nature (friend).

In the past, we did some test with other alignement. Here are some comments about all alignement:

Death: When I play Death, I usually use Vampire, Demon and Catapult or Gargantuan. I did try Bone Dragon too and they are good (fear is usefull), but I prefer the Ice Demon from Demon. Death is a good alignement because Vampire are one of the best creature in the game.... and because the Undead Transformer and Necromency can generate a lot of Vampire. 1 Ranged attacker is in the troop is important. Thats why Catapult or Gargantuan need to be add. I did try with Evil Eyes too (there is a lot of Evil Eyes dwelling on the map), but the area damage of Catapult or Gargantuan are more usefull. I always play with 4 Heroes with Death. I did try Dark Champion instead of Catapult or Gargantuan, but Death already have 2 melee creature (Vampire and Demon or Bone Dragon). If you play with 3 Heroes, you can try Vampire, Demon, Dark Champion and Catapult or Gargantuan. I personnaly prefer 4 heroes for more control (spell). I did try to play with Ghost but they are not enought powerfull.... This is my favorite alignement. I di a lot of test with Death.

Nature: Probably the best alignement for this map. Elves, Water Elemental, Faery Dragon are all ranged attacker. Summoning can generate a lot of creatures. With Gargantuan, Nature become really powerfull. We did try phoenix inbstead of Dragon, but Faery Dragon can control with confusion. When we play with Nature, we always use 3 heroes in the main army because Water Elemental and Faery Dragon can cast usefull spell (Quick sand, fatigue and confusion). This is my friend's favorite alignement.

Order: This is a really good alignement too. I usually play with Genie and Titan. Those 2 creatures are one of the best of the game. With Gargantuan in your troop, Genie becomes a weapon of mass destruction (illusion of Gargantuan). I did try Mecanical Dragon, but Titan are a way better for this map. I usually play with 4 Heroes with Order (sometime 3 heroes). I did try Evil Sorceress, but not enought powerfull in my opinion (but the teleport hability mass cancellation spell can be usefull). Order are really fun to play with. Genie are so cool!!

Life: This is a good alignement, but a little more difficult to play than the first 3 one (Death, Nature and Order). Ballista are not bad, but not as good as Elves or Medusa (for a level 2 creature). If you play with a level2 creature in your troop, you will play with 3 Heroes (One level2-3-4 and 1 other level 4: Catapult or Gargantuan). Monk are good. I did never try with Crusader, the reason is because Life already have Angel (or Champion...) has a melee creature. Melee creature are not easy to use, because the opposing army is almost always more powerfull then our army, so if you send your melee creature in the fight at the beginning of the combat, you will lose everything.... Angel are powerfull and usefull.

Might: I only try two test with this alignement. I did try Cyclope with Behemoth and Thunderbird (with Gargantuan and Catapult). I did never try with a level 2 in my troop. This is a more difficult alignement to play because Cyclope are good but have only few ranged attack. Behemoth are powerfull, but they don't have flying. Thunderbird are not bad, but Behemoth are more powerfull. Creature growth is good with this alignement.

Chaos: I did try 2 or 3 test with this alignement. This is a hard alignement to play because level 3 and level 4 creatures are all melee. Level 3 creatures are not really good (Efreet or Nightmare). I did never try with Black Dragon because we can't cast spell on them. Hydra are good (no retaliation hability), but they don't fly.... Medusa are good. I did try with 4 Heroes, Medusa, Hydra and Catapult or Gargantuan and 3 Heroes with Medusa, Hydra and Catapult or Gargantuan and Evil Eyes.

Before releasing this map, I will try 3 more test: Chaos (me) with Life (friend), Might (me) with Order (friend) and then Death(me) with Nature (friend). Nature, Death and Order are OK right now. Life, Might and Chaos will probably need some help for balance with the 3 other alignement.

Some modifications that I will need to test.

Chaos: add a building to exchange Efreet or Nightmare for Hydra (10 or 12/1)

Life: add a building to exchange balista for Monk (15/1)

Might: ?????

General comments:
No matter what alignement you are playing, you should use Catapult or Gargantuan in your troop. Ranged attacker are essential.

For the current test, we will play until part2 (month28) to look at everything about part1 (I need to look at some specific quest and some opposing troop power). Then we will try a new map version with Chaos and Life and play until the end. Then, play an other version with Might and Order and finally, play a last test with our favorite alignement Death and Nature. (a lot of testing....)

Some comments about the current test:

During the first 3 month, we stay in the main territory (we have 1 castle each at the beginning, and then take control of 1 new castle each). We did build all our level4 creature dwelling in our castles, take control of mine and collect all ressources. There is a quest (combat) to open the second territory (we need to bring back a ring to a wizard). From the second territory, you have acces to 4 differents territories (2 small and 2 medium).

Before month 10, we took control of 7 more castles (all Might alignement, control by the green player "computer"), clean 3 bonus territories to upgrade our heroes and get new spell/item (ice, underground and pirate island).

During the current testing, we did try to open a territory a little sooner than usual (Arround month 10, before we hire creatures from special dwelling: Gargantuan and Catapult), but we did face a powerfull troop (with 250 Black Dragon and a lots of units). The computer start to take back control of some of our castle (we lost control of 4 castles....) While my mate is now trying to take back control of the castle we did lost, I'm going inside a territory where only heroes can enter and try to clean it up.

I really like those kind of territories (where only heroes can access). The combats are different than when we are using creatures. If I'm dying during combat, I can flee to the closest castle then come back and continue the combat. For 1 combat, I did flee 2-3 times before I could kill the opposing troop (the first time, I did kill the opposing Heroes, then the cyclope an then Black Dragon and everithing else).

I already have a new version of the map with the last 2 parts finish (part2 and part3). I will need to translate some part for the story (currently in french lol).

Have a nice day!

More info coming soon!!!

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Re: New H4 map for 2015

Unread postby PatFX » 20 Nov 2015, 14:54

Hi guys!

The map is now almost finish, but I need to test few more things.

..... so the map will be release next year....

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 22 Nov 2015, 22:00

:tsup:
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Nov 2015, 04:20

Is it possible playing this map alone, I mean, cooperating with an AI, for example?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Nov 2015, 16:09

Not to pour cold water or anything, but a map that needs 2 years to complete will take up more than several days of gametime. That makes it hard for most people to spare the time. And if you come back after several weeks, you may have forgotten your original strategies, intentions, actions, etc. I feel it should have been split into a campaign of 8 maps which would make it much more manageable.

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 23 Nov 2015, 16:16

Is it possible playing this map alone, I mean, cooperating with an AI, for example?
You can play the map alone (cooporating with a computer), but the best way to play this map alone is to play with 2 alignements.

The computer will not be a very good mate, believe me. I mean, he will do a lot of mistakes and probably die quickly.

Sometime, you need to wait (get more troop, doing side quest) before you can face some big nasty computer troop.

This is not an easy map. If you are a begginer player, you will have a lot of problems. The computer troop are almost always bigger than your troop, so you need to use your spell wisely. You can't get all spell. You need to buy spell level 3-4-5, and a lot of them are find at the end of the game.

The most usefull spell (for the first part) are : Teleport, Mass Slow, Quick Sand, control spell (Confusion, Wasp Swarm, Song of Peace), Exorcism, Cancellation, Dispel, Summon Devil, Summon Water elemental, Mass Slayer, Mass precesion, Illusion, Aura Fear, Mass Misforturne.....

Sometime, it takes me 10-12 time (trying the same combat) before I can win without losing to much (or 0) creatures and I'm a master at this game, so for a beginner, it could be really difficult. If you lose more than 5-10% of your troop, wait and try the combat later.

This map is not an equilibris one (I did start this map 10 years ago, and I did so many test to balance the gameplay that I can't use equilibris now)

Few advises for combat:

- If you have a Crusader Class Hero (maximum moral) or the Harmonic chainmail (Mirth): This hero (or the hero with the Harmonic Chainmail) will play first, so you should use this hero to cast a good starting spell like Mass Slow, Confusion.....

- Cyclop, Gargantuan and Catapult are really powerfull. You should always try to control (confusion/WaspSwarm) those creatures.

- Sometime, you can't control a creature (for exemple Catapult), so you should teleport this creature in your troop to prevent his ranged (multiple target) attack.

- Black Dragon are your worst nightmare. Sometime, you will need to use illusion or summon to prevent his Breath Attack to kill your creature (creature behind the target). The illusion/Summon prevent the black dragon to jump in a position where he can attack 2 creatures/Hero.

- most of the computer's Hero has a Robe of The Guardian. Using the range attack of a Grandmaster Archery Hero his a good way to remove Robe of the Guardian's hability. Summon Elve can be usefull too. Killing Heros as fast as you can is often the best way to do a combat.

- Evil Sorceress are sometime a real pain. They can cast Mass Cancellation (remove all your Hero's immortality potion) and then an opponent's creature can kill one of your Hero. Try to control or kill Evil Sorceress as soon as you can.

- Sometime, you can use summon Devil and attack a Black Dragon, Phoenix or Mega Dragon to do damage (by a good positionning of your Devil) to an opponents creatures at the beginning of a combat (when opponent's creatures are close to each other).

- Sometime, if you have problems for a combat, this is a good idea to send only one creature for fighting first, and then try to do the combat again. This will remove shrine effect (like speed) on the opponent's troop and sometime change the position of his creatures in combat.

- The tiger Set, Amulet of Fear and Grandmaster Melee combo can be really usefull. The Hero will attack twice without retaliation, so he will have a good chance to freeze his target.

- It can be a good idea to learn tactic to 2 diffenrents heros of the same troop. Later in the game, you will be able to split artifact with moral or Speed (Ring and Helm) or Luck (Ring and misc) or Attack(Weapon and Ring) or Defense (Shield and Ring) on 2 hero. One hero with all moral artifact and one hero with all luck artifact for exemple (don't use moral and luck on 2 different hero because the game looks at the highest moral/luck/... heros only)

Few more info for the game:

- Share ressources and artifact with your mate.

- For some combat (for exemple : the combat to get your second castle), you can share creatures too. Some neutral can be difficult for some alignement but easy for an other one.

- Always talk to the priest in each territory (and pay him to get info), he will tell you a lot of good things that will help you.

- Don't use any potion of Speed, you will be able to trade them for a ring of speed later(5 potions for 1 ring).

- Remember that computer need to fight neutral too. Sometime, you can avoid fighting a neutral and use them has a "wall" for the computer. There is a lot of neutral creature stuck behind a rock that you can remove with a Wand of Illusion. If you let those neutral troop alive and they face the computer later, you will have the control of those neutral troop for the duration of the combat.

More info coming soon!!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Nov 2015, 16:32

I'm not novice in H4. This is the Heroes game I most played, although I prefer H2 the most and H3 coming close to it. :D

Anyway, I'm asking this because I'm likely to be playing this game off line, when I'm resting somewhere away from Internet connection, so I'll probably have to deal with an allied AI. This map supports Equilibris, right?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 23 Nov 2015, 18:41

I'm not novice in H4. This is the Heroes game I most played, although I prefer H2 the most and H3 coming close to it. :D

Anyway, I'm asking this because I'm likely to be playing this game off line, when I'm resting somewhere away from Internet connection, so I'll probably have to deal with an allied AI. This map supports Equilibris, right?
If you play alone, you should play for player #1 and player#2 (both player are in the same territory). This map is XXL and you need to be 2 good players to do a good job. I mean, an AI player won't help you at all. Personnally, I did test few time this map alone (usually, I play with a friend) and it is really cool to play with 2 different alignement and 2 main troop.

This map is not for Equilibris unfortunatly. There is a lot of difference between Equilibris and not Equilibris: Spell and Spell level, Class, Speed, Resurrection skill, Necromency skill, Creature hability/attack/toughness.... This map was design and test for a no-Equilibris version. This map tooks me more than 5 years (working on it for 10 years ON/OFF) to design, test and balance without using Equilibris. Sorry....

Not to pour cold water or anything, but a map that needs 2 years to complete will take up more than several days of gametime. That makes it hard for most people to spare the time. And if you come back after several weeks, you may have forgotten your original strategies, intentions, actions, etc. I feel it should have been split into a campaign of 8 maps which would make it much more manageable.
I agree that if you stop playing for few weeks, you will probably forget your strategies.... and yes, it takes more than few days of gametime.

...but a single map is not the same as a compaign of several maps for different reasons.

For exemple, this map has "3" part.... but for the first part (part1), you can't do everything, so you need to decide wich territory you will try to clean before part2.

With a campaign, every troop (neutral and computer) are predefined for each map. With a single map, computer and neutral have a growth (same for a compaign), computer can merge 2 troops, some computer's hero can be in prison... so "part2" can be very different from one game the an other.

There is few big jail on the map with a lot of creatures and heros. Depend on what you are doing (quest and territory), some troop will go out of this jail and move on different territory. So everything you do has an effect on the other parts of the game.

At the end of the game (or anytime), you can come back to the first territory, and everything (quest, neutral, shop...) is still there. If you did not hire creature from a specific dwelling, you can now hire all those creatures. For exemple, I never use Goblin Knight during part1, but use them during part2 and there is a Goblin dwelling in the first territory. So When I want to use them, I can hire all creature in that dwelling (including the creature's growth). With a campaign, There will be only few creatures in that dwelling at the beggining of the second map (for exemple).

A good way to remember what you are doing is by giving your save game a good name. Ex.: Q_CrystalF_Romulu_Open_SwampGate (take control of "Romulu" Castle for Crystal Figurine quest and open the gate to the Swamp territory). Personnaly, I play that map so many time that I always save the game with the Alignement/Month/Week/days: Something like DN_M23_W2_D5 (Death and Nature, month 23, week2 and day5) because I then can compare between different game with different alignement (some alignement are more difficult to play with) and it help me balancing the game.

I did this map because I want to play a complete game, not several predefined level (map). Campaign are really cool too, but it's something really different.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 26 Feb 2016, 22:55

Hey PatFx.. Did you release this map?

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 29 Feb 2016, 14:45

Hey PatFx.. Did you release this map?
Not yet.

I did find few littlte bugs during my last test.

I did some modifications too, so I want to test it 1 more time.

For my next test, I will play on 3 differents computers simultaneously to test all alignement at the same time. Some alignement are more difficult to play with (Chaos and Might), so I did some balance modifications.

I want to add something new too: Right now, there is some spell that you can't find before the last part of the map (end of the game) like Vampiric touch. Because of the bug with the scrolls and parchments I can't give a scroll of Vampiric touch because it's impossible to remove it after a fight (I mean, you can't be sure that you remove the right scroll). My first idea was to give a scroll of Vampiric touch, and remove it at the end of any big combat (so you can use it only once for a big fight). So the player could keep this scroll on the side and use it for 1 difficult battle..... but there si no way to bypass the bug with scroll (except if you put a gate and prevent the player to pass the gate with a scroll and then give the scroll of Vampiric for a particular fight....and then remove it.....)

So I had a genius idea recently. Use the Tome of Death instead!!!! There is no bug with Tomes.

So I want to had few quest to give Tome of Death (Vampiric touch) but I will need to remove this artifact after any big battle with a script (lots of work...). Maybe the same thing for other Tomes, I'm not sure..... and maybe an other quest if you bring back 1 Tome of each alignement (you don't use it) for some special bonus.

1 more things that I want to add is more priest tower to get informations about secrets on this map. There is so many secret passage and hide artifact that the palyers may have some difficulties to progress without more help.... I'm already working on this problem.

The story line need some more love too.

So, this map will be ready later this year.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 29 Feb 2016, 16:21

Well looking much forward to it :)
Ps. I send you a pm.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”