Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.

Which theme suits best its faction?

Academy - The Wizards Waltz
No votes
Haven - For Green Falls
25%
Sylvan - The Elven Coronation
25%
Necropolis - Mystos Mountains
25%
Stronghold - The Journeyman's Encounter
No votes
Dungeon - Blades of Madness
25%

Total votes: 4

Pol
Admin
Admin

Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jan 2015, 20:31

Welcome in Sound Council, for these of us who insist on the best music.

Although not all music themes were released on Sound Cloud, you may vote for the ones which were right now. New options will be added and for final voting we will open a new poll. So far, The Wizards Waltz, For Green Falls, The Elven Coronation, Mystos Mountains, The Journeyman's Encounter, Blades of Madness.

But what matters the most is not the voting itself but your opinion. What do you think about music in MM:H7?

Topic is not closed neither complete, we are awaiting Dungeon Theme, Ubi gave us a little more time. :D
With complete plethora of Abyss creatures, Dungeon was now added.

MM:Heroes Soundcloud
Last edited by Pol on 31 Mar 2015, 10:38, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 25 Jan 2015, 22:02

Since H3, Academy always gets the most beautiful melodies and it's no different for H7. Even H2 Academy was incredible, but there were others in H2 I liked more. Academy also tends to get more instrumental tracks without vocals.

I'll hold off vote until more themes are released.

EDIT: I actually don't recall any of the music in H6. I was not impressed by it except for the H2 arrangement of grasslands and I think the original was better. H5 also wasn't that great except for Academy and Haven. Here's hoping H7 will surpass H2 and H4 ost. :beg:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jan 2015, 12:52

H6 had some recycled songs from older H games. One new song I like was Haven one...and that's all I remember. ^^

I actually feel like Haven is suitable between all of those. Academy is fair and beautiful, but I cannot associate waltz with that theme, and the Sylvan simply looks like it could be themed as Academy.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby crislevin » 26 Jan 2015, 17:59

I always find Nature faction's music beautiful. Rampart, Preserve, Sylvan, Sanctuary have all been great. In H5 and H6, they are so much better than other factions' IMHO.

For H7, it seems so far, all three factions theme are as good as each other, so the parity returns after H3.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 29 Jan 2015, 11:03

They all sound rather bad ... or at least not to my tastes :(
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 29 Jan 2015, 16:12

Banedon wrote:They all sound rather bad ... or at least not to my tastes :(
Exactly what I think too.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Feb 2015, 15:16

Necropolis theme was also announced today. It is, by far, the most suitable of all available if, and only if, we still had a Gothic Looking Necropolis. This Spider-crazy one ... I don't know if there would have any songs suitable to that.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 21 Feb 2015, 05:11

The song is fitting for them for sure, but I don't think it's the best sounding one as far as melodies go. I'm glad that the quality of the music sounds like it is a huge step up on H5 & H6. If the quality continues like this, I will praise it in the same vein as H2 & H4.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Feb 2015, 12:09

Banedon wrote:They all sound rather bad ... or at least not to my tastes :(
I concur, the Sylvan one is the only one I don't hate (much)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 25 Feb 2015, 01:50

Can't we update the necro theme?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Feb 2015, 19:08

Ayk.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Feb 2015, 19:18

Can people re-vote too? :D

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 25 Feb 2015, 19:24

Yeah, voting should not have been active until all themes released. I haven't voted yet. :proud: The necro theme has really grown on me and I think it's my favorite so far. This game needs more opera. H5&6 did not have very much opera and I hope that changes. Also, the style of singing from H2&4 is a bit different in H6. Not sure which style I prefer, but probably the oldies.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Feb 2015, 21:09

@Panda Tar
@mr.hackcrag

New options will be added and for final voting we will open a new poll.
:)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Feb 2015, 21:30

Simply SQUEE. :)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 25 Feb 2015, 21:36

Necromancer theme sounds too lively and not ominous enaugh , I could imagine dancing fast valtz under that rather than deprresed ominous music. Then again it reminds me theme from tv series for master and margarita for devils ball. So in that way it's sort of fitting.
From presented I am split between haven and elven.
Wizard is too slow at the beginning, and like phone ringtone start is most important part of town theme, with which town will associate.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 25 Feb 2015, 23:37

Nah, necro is rightly filled with melancholy despite having fast parts. It kind of reminds me of the H2 ones in instrumental style. I think the vocals could be mixed to be louder as it seems they subdued them and weakened the overall effect.

I agree, the monk chants at the beginning of wizard don't really agree with the lovely melody that follows and combined with them incorporating the H5 themes in the music (which I never liked) stopped it from being the best one so far.

Haven and Sylvan aren't really doing anything for me.

1. Necro
2. Wizard
3&4. Don't care yet.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 27 Feb 2015, 23:43

The Necropolis theme has a nice H2 vibe. I like that one the most so far. Still, it's not great.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 28 Feb 2015, 00:35

It would seem like I like the necropolis theme the most, the problem is just that it's not really fitting the theme of a deathly, somber atmosphere with it being all upbeat and all.
Or am I just mysteriously spoiled by all the other shit I listen to? Hm.

I mean god damn, it's the land of the living dead and their puppet masters. That's pretty dark.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Mar 2015, 20:32

Stronghold theme has a strong composition and an awesome ending, but I'm not that excited about the melody and it ranks low on best town theme tier.

Return to “Heroes VII”