Eagle's nest (HOMM4)-Can't pass through the 10 quests

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Eagle's nest (HOMM4)-Can't pass through the 10 quests

Unread postby slimoli » 03 Jan 2007, 05:08

I have already found the 10 required itens but the quest hut on the Quest Island still tells me that I have some work to do. Did anybody play this map and know why?

Thanks

Sergio

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 03 Jan 2007, 10:39

If you could remind me which map it is, I might be able to help you.

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 04 Jan 2007, 06:59

Eagle's nest is a XL single map, thanks.

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 04 Jan 2007, 18:53

I can't help you then, I thought it was a campaign scenario or something. I didn't play it if it isn't. Sorry.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 15 Feb 2015, 13:33

After a few years playing other games I came back to HOMM IV which is my favorite HOMM, can't say why, just is.

I downloaded this map and am experiencing the same problem outlined above. I have played twice to this point and can go no further. I have searched for a hint or posting without success.

If anyone, with a loooong memory can help, I'd appreciate it!

Ed RI, USA

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 16 Feb 2015, 05:29

Ed Robinson wrote:After a few years playing other games I came back to HOMM IV which is my favorite HOMM, can't say why, just is.

I downloaded this map and am experiencing the same problem outlined above. I have played twice to this point and can go no further. I have searched for a hint or posting without success.

If anyone, with a loooong memory can help, I'd appreciate it!

Ed RI, USA
I would open the map in the editor and look at the scripting in the quest hut. I haven't played this, so unfortunately I can't contribute more than that.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 16 Feb 2015, 14:46

I have never used the editor but spent some time looking around in it as this map is really worth the effort. I found in the object properties that 3 of the 10 items needed were misspelled or spelled differently than the artifacts list.
I then edited them and saved the file. I am still getting the same message at the quest hut.

I did note that I was unable to delete the misspelled item from the selection list of variable items but it did include the corrected items. Also, the corrected items appear in the script window.

Hard to believe that with 14000 plus downloads and a cumulative rating on 8.1 that I am only the second player with this problem!

Am I doing something wrong here???

Thanks for your reply...

Namerutan
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Namerutan » 17 Feb 2015, 00:04

Ed Robinson wrote:I have never used the editor but spent some time looking around in it as this map is really worth the effort. I found in the object properties that 3 of the 10 items needed were misspelled or spelled differently than the artifacts list.
I then edited them and saved the file. I am still getting the same message at the quest hut.

I did note that I was unable to delete the misspelled item from the selection list of variable items but it did include the corrected items. Also, the corrected items appear in the script window.

Hard to believe that with 14000 plus downloads and a cumulative rating on 8.1 that I am only the second player with this problem!

Am I doing something wrong here???

Thanks for your reply...
What that script checks is not the artifacts names, but several variables (values stored in memory), which has been set by the quest huts and placed events when you visited matching the right requirements (be certain hero, own certain artifact, be certain level...).
So I guess even if you own all 10 artifacts surely you still have some quest to complete to "activate" the corresponding variables. Check all the 8 quests huts and 2 locations to see if you already completed all 10 in that locations:

Thunderhammer (Homelands Island 186,37,2)
Emerald Longbow (Outlands 162,67,2)
Adamantine Shield (Dead Tree Quest 154,24,1 Placed event, no quest hut)
Lion's Shield of Courage (Wet Socks Island 229,97,2)
Soulstealer (Island of the Dead 70,217,2)
Bull Rune Battleaxe (Angel's Desert 281,150,1)
Seaman's Hat (Angel's Desert 274,144,1)
Adamantine Armor (Naxpan Island 134,133,1 Placed event, no quest hut)
Scale Mail of Strength (Naxpan Caves 126,126,2)
Horned Bow (Tuqes Island 197,67,1)

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 18 Feb 2015, 12:53

I hate reading unresolved messages and so I just wanted to say that I rechecked both saved games that wouldn't progress past the Quest Island Hut. All of the locations stated that the quest was completed. I even reloaded the two saves and revisited the locations and got a completed message.

Because the map had been so enjoyable to that point, I restarted for a third time and this time the quest completed. I have no idea why, but am happy that I didn't give up on the map.

Thanks to those who answered my posting!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”