H7 Necropolis Town Screen

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Feb 2015, 15:06

The Necropolis town screen, as released on the <a href="/http://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/t ... ">official blog</a>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=971
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 05 Feb 2015, 16:09

Coming soon:

Spider Elves! (with upgrade version having bigger pauldrons and boob armor).
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 05 Feb 2015, 20:15

How is boob armor an upgrade? An upgrade should be LESS armor or the target audience wouldn't be getting it.

"In order to enhance their prowess in battle, the blood sisters took off their armor in favor of a magical, semi-translucent weave that offered both greater protection and unparalleled agility."
Infiltrator out.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Feb 2015, 21:27

What bothers me the most is the general "defaultness" of these town screens, similar to those of Heroes 4.

Other things I also don't fancy, but right now I've got a headache and I cannot think on bad things too often.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Feb 2015, 21:55

They try... but they try the same stuff over and over again.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Feb 2015, 13:09

Are we saying here that the Spiky, Green Death of Poison a la Heroes V is the preferred model?
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Feb 2015, 13:33

Marzhin explained there that this is the time of this spider cult in MM timeline, so this theme focused on spiders. There's a commotion at the council of people that really don't like this - many even support spiders wandering about, but even them think that they overdid a bit this focus. And it's likely that all this spider tosh is not returning the next game, not that strong, at least.

I don't mind spiders in line ups, specially given that they are replacing units I rarely hired such as the zombies.

What bothers me in visual design, given that we know little about mechanics yet, is the lack of sense, identity and creativity. And it comes since H5.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 06 Feb 2015, 15:40

I liked H5. But it was the first, so it passes. Then the things just started falling trough.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Feb 2015, 15:54

Speaking of TS, H5 had unique ambiance for each one, although useless 3D as it could be. And the idea of city-town-kingdom was present. You felt like owning something more than an advanced military camp, which is what H6 and H7 are looking like. H5, imho, had the perfect feeling brought in those town screens. I simply didn't see a use for 3D back then (or now), even when I liked it in first impression.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 06 Feb 2015, 19:24

Although I have been pretty critical of Ubisoft and HVI, I really have nothing to complain about for the town screens. In fact I'm quite happy with them.

Well done Ubisoft; at least I have no complaints about this!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Feb 2015, 20:45

(starts to look for flying piglets) ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Feb 2015, 21:02

:lolu:

I was kinda surprised, really.
:thinking:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 07 Feb 2015, 00:40

We only have flying smile girls: :angel:

http://postimg.org/image/hvhbjmuib/

It's not too shabby like this, except the Vishnu statue doesn't match the Egypt mausoleum influence.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 09 Feb 2015, 00:02

Why not just create a brand new spider faction? Or at least add a special spider creature with the ability to wrap the dead in cocoons so they can be preserved to be raised as undead.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Feb 2015, 08:44

Spider ability --> cocoon silk wrap (stun 2 turns) :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Feb 2015, 12:56

150 mana cost. :creative:

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 16 Feb 2015, 22:45

Hey Ubisoft, Wizards called, they said just because you put their drow and spider goddess themes in two different towns, doesn't mean you were not stealing their IP...

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 16 Feb 2015, 22:47

"Although I have been pretty critical of Ubisoft and HVI, I really have nothing to complain about for the town screens."

-Well, I HAVE! It's bloody 2015. How come Ubi is too lazy to give us proper animated 3D townscreens? or the costs in HOMMV were too high? IN HOMMVI, we know the reason was that they rushed the game and the developer could not produce them, hence the artwork... but come on! Move with the times! Even Age of Wonders III shows buildings you have built on the strategic map, even.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Feb 2015, 20:04

Hilarious fan-made video about H7 necropolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky62krnnZL4

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 21 Feb 2015, 20:18

For some odd reason fact that there are undead spiders in king bounty remake, isnt bothering people.
In heroes 6 there already fate spinners that are basically spider assiocated creatures , that are arguably undead, so I dont see reason for all the spider fuss people are making here,

Return to “Screenshots”