Combat Maps

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Combat Maps

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Feb 2015, 19:31

One of the new images here.

I find this one confusing. Where is the battle going to happen? Down there it looks like farms, as if the landscape is far, far away. Devs said that there were examples in the screenshots regarding small, medium and large combat maps.

I wonder how large they are or if the battle will only happen on this cliff side and the bottom is just eye-candy. Given that there are no units in that shot, we cannot really be sure.

Also, they said there would have Flanking attacks. It's an interesting addition to the game. Hope they won't screw with it while implementing the concept.

P.S.: and cabirs are simply huge. Strikes odd being simple core units and I'm sure they won't be durable, given that they can restore mechanical units back to new.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Feb 2015, 19:53

Yeah, I think the battle is on the platau, with the valley being 'eye candy'.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Feb 2015, 20:34

Inspired by King's Bounty? :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 02 Feb 2015, 20:44

I still don't like that they use a square-grid.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 Feb 2015, 01:32

I'd like to be able to thrust units off the cliff with knockback skills. :devious:
Panda Tar wrote:

Also, they said there would have Flanking attacks. It's an interesting addition to the game. Hope they won't screw with it while implementing the concept.
It's probably similar to the online homm and not too imaginative. I would hope that after a decade the combat system would evolve more. :(

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Feb 2015, 04:20

They added Tactics positioning to every hero (it seems it'll always be available?). Also, flanking attacks, such as differences in damage, as it seems. Many questions appear as these systems are adjusted. Other topics are presented in the new article, here.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Mar 2015, 07:07

It says there are war cries available. I don't get it; the gimmick of barbs are that they don't use magic, but designers decide to essentially give them magic that is not called magic. ;|

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Mar 2015, 12:03

Yes. Pretty much expecting some warcries having even the same effect of some mass spells.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 23 Mar 2015, 00:40

mr.hackcrag wrote:It says there are war cries available. I don't get it; the gimmick of barbs are that they don't use magic, but designers decide to essentially give them magic that is not called magic. ;|
Don't get me started on that stupidness... in VI too, they basically gave might heroes the same spells as magic heroes, except they cost no mana, do the same thing, and recharge over time. So... basically might heroes can cast spells for free. :disagree:

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 23 Mar 2015, 07:39

Well, let's hope it's not going to be shit.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Mar 2015, 14:08

There are so many things to hope for this thing that we'll have to start borrowing hope from other places and topics.

Return to “Heroes VII”