Random Map Generator

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Random Map Generator

Unread postby saugeen123 » 27 Jan 2015, 20:19

Does anyone know if there is going to be a random map generator included in Heroes 7?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jan 2015, 21:49

It wasn't announced. At this moment it's more like ..and will be here campaign editor?

Still, it's too early to say anything for sure.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 28 Jan 2015, 02:48

Having a RMG is better than not having one, but let's be honest, the random generators didn't really produce that great maps.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Random Map Generator

Unread postby saugeen123 » 28 Jan 2015, 11:26

I like a RMG becauise increases the re-play ability. I used the rmg in heroes 3 and 5 a lot. Plus I don't know how to create a map. I don't know any programing ability

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Jan 2015, 12:18

They needed more options to tweak. I'm a building/defensive sort of player in general. I do like to have a walk around to explore and do 'map-things' before encountering other players and I hated those random maps where you'd bump into an enemy after a week.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 28 Jan 2015, 14:23

Well, if the mapeditor will be any better then the last one, you probably going to have loads of maps to play. RMG maps tend to be rather bland.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Ermelloth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ermelloth » 31 Jan 2015, 12:55

I will simply not buy any Ubisoft Heroes' game w/o RMG.

The editors like in Heroes6 are probably intended for programmers. For someone who is not a programmer this kind of editor is a huge pain in the... .

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Feb 2015, 12:58

H6 was a huge mistake, simply put. I prefer playing tetris pressing buttons by coughing peas from my ass than playing that game.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 Feb 2015, 15:05

Ermelloth wrote:I will simply not buy any Ubisoft Heroes' game w/o RMG.

The editors like in Heroes6 are probably intended for programmers. For someone who is not a programmer this kind of editor is a huge pain in the... .
Most of us have a it must have this or I will not buy list; even if only one item is on it. :) For me it is a user friendly campaign editor similar in ease to the H-IV editor. UBI was simply clueless what the fan base was expecting when developing the editors for H-5, 6. Be warned an RMG will not save H-7 if the game is not any good. As mentioned an RMG rarely produces a quality map.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Feb 2015, 15:51

Yeah, we need an RMG for the casual players, but mostly a good editor that enables fans to make a good selection of user-made maps. This will increase the shelf life of the game.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Feb 2015, 16:16

I downloaded some H3 and H4 maps last month to play for the first time. The top rating ones, mainly. Some are truly nice. Pity there are none for H2, is there?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Feb 2015, 17:17

"Do we have H2 maps?"

"Do we have H2 maps?!" 8|

Abso-fragging-lutely, dammit! :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Feb 2015, 17:24

The Hell ... dunno why I couldn't find it. :|

Thank you, Kalah. :hail:

I loved Genies back in Heroes 2. :D H2 had some nasty creature abilities, now that I recall. Ghosts were simply overwhelming against peasants.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 07 Feb 2015, 12:41

Am I wrong, or have I not read somewhere on the official site, that they plan on a user-friendly editor? The importance of it being userfriendly seemed to weight heavily..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Feb 2015, 12:45

They said it was an important feature, yes. They didn't said, still, is anything on this RMG matter.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 09 Feb 2015, 15:47

Sorry you re right.
Guess i mistook the rmg for the editor, my bad.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 10 Feb 2015, 13:22

Karmakeld wrote:Am I wrong, or have I not read somewhere on the official site, that they plan on a user-friendly editor? The importance of it being userfriendly seemed to weight heavily..
Userfriendly, but with the possibility to use more "adnaced" settings/triggers/properties.

"Easy to use, hard to master" :)
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Return to “Heroes VII”