H7 Grim Rider

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H7 Grim Rider

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jan 2015, 16:29

The Necropolis champion unit Grim Rider or Grim Reaper, or whatever they wanna call it. To me, it looks like a Nazgul with a big scythe. In other words pretty cool.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=967
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jan 2015, 17:43

This one is the only unit I think wasn't dreadful in their conception, although I do bother with glowing all about his horse, all that armor on the reaper and the non-undead aura about the whole idea.

I would rather have it wearing the same stuff as a Nazgûl (the ragged cloak covering most of all, and turning off all the Christmas light they forgot etched in that mount.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 26 Jan 2015, 22:09

I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's the H5 wraith with a mount or H5 necro hero model. :snore: Even stranger are the people who also want the death knight to be in faction - it's the same unit people (+/- a bucket). ;|

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Jan 2015, 14:09

What, people want dread knights and reaper knights in the same line up now?

Oh, boy. :drama:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

H7 Grim Rider

Unread postby Romanov77 » 29 Jan 2015, 11:14

Pauldrons. I see pauldrons.
Edited on Thu, Jan 29 2015, 06:14 by Romanov77
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

H7 Grim Rider

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 31 Jan 2015, 12:56

Looks like something taken from a Saint Seya toyline. Sigh.

I miss the days when the Undead actually were about effectiveness in death-dealing, and not trying to be stylish with their uniform green or purple lighting effects.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

H7 Grim Rider

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 31 Jan 2015, 12:58

MrHackcrag- yeah, and I never liked the Wraith, either. It's silly and over-the-top to basically add the Grim Reaper as a simple unit in your line-up. The HOMM3 Wraiths were so much more eerie by being skeletal things covered in tattered cloaks. The design flaws began in HOMMV already, when everything became a weird amalgam of Warhammer and Warcraft style.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Feb 2015, 12:51

H4 was terrible when it came to visual unit design. Ghosts holding their heads, a dragon with bulldog legs, that medusa which we couldn't look in the eye because the photo was so damn ugly, and the names ... the NAMES! It was as if you could hire a dead undead ghoul at any moment, after seeing that frenzied gnasher, or perhaps an evil devil (which was a cross of a bat-winged skeleton with tomato and a vessel anchor).

Return to “Screenshots”