Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Nov 2014, 14:01

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Nov 2014, 10:33

Going to the Top Gear Live show today. Of course, I'm wearing my "I am an the Stig" T-shirt. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Nov 2014, 23:23

And here's the video. :)

http://youtu.be/BYoUsIYYTlE
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Dec 2014, 18:13

Happy Saint Nicholas (Mikuláš) Day to everyone. Don't forget to suprise your kids with sock full of healthy sweetness.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Nicholas_Day

:D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Dec 2014, 15:16

So, i played PnP D&D for the first time 2 weeks ago, and session number two is next saturday... damn, did time fly while playing, it was almost midnight before i knew it, and we only did the first cave from the 5th Ed. Starter Set adventure...

Now i wish i had actually joined some local groups back when i was in uni and was thinking of trying it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Dec 2014, 16:57

Going watching The Hobbit tonight. :hoo:

To watch characters DIE finally, and say goodbye to Middle Earth. :cry:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Dec 2014, 15:28

Just got the most awesome text from a friend of mine. Context first: I'm known to be a bit of a know-it-all, particularly about scholarly matters - I even helped her out with her bachelor thesis. So my friend said she had asked Siri a question about pronounciation, and what was Siri's response? She caused the phone to call me. :loll:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Jan 2015, 21:26

Spurs - Chelsea 5-3

*dancing around the room* :applause:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jan 2015, 18:46

Workout today was good - worked my lower back pretty good and now there's no more back pain. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jan 2015, 19:17

Do you usually have these pains?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jan 2015, 20:55

Some times. But it's probably from lack of activity, being stuck behind a desk all day.

The knee pains are worse (I have runner's knee in both knees, as well as inflammation in the heels and shins), but I'm working on that too by doing squats with free weights to strengthen the leg muscles.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jan 2015, 21:13

Well, fortifying auxiliary muscles is usually a good way to help joints whenever they are fragile, achy or damaged, of course, being cautious regarding density and volume of training of those areas.

Squats are very good to prevent injuries and to fortify your lower back, by using your hip to power the movement. Whenever performing squats, do not look to your front (up to the mirror, I mean). Keep your head following the line of your back. You'll be mostly looking to the ground in front of you. This prevents injuries on the back of your neck that can happen for any mis-position of the bar, any involuntary twitch or else. And avoid using that belt too. Belts can have a purpose when doing really heavy sets, and you are concerned you could snap something. If that's not the case, it'll hinder proper blood flow, oxygenation and won't allow auxiliary muscles to fortify as they should while not using a belt. If you happen to use the belt, when you finish the set, take it off asap to let blood flow back and help heal, also so your lunges stop being compressed by it and you can breathe normally again.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Jan 2015, 00:03

I'm already doing it the way you describe and it's nice to have a training expert say I'm doing it correctly. :-)

Frankly, the squats are easy. Using an incorrect technique, I tired very quickly and also didn't manage much weight. It was easy to find out what was the better technique from this. Now I'm doing sets of 15 reps with 90 kg - I don't think I want to go much higher, I'd rather just increase the number of sets.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Jan 2015, 14:26

It's me or The Heroes Round Table have some problems with loading pages lately?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Jan 2015, 14:34

Goody. :D

Something you might want to try, if you are not willing to increase weight for now, is adding an advanced technique.

Some you may already know of: drop sets, rest-pause sets, neuromuscular exhaustion etc. One I would suggest you is, the two last sets you're performing, you hold on the squatted position for a couple of seconds before lifting. You'll start squatting, taking something like 2-3 seconds to reach bottom position and, instead of bursting back up, you'll hold there for 2-3 seconds, then you'll take 1-2 seconds to get back up. Rest-pause is also something you can consider: finish your last set, then rest for 10 seconds and perform another set with the same weight, the max number of repetitions you can.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Jan 2015, 14:41

Avonu wrote:It's me or The Heroes Round Table have some problems with loading pages lately?
Here, also. But there are other websites with the same slow response, so I don't know what's happening. ^^

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Cold turkey got me on the run

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Feb 2015, 13:46

Terrible 7 days of suffering are finally over as I went "Cold Turkey" on Venlafaxine in order to regain my life from the dope. All I can say is that the drug's withdrawal symptoms made it feel as if it was Heroine that I'd taken.

Here's a real masterpiece by John Lennon. The song's called Cold Turkey.

COLD TURKEY

"Temperature's rising
Fever is high
Can't see no future
Can't see no sky

My feet are so heavy
So is my head
I wish I was a baby
I wish I was dead

Cold turkey has got me on the run

My body is aching
Goose-pimple bone
Can't see no body
Leave me alone

My eyes are wide open
Can't get to sleep
One thing I'm sure of
I'm in at the deep freeze

Thirty-six hours
Rolling in pain
Praying to someone
Free me again

Oh I'll be a good boy
Please make me well
I promise you anything
Get me out of this hell

Oh, oh, oh, oh"

Listen to the song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vxL-kHUqaA

Cheers,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Feb 2015, 17:27

I'm going to be uncle again!

7th time, actually, but hell yeah! :-D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2015, 23:33

Congrats. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Feb 2015, 12:18

Thanks! :D

Return to “Campfire”