Heroes III HD

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes III HD

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Dec 2014, 14:04

Info keeps coming about the new incarnation of <i>Heroes III</i>: it is being made compatible with tablets, downloadable from both Google play and the iTunes App store as well as Steam. The images shown so far indicates a successful threefold enlargement for viewing on bigger screens, rendering the "HD" feel whilst keeping the mechanics of the game unmolested.

To stay informed about the development process, we recommend you keep tabs on our news page and <a target="_blank" href="/http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe ... ubi.com</a>, possibly even the official <a target="_blank" href="/https://www.facebook.com/MightandMagic? ... ">facebook page</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=963
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III HD

Unread postby DanTanna » 28 Dec 2014, 19:12

Some of those warrior ladies look better in low definition

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Heroes III HD

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 28 Dec 2014, 19:18

Meh, big deal.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Dec 2014, 23:42

In some ways it is a big deal; if H3 HD succeeds in bringing more players to play H3 by use of the easy-accessible tablets, it could mean more players gaining an interest in the series as a whole. This could mean increased sales of the other games, notably H7, and an increased focus from Ubisoft on the main pillars of the franchise as a result.

Of course, all I just said is just words. ;) If the projects ends up delivering a faulty product, the communities will overflow with hatred at the "sacrilege" of mangling one of the best-loved games in the series.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Heroes III HD

Unread postby cjlee » 30 Dec 2014, 14:00

I really hope they won't just stick with the original offerings, but offer new maps and campaigns. They can definitely sell that at 1/2 the price of the original game, and I would buy at the speed I can pull out my credit card.

Not to sound like some conservative old fogey, but sometimes a tried and true model can make serious money if you are willing to invest the money and effort to rejuvenate it.

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III HD

Unread postby Ironmallet » 30 Dec 2014, 18:33

Looking fairly solid so far.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 30 Dec 2014, 19:13

I have played a lot with the fan-made HD mod and with a few exceptions love the additional UI functions and the fact that adventure map is not zoomed in. I actually see much larger portion of map on the screen, which from the strategist point of view is great. If this official HD mode will just "wax pixels" and scales everything to larger displays I am not really interested. Maybe if they would allow simpler graphic modding tools than current methods or something else in these line, but I would't buy solely because of graphics.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Heroes III HD

Unread postby theGryphon » 31 Dec 2014, 03:48

To me "HD" means support for high resolution displays, at least up to 4K, by providing a better FOV... you know, actually utilizing the pixel assets. If they can do that, it can be a game changer. Without it, it's meh. I'd personally buy it still, but it would have little to no effect on the franchise...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes III HD

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 31 Jan 2015, 13:01

Pretty neat! Can't wait to try this out. Still angry they could not make this work on XP though.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes III HD

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 31 Jan 2015, 13:03

Kalah - True! That's why I bought it even though I cannot play with it. Maybe HOMM3 will make people see that the Heroes franchise can be good, unlike what VI was and what most likely VII will be. Maybe we can finally kick Ubisoft enough that they admit they don't know what they are doing and they rehire Jon Von Caneghem and others from the old 3DO team. They must be still around.

Return to “Screenshots”