mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Oct 2014, 12:48

TheAnyKey wrote:... but I still keep getting loads of levels and stuff from killing countless dragons in Wromthrax's cave. It's just too tempting.
Never tried this one though.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 24 Oct 2014, 17:41

Xfing wrote:Too bad the level cap is 200 though... but I've been unable to reach it in unmodded, vanilla MM7 with any party so far. I finish the game around level 70, and then I gain like 1 level per each Arena Lord-level fight. This kinda sucks. Cleaning out Eeofol is even better for experience. But then again, I only ever put 10 points into Learning, though sometimes I use Instructor hirelings.

Right now I have a party with no one being able to even learn ID Item, so a Scholar hireling comes in most handy (unlimited ID + 5% experience bonus).
I don't know where you get that level cap from. It is true for MM8, there the cap is level 200. Eofol? Do you mean the Land of the Giants? I use scholars usually just for Wromthrax's cave. Beyond that I take the extra 5% xp from the teacher. I think it's actually 5 points on Learning, so it should get multiplied with the higher ranks on Learning.
Panda Tar wrote:Never tried this one though.
Yes, it's pretty neat to get loads of everything, including xp. It gets repetitive quickly though. Which makes it easier to overcome the greed at some point, kill Wromthrax and move on with the story. ;)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Oct 2014, 12:01

TheAnyKey wrote:
I don't know where you get that level cap from. It is true for MM8, there the cap is level 200.
Try for yourself and see, you can't train past level 200 anywhere.
Eofol? Do you mean the Land of the Giants?
Yes, which is a part of Eeofol.
I use scholars usually just for Wromthrax's cave. Beyond that I take the extra 5% xp from the teacher. I think it's actually 5 points on Learning, so it should get multiplied with the higher ranks on Learning.
Actually, Scholars give +5 to Learning, Teachers give +10 and Instructors give +15.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 25 Oct 2014, 12:10

Xfing wrote:
TheAnyKey wrote:
I don't know where you get that level cap from. It is true for MM8, there the cap is level 200.
Try for yourself and see, you can't train past level 200 anywhere.
Eofol? Do you mean the Land of the Giants?
Yes, which is a part of Eeofol.
I use scholars usually just for Wromthrax's cave. Beyond that I take the extra 5% xp from the teacher. I think it's actually 5 points on Learning, so it should get multiplied with the higher ranks on Learning.
Actually, Scholars give +5 to Learning, Teachers give +10 and Instructors give +15.
You can train past 200 in Nighon. Extra 5 on Learning is meant in the context of using a teacher + an instructor instead of an instructor + a scholar. The Land of the Giants need time to reset. You can clear it only every so often. In the meantime, there is the arena.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Oct 2014, 20:52

Hmmm... if it's really possible to go past 200 in Nighon then it's awesome! I wouldn't know, though - like 100 is as far as I've ever come in vanilla MM7. Playing with an increased spawn mod now, this should make things much easier.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 26 Oct 2014, 05:03

Ive never even gotten close to 200.... you people have no life :tongue:
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 26 Oct 2014, 06:39

the beavers1 wrote:Ive never even gotten close to 200.... you people have no life :tongue:
True. But also, it's just that a life without dragons, giants and griffins sometimes seems a little bland in comparison. ;)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Oct 2014, 21:17

I'm always at around level 70 when I finish a vanilla game. Learning is supposed to compensate for the fact that frail characters will supposedly spend more time unconscious, but in practice you can keep everyone conscious quite easily, and then discrepancies become clear.

Would probably have been slightly higher if I cleaned out some areas I usually skip, such as Castle Gryphonheart. Plenty of those mean swordsmen there, loads of experience.

But with an increased spawn mod I'll totally be at like 130 when I'm done with the game. Yay.

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 26 Oct 2014, 22:46

Gaining levels is really easy in some of the MM games.

MM6: Clear hermit's isle, dragonsands and paradise valley with armageddons (Monsters only heal when you leave the map, so spam armageddon, rest spam more), blasters and shrap metal....takes perhaps 15 minuttes per zone. Then wipe out a town and go to jail. Repeat.

MM7: Abuse the well in eofol.

MM8: The land on the other side of Escaton's crystal gives mad experience, the dragon/crusader map is also great for armageddon.

I rarely bother grinding in these games though.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Oct 2014, 00:12

Armageddon doesn't really work in MM6, though. It's just not well implemented in terms of code. Flying enemies resist it outright. It's probably been patched already, though, but I'm not sure.

And as for the wel in Eeofol, abusing it sure is fun, but then you entirely lose your perspective as to how powerful your chars should be at any given level. I mean, you do gain free skill points in addition to experience... I refrain from using that well these days.

Return to “Might and Magic”