Vote for Sylvan Line up

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.

Which Sylvan line up do you want?

Poll ended at 25 Sep 2014, 14:12

Earth's Perfect Balance
56%
Sylanna's Fury
19%
Sylanna's Fury
25%

Total votes: 16

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Vote for Sylvan Line up

Unread postby Rapier » 19 Sep 2014, 14:06

I see there's a new vote for what line up we want to see in Sylvan: (remember to go vote in the real poll!)

In all the line ups you get the Elven Hunter as the first creature.

You also always get the Elven Druid as a tier 2 in every line up.

You always get the Green dragon as a tier 3.

You always get the treant, in two of the lines ups he's a tier 3 and in the in middle choice he's a tier 2.

After that it becomes more complicated and I find it hard to decide how to vote.

You can get "Snakes and pixies" which I kind of like, but that also comes with a new elven unit called an Emerald Knight. But this choice comes with a phoenix in the sylvan line up (which we've only ever had in preserve, which was more like animals with elves added in 4). I really don't want the phoenix as it doesn't fit.

I don't like the idea of the Emerald Knight either really.

To avoid the Emerald knight you can instead get the blade dancer (which is a better fit for the ashan lore of sylvan). You then get pixes and dryads (which I like better than snakes), but instead of the unicorn that I want you end up with Stags - which... well it doesn't make as much sense.

I'd much prefer it to be Unicorns, but to get them you have to also put up with the snakes and the emerald knights. This choice is pretty poor at this point though because the other two choices are at 40% and 39% and this one is only at 21%

I'd love to just have Sylvan's fury, with the stag changed to a Unicorn.

On another note, what do people even think of letting us vote on the line up? I kind of feel like all the options in Sylvan (if they were offered to us separately) are at least okay, where as some of the haven units I'd never have chosen :P
~ Rapier.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 19 Sep 2014, 14:35

Fixed the double strength of the forest.

I voted Sylanna's Fury because I really dislike emerald knights and root snakes. I'd prefer the unicorn over the sun deer though.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2014, 15:02

Voted for balance. I fancied all units but the two emerald ones. If I could choose, I would ditch the dragons, place the treant in its place and ditch the knights placing unicorns (or even the sunset sheep, twilight goat or whatever the name).

But there's also the possibility of having external dwellings of some additional units from that faction. You can't hire in towns, but you can hire them somewhere else nonetheless.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 19 Sep 2014, 17:06

Panda Tar wrote:Voted for balance. I fancied all units but the two emerald ones. If I could choose, I would ditch the dragons, place the treant in its place and ditch the knights placing unicorns (or even the sunset sheep, twilight goat or whatever the name).

But there's also the possibility of having external dwellings of some additional units from that faction. You can't hire in towns, but you can hire them somewhere else nonetheless.
I wish we could have this, and go back to having choices (like in heroes 4) only instead of having choices and a reduced roster, you have a full 7 roster with choices.
~ Rapier.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 02:47

I like choices. Especially interested in seeing how it affects the meta-game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Sep 2014, 13:42

I liked choices as well, having two castles of the same faction, you could choose stacking more units or having a different strategy depending on your enemies, with less numbers. Also didn't bother me not having upgrades in H4. I repeat that the most awesome feeling about upgrades was in H2. Some had, some didn't and those that didn't, we didn't feel they should have.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Sep 2014, 02:15

H2 upgrade style is a popular idea on CH, but it's not meant to be. :(

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 23 Sep 2014, 07:34

I always fancied the idea of being able to upgrade 2/3 units per castle. You can upgrade the first 3 units and rush or upgrade the highest tier units and have a strong lategame. And all sorts of mixes obviously.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Sep 2014, 13:29

I think they should stop making these line-up voting polls. Only make something that's not too important and not bound to be out of control due multi accounts or whatever else they can do these days. Doesn't feel great having a bunch of weirdos deciding everything as their will.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 23 Sep 2014, 16:06

I agree that Ubisoft shouldn't be making these polls (for various reasons). It seems to me that finding out the fans' opinions isn't the main purpose of the polls anway -- first and foremost, they are clever marketing tools to give Heroes fans the impression (or illusion?) of actual creative influence.

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 23 Sep 2014, 16:12

I'm like you my friends, i think they ask maybe too much for the community. It is quite imporant to listen what people have to say about the game, but concerning the core gameplay, let developers do their jobs and listen a little bit players, not only wait for people's vote...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Sep 2014, 16:25

Panda Tar wrote:I think they should stop making these line-up voting polls. Only make something that's not too important and not bound to be out of control due multi accounts or whatever else they can do these days. Doesn't feel great having a bunch of weirdos deciding everything as their will.
And likely cheating. If you look at the recent comments behind the voting poll:
This is nonsense, I'm just going to admit it, this is one of my many 1000s of accounts, I won't say who I've been voting for, but I'm sure you can guess that's why we are so far ahead. But it's not fun anymore. It was funny to see everyone squirm when me and my friends would hit the accounts but now it's just a mess. I hope ubisofts fixes this absolute disaster. Sorry for this mess guys.
I'm sorry as well
its so easy to reset your IP address and create an account. May the best cheaters win!! GOOO

We should call for cancel this manipulated voting.
The problem is that many voting polls can be manipulated by that method and the only method how to avoid it is add condition that only existing users can vote. (And then exclude dead souls.)

The other method is to distribute voting ballots (codes) via some trustworthy party (fun forums). :devious:
Especially if you don't check new registrars via e-mail and confirmation back link. If that is true Ubi..!

And some others much more restrictive methods, like voter's fingerprint. Which nobody would like as practice.

PS Voted (on both places) for EPB. Phoenix is a classic and it's strategically needed for successful Elven setup, more then Unicorn. The strategy need prevailed over the "lore discrepancy".

However my opinion is, that asking fans this sort of predefined questions is signalizing that they don't have clear idea about faction/game image, which is a huge mistake.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 23 Sep 2014, 16:45

Aemaeth wrote:I'm like you my friends, i think they ask maybe too much for the community. It is quite imporant to listen what people have to say about the game, but concerning the core gameplay, let developers do their jobs and listen a little bit players, not only wait for people's vote...
The creation of the game system itself should of course be fully up to the designers and not in any way compromised by polls, social media events or anything of that type.

However, I would have appreciated polls of a much more general or basal nature -- something along the lines of "which of the creatures from previous games would you like to reappear in the Sylvan/Nature faction?". The problem of the current line-up poll is that it has pre-designed packages where you can only vote for yor favourite creatures as part of a fixed arrangement.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Sep 2014, 16:52

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... nformation
We indeed discovered that a small minority of players used exploits and fake accounts to influence the outcome of this vote, voting in mass for their favoured option(s).

(...)

we decided to provide the official results only on September 30th

(...)

Starting next vote, all users will be required to enter a captcha for each vote and only one vote per IP will be allowed.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Sep 2014, 18:06

Good to see the matter was addressed to.

However, I agree with JSE. These polls could involve more general things, nothing too important.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Sep 2014, 03:53

Since they are now hiding percentages until final voting day (as they should have from the start), this thread seems more helpful in gauging public opinion. I voted for balance mainly because of phoenix.

I also agree with JSE's vision of voting. This whole process seems pretty frivolous to me. At least if the game turns out bad, they can now blame it on fans. :devil:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 Sep 2014, 02:36

Went with Earth's Perfect Balance. The other two don't seem to have a reliable frontlining creature until Treants come into play at Champion level. Plus there's a Phoenix. A Phoenix!!

@mr.hackcrag I'm actually able to see the percentages after voting! Not going to post them, but just saying.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 26 Sep 2014, 11:35

Personally I think the argument that Phoenix doesn't fit with sylvan in ashan lore is really strong.

The idea that we should balance the game first and then put the fluff on is completely backwards to me.

I also think that the Sylvans not having an early frontline heavy is okay. I think that will make an interesting high damage playstyle.

I still wish I could have the unicorn instead of the stag.
~ Rapier.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Sep 2014, 17:33

And the GOD DAMN Fury won. :(

Bye phoenixes, hello sunset goat, dusk sheep.

My only consolation is that there's no emerald knight in this line-up.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Sep 2014, 18:01

I'm not really sure if they actually invested the time to deal with the duplicates or just accepted the results as it was. :|

Return to “Heroes VII”