Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 02:40

Kalah wrote:21-39-40 now
I just voted for balance and somehow that made it 22-38-40. :|

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Sep 2014, 09:36

excellent :D
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Sep 2014, 11:47

23-38-39 now.

After the accusation from some fans that the last vote was suspicious (although I don't agree), I have decided to track this poll from beginning to end. Sudden shifts can therefore be seen and interpreted as suspicious if they should occur.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 20 Sep 2014, 15:14

I'd like to ask, would you ever pick Treants as Champion instead of Green Dragon? I mean, you can do the that for the heck of it, but let's be honest and visualize the moment when you're about to pick. Green Dragon with all its charisma will lure you in, you wouldn't be able to resist. So, if Fury or Strength wins, Treants will be out in most games, because they're gonna lose to Green Dragon. In Balance, you can have Treants in any game, and you get to pick between a strong walker and a resistant flier. Now that's a choice to make you scratch your head. That's the kind of choice we need. Something to really think on and strategize. Not an obvious choice like Green Dragon vs Treant. I know most would've liked to see Unicorns, but among the given options Balance is just the best.

Edit: Corrected. Phoenix --> Treant
Edited on Sat, Sep 20 2014, 14:28 by theGryphon
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Sep 2014, 17:04

@theGryphon

Try King's Bounty, you would see uberpowerful Treant, which can be turned to Dragons Killer or Death Knights destroyer. It's all about how you create the unit.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 17:59

@Gryphon

Beauty Pageant of Might and Magic. ;)

I always imagined dryads taking the role of treants and looking like a plant/girl monster from castlevania.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010 ... eed-1-.gif

or mario 8|

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs17/i/2007/ ... a_maru.jpg

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 20 Sep 2014, 18:38

@Pol

We know that's not gonna happen with Treant. It's gonna be the good-old Treant with entangling ability and Dryad support. Sure, Champion level hit points and stats. But boring as Hell. Treant is not Champion material. And that Core+Champion combo just sucks, dryad being useless unless you pick Treant, AND till late game.

Seriously, with what do you intend to conquer the map till late game, and with frail creatures (no Tank in Core and Elite), how do you intend to survive till late game? I can't imagine Fury line-up posing any challenge against Academy (magic) or Orcs (might). Any other faction would wipe the map with them. Stupid kids are voting for Fury without thinking tactics, and ruining the faction. What I don't understand is, how come Limbic even thought Fury would be a viable option. It's not even guerrilla tactics what Fury can offer, it's rush offense, like Orcs.

If Fury wins, I know I'll hate playing Sylvan and I'll delight in killing them which will be a child's play.

I'm starting to think a mass of people is sabotaging the vote because they lost in the previous vote. Idk, it just comes to mind...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 20:13

I don't think we have to over-react. It's hard to believe that there is going to be a drastic difference between how the faction plays simply by swapping one or two units. Maybe they just want players to believe they are making a real difference. :devil:

To me, it's mostly an esthetic choice. If I could choose my own line-up based on all units presented, it would be:

Hunter, Pixy, Dryad
Unicorn, Deer, Treant
Phoenix, Dragon

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 21 Sep 2014, 12:03

The dryad+treant is a bad idea. Either it will be overpowered or the treant will be weak without the dryad. That is, if the treant is on par with other champion creatures, taking out the dryads will make it weak.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Sep 2014, 20:36

24-37-39.
Guys, stop voting for the first option, it's a lost cause. Get your votes in for the other two! :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 21 Sep 2014, 21:13

Someone here wrote you could change your vote any time, so it's still possible for there to be exodus from one option to another if that's true.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Sep 2014, 13:57

25-35-40

Oh, god, why. :(
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Sep 2014, 02:12

28-31-41

Strength is making a late game rally for 2nd place, but the number shift seems unusual.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Sep 2014, 19:35

Info about the voting cheats has just been released.

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 23 Sep 2014, 22:26

I don't like all that voting Stuff. Decisions should be made by Gamedesigners according to what is best overall solution for the game, not according to the like and dislike of the fans which have way to less info to see the effects of their decisions on the game as a whole. Having said that, I do enjoy the DevStreams for StarDocks GC3. Much more better way in my opinion to interest fans for a game.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 24 Sep 2014, 00:29

@Kalah:

Just when I was about to say that the changes in voting seemed quite unnatural from a statistical perspective.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Sep 2014, 03:48

Kalah wrote: After the accusation from some fans that the last vote was suspicious (although I don't agree).
We should start making more accusations. I accuse Kalah's secret girlfriend is a member of this site. :devil:

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Sep 2014, 08:30

Busted :D
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Sep 2014, 11:47

I have a secret girlfriend? Is she hot? I'd sure like to meet her.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Sep 2014, 22:57

Ah, so she's top secret. :-D

Next voting, Stronghold units, will it ever occur now? ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “News”