Factions line-up

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Sep 2014, 15:28

Mirez wrote:gargolye confirmed

Judging from where they are placed, could golems be ranged?
I think Cabirs are ranged, at least that what their concept art suggests:

I really doubt even Academy would have 2 core shooters.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 10 Sep 2014, 17:12

^ The fuck is this shit?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Sep 2014, 17:32

Just realized that Haven seem to have only 1 flyer. This layout reminds me of H2 one, where you had only 1 ranged and the rest all walkers. Playing as Knight was always somehow fun.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 10 Sep 2014, 18:24

parcaleste wrote:^ The **** is this ****?
Probably another experiment of mixing demonblood with something else. That seems ubisoft's go to explanation for most things.

Anyways, they look a lot better than heroes 5 gremlins, I hated those guys.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 10 Sep 2014, 19:09

I hope this game have something to do with HV (different than the resources), because I never even bothered finish half of the MMH VI - it bored me to death. And with art like this, so close to VI, I am not an optimist so far.

God bless KATAURI and King's Bounty.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Sep 2014, 19:30

Mirez wrote: Anyways, they look a lot better than heroes 5 gremlins, I hated those guys.
Gremlins do look like a "Forge" kind of unit/hero, don't they? :D More than Naga Tank that's for sure.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 11 Sep 2014, 02:33

No one else finds it awkward that a lizard is wearing a skirt and shirt with bracelet accents? If the genies lend her some earrings, she'll look really cute. :embarrased:

At any rate, I get a gremlin-like vibe from her for some reason - maybe the stature. It's also like mini-magma dragon. ;|

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Sep 2014, 13:54

That's a salamander with attires. No nudity in the game allowed it seems.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Sep 2014, 14:21

It looks nice enough, except for the head which I think is too big.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Sep 2014, 08:18

Maybe it's a fire dragon with dwarfism :D

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 14 Sep 2014, 00:34

Panda Tar wrote:Just realized that Haven seem to have only 1 flyer. This layout reminds me of H2 one, where you had only 1 ranged and the rest all walkers. Playing as Knight was always somehow fun.
Since its announcement, H7 seemed to me like a compromise between H2, H3 and some additional features. Or at least the human faction.

A Succession war (good and evil brother), Swordmen, and no griffin emipre. I kinda like it. Sadly, it's only one of the few things so far.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 14 Sep 2014, 01:03

It's the wolf empire now.

DIRE ETERNAL!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2014, 15:08

I also hope that Necropolis units won't be always gleaming or having that green aura about them. It looked so overused and made units look almost too lively.

Something 'scary' and gloomy about a corpse is seeing no life in it at all, the dark holes of a skeleton eye. It's a scary thing, a hollow feeling. But no...they must place a green lantern in there. I'd be happy seeing only Liches with those lights about. The rest would be crude, hollow, undead.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 02:49

Green is the color of life and should be associated with sylvan anyway.

The overuse and misuse of color is true of every faction.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Sep 2014, 09:35

Konfuzius wrote: Since its announcement, H7 seemed to me like a compromise between H2, H3 and some additional features. Or at least the human faction.

A Succession war (good and evil brother), Swordmen, and no griffin emipre. I kinda like it. Sadly, it's only one of the few things so far.
Heroes 6 took place in the falcon empire but that didn't stop them from implementing griffins. Probably because you were still playing as Anton Griffin, duke of the Griffin duchy.
Which is why I think it's stupid they decided to add wolves in the mix, you're still playing as a member of the Griffin house.

Though I do fancy the idea that only the Griffin house had access to griffins and the Wolf duchy uses wolves. However that would give problems with the bull/unicorn duchy.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 18:07

Avonu, can't you update the first post with sylvan units guaranteed to be in game?

PicturesOfLily
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PicturesOfLily » 21 Sep 2014, 14:05

Well I must say, I've hated the animation style for the heroes games since heroes 5. Just too much with oversized weapons and armours, too colourful, too much like WOW...however...man, I really love the artstyle on the stronghold units.
Generally grey and quite depressing. I love it.
Well, haven't seen them in the game yet so...yeah, I don't know.

However, the necropolis faction looks really crappy. As usual. As someone previosly wrote - what's with the green light? Death is gloomy and dark. Not GREEN. Less colours, please.
I want a more realistic approuch. I know that's asking for too much, but still. :baby:

I aint lookin' for no rainbows, boy.

Oh btw, that "dinosaur-dragon" called Cabir makes me thinking of charmander.
Avonu wrote:Yes, it's a picture of DoC creatures which could be ended in H7 but not neccesary have to.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 21 Sep 2014, 16:53

PicturesOfLily wrote:
Avonu wrote:Yes, it's a picture of DoC creatures which could be ended in H7 but not neccesary have to.
Those are not H7 line-ups.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Sep 2014, 18:17

mr.hackcrag wrote:Avonu, can't you update the first post with sylvan units guaranteed to be in game?
Nope
1) Not until they are posted on official site - Haven and Academy creature icons are linked from official site.
2) These are not H7 Sylvan units concept arts yet. These are concept arts from: Ashan Compendium, MMX, HoMM5-6, Oliver Ledroit's artworks, etc. Only Treant is H7 concept art.
PicturesOfLily wrote:However, the necropolis faction looks really crappy. As usual. As someone previosly wrote - what's with the green light? Death is gloomy and dark. Not GREEN. Less colours, please.
I want a more realistic approuch. I know that's asking for too much, but still. :baby:
All pictures of Stronghold and Necropolis on linked image are from game Duel of Champions, not from HoMM7 itself.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2014, 13:18

Eeeesh, the leaked image of the "Guardian & Justicar" from Haven faction shows a sword bearing female. It looks and feels like Haven will focus on battle skills rather than magic or anything else; a Might faction per say.

P.S.: also, given that it's the VII installment, they could launch the game with 7 factions *wink, wink*.

I was seeing those old NWC artwork for H5 and sort of got nostalgic with the lizard-themed faction. Translating for today's game, it would be a mixture of Sanctuary and H3 Fortress.

Return to “Heroes VII”