Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Sep 2014, 18:07

Currently at 26-38-36, the vote has changed radically over the past 2 days. The first day, option #1 quickly went to 36 and beyond, but has now gone down by 10%. As it stands with 12 days left, option #2 and #3 are very close and things could still change over the coming week.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 16 Sep 2014, 04:02

The play style depends on the stats and abilities they give the creatures. You can make Unicorn a slow tank, or a nimble attacker, while still having the classic magic aura. Therefore the best line up is about the fit of the creatures to the faction and to each other and to the overall HOMM lore. That said, Deer!!!??? I like an attacking Sylvan idea, but do it right. Not with Deer. I also dislike the Dryad+Treant combo which will most likely be overkill and a mandatory choice. That leaves me with Earth's Perfect Balance line-up. So, I voted as such.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 16 Sep 2014, 11:52

The deer is a literal reference to the Heroes 6 week of the "Sun Deer: not a good week to be a moon doe", hence the two creatures.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Sep 2014, 13:35

theGryphon wrote: That said, Deer!!!??? I like an attacking Sylvan idea, but do it right. Not with Deer.
My mind doesn't stop picturing this concept as if it was a patronus charm cast in Harry Potter's story.

And although I'm glad seeing phoenix back into the line ups again, I truly thought academy's magic bird was to be the phoenix, specially because it was said the names were/might not the final ones.

The only thing I missed in the Earth Balance line up was the unicorns, although I didn't fancy much the two Emerald units.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Sep 2014, 18:50

24-40-36 now, and there is also an overview of the creatures of Irollan on the blog. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Sep 2014, 20:33

The stag-thing is just like I was imagining.

The other are ok.

I don't like the emerald knights. I think I might be becoming allergic of elves. Their designs, since H5, are tiresome.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 16 Sep 2014, 23:57

Everything looks tolerable/good except emerald knight and deer and there is no avoiding one of those two. :S

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 17 Sep 2014, 08:56

Mmm, no flying green dragons this time, interesting. The art used for the dragon is none other than Sylanna himself.

I really don't like the emerald knight but I might switch to perfect balance nonetheless.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Sep 2014, 12:04

Did anyone like emerald knights anyway? They could make a voting whether to keep it or place unicorns instead. :D

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Sep 2014, 15:31

I was thinking the same thing Panda, but they want 3 elves per lineup. :wall: :stop:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Sep 2014, 15:47

Hm, just put the emerald knight mounting the unicorn and be done with it. :lol:

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 17 Sep 2014, 15:48

Now that we know Green Dragon is a walker, the only Elite/Champion flier is with the Balance line-up. I don't know what they were thinking. Plus, that Doe/Deer sounds like a peaceful animal, what does it have to do with the Fury line-up? Fury line-up should have been badass. Replace Deer with Wyvern, and you have my vote. Or, replace Deer with Treants, Dryads with Snake, and Treants with Wyvern. That would've been great. But like this, Balance is the only reasonable line-up.
Edited on Wed, Sep 17 2014, 11:49 by theGryphon
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 17 Sep 2014, 16:00

Panda Tar wrote:Hm, just put the emerald knight mounting the unicorn and be done with it. :lol:
Something like:
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Sep 2014, 22:51

Unicorns are too majestic to ride. I'd rather see them trampling the emerald knight. :devious:

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 17 Sep 2014, 23:29

mr.hackcrag wrote:Unicorns are too majestic to ride. I'd rather see them trampling the emerald knight. :devious:
Except for an elven maiden!
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2014, 18:03

21 | 40 | 39

Just voted for the Earth's Perfect Balance. And still hating those Emerald Knights, please, die all of you.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 18 Sep 2014, 19:15

Panda Tar wrote:21 | 40 | 39

Just voted for the Earth's Perfect Balance. And still hating those Emerald Knights, please, die all of you.
I've voted for Perfect Balance as well.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 18 Sep 2014, 20:49

@JSE, you beat me to it. was gonna write basically the same arguement for Warhammer inspiration as you did.. glad someone else see it

@hellegennes, it's fine. maybe I put to much into your words
Edited on Thu, Sep 18 2014, 16:52 by Karmakeld
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Sep 2014, 00:59

I just don't picture horses in heavily wooded areas. :disagree:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Sep 2014, 20:33

21-39-40 now and still everything to play for with less than a week left to vote. I voted balance because I didn't want the Treants as champion units.

Return to “News”