Heroes Online Dev Blog - Changes in balancing and mechanics

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 27 Aug 2014, 19:10

New informations was posted on the Might & Magic Heroes Online Dev Blog, and you can discover what developers have achieved on this title.

This note reveal that Blue Byte's team have worked on:

<ul><li>4 new language for the games: Germany, Russian-speaking territories, Poland, Czech Republic. They will continue to work on more language soon.

<li>They have improved the game and reduced bugs, mistakes and other defaults.

<li>Since the open beta, Forgotten Sites was released and it create new content for the players.

<li> The PvP systems is available for all players on the test servers.</ul>

You can find more informations about this note, on <a href="/http://blog.heroes-online.com/changes-i ... s/">Hereos Online Dev Blog</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1409166615

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 27 Aug 2014, 19:14

For the community: Do you think Heroes Online and Heroes VII can be live at the same time ? Is that a good idea to have created 2 silimar games at the same time ? Give us your impression :)

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 27 Aug 2014, 23:03

Are the main Heroes series and Heroes Online actually so similar? From the screenshots I've seen and the reviews I've read, Heroes Online seems more like a mix between a browser-based MMORPG and the new King's Bounty series. In other words: Heroes is a strategy series with some incorporated RPG elements and Heroes Online seems like an online RPG with some strategy parts.

So, to answer your question, I'd say yes -- they can live at the same time because they cater to different audiences.

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Korbac » 28 Aug 2014, 07:10

Yeah, Heroes online definitely is not a heroes strategy game (it's not that bad though).

The biggest flaw with it is that you don't really get punished for losses.

In a real Heroes game when you fight neutrals for resources you try to have as few losses as possible, because, you know, if you lose all your units then it will be a big setback for you and an advantage for an opponent.

In Heroes Online it's not an issue. If you play badly and lose all your units - you can just wait an hour, go to your town and recruit them again.

We'll see how Heroes Online develops. It's not a that much of a strategy game as a real Heroes gane is(more of an MMORPG tactics), but let's see how it develops further.

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Korbac » 28 Aug 2014, 07:25

Oh wow, I wrote my previous comment and then read the article on the Heroes Online dev blog - it looks like they are aware of the issues I've mentioned in my comment. Hopefully they will make everything right. It is still in beta after all :P

Roald
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roald » 28 Aug 2014, 08:59

I think it is very good news that Heroes VII are announced now, and in no conflict with the online game.

I have been part of the (huge) "team" of beta-testers, and from what I can see Heroes Online can very probably become a huge economic loss project for Ubi. It will initially be free for all to play, with a possibility to purchase "Hero Seals" that can be used to speed up the players progress and be used to purchase "bling" for the hero avatar. From the German test server it seems that these "Hero Seals" will not come cheap. Many players will regard this as a play2win game, despite strong protests from Ubi in this concern.

When Heros VII is released, and providing it is not a complete f...-up, most old-timers will leave Heroes Online to be, and joyfully play Heroes VII.

Let's all cross our fingers for Heroes Vii to become a huge success like III, IV or V (some like this and some like that). My favourites are definitely III and V, so anything as good as either of those will easliy become a favourite of mine.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 08 Sep 2014, 14:43

I noticed the name Russian speaking territories.

What does that mean? Crimea? Eastern Ukraine? Eastern Estonia? Dniper Republic?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Sep 2014, 20:35

cjlee let's keep politics out of the forum.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 08 Sep 2014, 20:57

@cjlee: It can be a nice question, russian speaking territories are plenty of countries which have russian for primary language.
It concerns some countries of Western asia (like Kyrgyzstan...etc...) and some countries in Eastern Europe.

You can find more information on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... l_language
But if you are really concerned about the topic,, go find a geopolitical dictionary :)

PS: They should try to integrate Spanish and French language, they could have more succes for the game :)

Return to “News”