Play Heroes of Might and Magic III on your mobile devices!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Eltechs
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Eltechs » 01 Apr 2014, 12:58

An app update was published on Google Play on 28th of March.
We extended trial period up to 3 days and reset it to let all users have a look on the updated launcher. So what was changed?
1. Fixed crash of application at startup.
2. Fixed software keyboard irresponsiveness.
3. Maintained fullscreen mode.
4. Added a picture with controls overview.

And now you can find reviews from the real users on Google Play.

Eltechs
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Eltechs » 13 Apr 2014, 13:18

Xdarkon wrote:
Pol wrote:
Bersaglio wrote: This. I can't believe that a launcher for HoMM (not including the game itself) can be paid. It's a nonsence and such project should be banned. IMO.
Such applications are called wrappers and it's perfectly legal for them to be paid. - It's the same like if you are buying console to play console game.

If it's working smoothly there's nothing to solve and you can play original game on the android.
Even if the launcher is paid but works well I think I'd buy it pretty quick.
This launcher app is an emulator for Android which allows you to run PC games on Android devices. But control customized for Heroes 3 only at the moment. Customization for other games will be done in nearest time.

iosoftware
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iosoftware » 09 Jun 2014, 13:48

You may find this project interesting: blog.palmkingdoms.com/post/87989534160/palm-kingdoms-3-is-coming

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 13 Jul 2014, 14:59

Don't mean to bump an old thread but the thing is now free, you just need your own vanilla game

Edit:
It works well on my Xperia S, It has AI support unlike VCMI, soundtrack and cutscenes also work, install is very easy and if you're worried about you're screen being too small you can pinch zoom in.

One down side is that the control settings have to be payed and cost 3 pound sterlings even though a short trial is provided for you to test.

Ingame: Image

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jul 2014, 19:50

How do the controls work?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 13 Jul 2014, 22:22

Kalah wrote:How do the controls work?
If you mean how well they work, I'd say they're a bit laggy for me but I think playing from a tablet would fix that since my phone isn't exactly top notch for gaming.

If you mean why you have to pay: Well making you pay for the controls is just a way of letting you try out the game for free and still making you pay afterwards if you want to keep playing it, for example someone goes to the app page, sees its payed and just leaved. But if they make the app free initially it will make people try the game and want to buy the rest of it.

If you mean how the controls work the the game: One tap = Left Mouse click
Elongated tap = right click, Pinch = zoom in and out if the thing you're trying to click on is too small to accurately click. The controls are a lot like the Heroes 2 Emulator thing to be honest.

As a post play note to those who are thinking about buying the full thing on your device read this: After playing a bit on the emulator the Crashed showing a pc error similar to ">Name< has stopped working" after trying to relaunch several times I got a few problems, The thing got stuck on load, after that I tried again and it told me their was a problem in the emulation of the game, and crashed another few times, could be because of a corrupted file but my advice is don't spend 3.99£ on the thing yet, it's still in development and rather buggy to make work.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 15 Jul 2014, 12:42

I am speechless: such a wonderful experience as H3 played on a dirty phone with your dirty, fat and imprecise fingers :D

People get crazy, that's it. No wonder I see everybody nose and ears in their devices, and this all the day long.

Trisomy syndrome. :devil:

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 15 Jul 2014, 20:30

Salamandre wrote:I am speechless: such a wonderful experience as H3 played on a dirty phone with your dirty, fat and imprecise fingers :D
. :devil:
Meanie :mad:

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 17 Jul 2014, 08:59

Any chance this or similar will be available on the windows phone?

Sequitor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sequitor » 05 Aug 2014, 13:12

I've put in about 5 hours in the last couple of days and love it. The game runs very smoothly, with not a single glitch and no lag. I'm using a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition which is a fairly high end tablet so your experience may differ.

This tablet comes with a stylus which works really well with the game. As you hover over different locations with the stylus the cursor icon changes to reflect your options.

I haven't tried it with WOG yet (I've decided this was a good opportunity to reconnect with the vanilla game), but one of the commenters on google said it works.

I consider the $7 a reasonable cost given how polished the end result is. It will also work with Disciples II, which I haven't played but it looks promising.

TheGrammarNazi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I want to share my experience with it

Unread postby TheGrammarNazi » 02 Sep 2014, 07:09

Probably no one would read it, but I want to share. I'm playing it on Galaxy s2. Some of the animations don't show all the time, such as good/bad morale and luck at battles, but maybe it's because I set the settings of the animation on good quality and my phone can't handle it.
Also,because in battles you move the creatures with one click, sometimes I touch the screen in a manner that makes them just stop next to the creature I wanted them to attack, and not attack it, which can cause less than optimal results in battle and be a bit frustrating.
Also - at first I played with the music on, and the game crashed numerous times. I emailed the tech support and they told me to turn off the music. Since I did it it runs with no problems, but I hope they'd fix the music thing.
Finally - when I win a scenario, and want to write my name, it says the color I played in and won't let me change it, but maybe it's just a problem in my device. Anyway it's a minor problem.

Other than that it's a fun experience, I didn't play Heroes III in a while and it's nice to come back to it on that form, in which I can play it anywhere. There were a few things I forgot about it, for exampel, in the towns, you have to click on the buildings themselves in order to recruit, etc, unlike Heroes V in which you have buttons in order to do it and you don't have to find the building you want.

Sequitor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: I want to share my experience with it

Unread postby Sequitor » 02 Sep 2014, 13:32

TheGrammarNazi wrote:Probably no one would read it, but I want to share. I'm playing it on Galaxy s2. Some of the animations don't show all the time, such as good/bad morale and luck at battles, but maybe it's because I set the settings of the animation on good quality and my phone can't handle it.
Also,because in battles you move the creatures with one click, sometimes I touch the screen in a manner that makes them just stop next to the creature I wanted them to attack, and not attack it, which can cause less than optimal results in battle and be a bit frustrating.
Also - at first I played with the music on, and the game crashed numerous times. I emailed the tech support and they told me to turn off the music. Since I did it it runs with no problems, but I hope they'd fix the music thing.
Finally - when I win a scenario, and want to write my name, it says the color I played in and won't let me change it, but maybe it's just a problem in my device. Anyway it's a minor problem.

Other than that it's a fun experience, I didn't play Heroes III in a while and it's nice to come back to it on that form, in which I can play it anywhere. There were a few things I forgot about it, for exampel, in the towns, you have to click on the buildings themselves in order to recruit, etc, unlike Heroes V in which you have buttons in order to do it and you don't have to find the building you want.
I think the graphic and control issues are highly related to your device (including the small screen). I'm actually impressed that it runs on the S2. I'm going to tell my son that he should consider running it on his S3.

You can recruit all of the available troops from the Fort building, no need to click on each individual creature building.

I've been playing for a month and I still really enjoy it. I'm up to the 4th map on the 4th campaign (Tunnels and Troglodytes). One thing to note is that it is very easy to copy your save back and forth between your portable device and your desk top, in case you have limited battery power or want to use a bigger screen.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”