mm3-4-5 icons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jul 2014, 11:04

Agalloch wrote:EDIT: Neither Kalah nor antipaladin have e-mail addresses attached to their profiles
Yeah, I do. At the bottom of each forum post, there are several buttons. One saying PM, one saying e-mail ... ;)

Downloaded from your link. The MM4 images are now selectable as avatars.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 15 Jul 2014, 12:56

Nope. Profile. PM. WWW. No e-mail. Likely that you have your e-mail set to private if you see it. Or perhaps my permissions are limited? More likely the first.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jul 2014, 13:00

I think perhaps the latter. But OK; kalah(a)celestialheavens.com will work.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 15 Jul 2014, 13:55

uzbek.bp (at) google's email.com

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 15 Jul 2014, 14:38

are this all of MM4 ? where is maximus, and everyone else?

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 15 Jul 2014, 15:50

Maximus is from Might and Magic 3. And I've e-mailed you.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 15 Jul 2014, 15:54

and tyro, what race does he belongs too?

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 15 Jul 2014, 16:10

Tyro is a Male Half-Orc Knight from Clouds of Xeen.

Have you considered getting copies of these games?

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 15 Jul 2014, 19:03

oh i have the games, i just cant run them on win8... dos box does not likes win8 and i dont know what to do >_<;
i used to play them,a bit when i meneged to make them work on win xp...but that was eons ago...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jul 2014, 20:47

These editions are compatible with Windows 8.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 16 Jul 2014, 02:50

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 16 Jul 2014, 05:52

Kalah wrote:These editions are compatible with Windows 8.
im sorry im not going to rebuy the games,esspaccily since the money goes to ubi. my deep profound hate to ubisoft does not allows me physicly, do so,becouse..its ubisoft... and i hate them? :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 16 Jul 2014, 08:06

@Bloax: Nice one, thank you.

@antipaladin: I'm not sure about the exact deal GOG has, but they do get alot of the money, and it's well worth supporting them, I've bought tens of the best ever games from there.

Plus, sign up at GOG, and wait a few months and you're bound to get an e-mail advertising an offer of often up to 90% of a number of games, including might and magic. I don't think I've bought anything from them at less than a 50% offer.

EDIT: Change hundreds -> tens

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 17 Jul 2014, 17:50

it could cost 5 cents,i already have it, its not my fault,im not going to REBUY it.
ill rather die then let ubi make money for me,i rather give away free pirated links for ubi date base.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jul 2014, 18:43

Fair enough. But don't expect a different solution.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Jul 2014, 20:10

Recently I bought MM6-8, Heroes II-IV from GoG for about <30$ all. I already bought them by the past, but cd got scratched, lost whatever and I can not just not posses such gems of games.

Doesn't matter who gets the money, but you owning the best games of all times.

Anti, you don't smoke 2 days and you get the games for free then. :D

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 20 Jul 2014, 10:13

@antipaladin: You really should just buy the GOG versions. But there are of course plenty of other options you should have found online when searching for solutions, or which are just obvious...

1. Buy an older computer - you might even be able to get a really old one free, I do. Install an old Operating System (I bet ebay has Windows 98 CD's, or maybe even MSDOS, play your versions.

2. Use an emulator. Either a Standard Emulator like Virtual PC, VMWare, VirtualBox or QEMU on which you install the older operating system.

3. Or of course, just get a newer version of DOSBox which directly emulates DOS, and is the solution used by GOG. You say it doesn't like Window 8, but the internet says otherwise. Try the latest version. If that really doesn't work, go ask at more pertinent forums, giving details of the exact problem. Because it clearly works for lots of other people and might be an easy fix (for example, I often have to change the graphics settings to use OpenGL in the vanilla install of DosBox before it will work on a widescreen).

Return to “Might and Magic”