Heroes 3 multiplayer problem with hamachi

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 3 multiplayer problem with hamachi

Unread postby Rallyket » 30 Jun 2014, 10:56

Hello

Just a few days ago me and a friend played Heroes 3 over hamachi and it worked for both, we found eachother by searching the hamachi IP in the game and got connected and could play.
I had Windows 7 ultimate 64bit then and he had windows 8 pro 64bit, both had the same hamachi version,the same heroes 3 version and we were both in the same network on hamachi.

But then the problems started, i decided to upgrade to windows 8.1 pro 64bit and installed hamachi and followed all the instuctions. I found the game he hosted in Heroes 3 in Tcp\Ip even without searching, it just popped up but i was unable to join it, just got at error message up about timing out. Tried disabling the firewall,forwarding the ports on my router but nothing helped.
I have also tried reinstalling Heroes3 and Hamachi and changed networks but still the same problem.
So i decided to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit again since it worked the last time we played, but im having the same problems i had i windows 8.1 pro 64bit, i find the game in tcp\ip but im unable to join it because it times out.

Anyone have a solution to this problem or is it very random ?

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 12 Jul 2014, 20:38

I don't know how to fix your problem but why not try to play with your friend using Game Ranger

Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rallyket » 14 Jul 2014, 20:17

Because when using gameranger the game crashes all the time.

But i have solved this problem now, playing heroes 4 workes.
I also got heroes 3 to work, i first tried to find the game my friend hosted but without sucess, after that i tried something random, when we play heroes 4 you have to connect via the "tcp\ip direct" and enter his hamachi ip adress to find the game, and then i thought about trying to do the same with Heroes 3 just via heroes 4.

So what i do is first i go into heroes 3 -> multiplayer->tcp\ip
And then i go into heroes 4->multiplayer->join game->tcp\ip direct and then enter his hamachi ip adress (which is saved there) and click "ok", and after that i go into heroes 3 and search after the same hamachi ip adress via "search for a game" and then i find the game.
I have tried this many times and it always works as long as i go into heroes 4 first and do what i said above.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”