Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 11 Apr 2014, 19:59

Pol wrote:
elementaritas wrote:oh, it's not enough charge sometimes, since during same battle sometimes I can and sometimes cannot resurrect them.

different kind of question - I have two artifacts my heroes carries that I do not know purpose/powers. it's Golden Egg (Mysterious Egg) and Pretty Comb (Quest Item). Can I do something useful with them? Because it's already 4th map of campaign and I think this Pretty Comb lied in my backpack since 1st or 2nd map without any usage..
Golden Egg become Golden Goose, generating you some money. Needs some time to be hatched ;)
Comb will be needed at right time, that's all what I can say without spoiling the story.

Is your game fully patched? What version of the game are you playing?
It may be damaged save, or you encountered something new and buggy.
thank you!

yes, it's full and newest edition.
I believe it's "not enough charge" issue, because when it's half full it says "resurrect Core creatures", and then it's more than that it says "resurrect Core and Elite creatures".

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 11 Apr 2014, 21:11

one more quick question:
is there any reason to convert Fort to your faction besides that you can recruit your faction's units there? it doesn't increase the growth of units like Barracks do, does it?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Apr 2014, 04:42

elementaritas wrote:one more quick question:
is there any reason to convert Fort to your faction besides that you can recruit your faction's units there? it doesn't increase the growth of units like Barracks do, does it?
Yes, it does. In addition you will get more money.
And the month income is probably the reason, why computer everytime do the same. It's quite fun to watch. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 12 Apr 2014, 15:35

as I've already finished Necropolis campaign, now I have question about Haven faction:).
let's say I have Marksmen and Sentinel standing next to each other, and Sentinel has Guardian Angel.
enemy strikes Marksmen with 200 damage. does he take all 200, if not, what % goes to Sentinel?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Apr 2014, 20:41

Honestly, I don't remember. Damage is absorbed together somehow, it's some time when I was playing this game. The following link to Skill Wheel should help you.

https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm6/ ... index.html
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 12 Apr 2014, 22:58

thanks! very useful link, bookmarked

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 13 Apr 2014, 13:10

elementaritas wrote:as I've already finished Necropolis campaign, now I have question about Haven faction:).
let's say I have Marksmen and Sentinel standing next to each other, and Sentinel has Guardian Angel.
enemy strikes Marksmen with 200 damage. does he take all 200, if not, what % goes to Sentinel?
If you right click the Sentinel it should show its abilities. Checking them all will reveal the ability that redirects damage how much damage is redirected, which should give the percentage. Off the top of my head (I never committed the number to memory) it is ~50%. In the situation you describe, I'm pretty sure the damage done to the Marksmen is reduced, while the damage done to the Sentinel is negated.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 17 Apr 2014, 02:17

now playing Sanctuary campaign:).

did I encounter bug or am I not understanding something?

I have magic/tears hero and just reached new level of tears which gave Serenity spell.
it says that it charms enemy and he cannot move/act/use special ability for 2 turns unless target is attacked.
however, I use it in the first turn, then just hit shield button with all my creatures and still enemy target acts on 2nd turn.
anyone can explain?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Apr 2014, 08:20

Black Hole came to mind that turn = unit's turn, not player's turn. For example: move after morale bonus is another turn, defending takes also one turn, etc.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 16 May 2014, 10:52

O.K. another question:
Anybody knows why Irina's spell cost 33% more to cast? (always, it's not a weekly thing or equipment she has, always, in all the campain chapters)
like summon earth elemental cost 60 mana instead of 45, regenerate 33 instead of 25 etc.
I'm sure there is a simple explanation, thogh I'm missing it.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 May 2014, 12:19

c1a1 wrote:O.K. another question:
Anybody knows why Irina's spell cost 33% more to cast? (always, it's not a weekly thing or equipment she has, always, in all the campain chapters)
like summon earth elemental cost 60 mana instead of 45, regenerate 33 instead of 25 etc.
I'm sure there is a simple explanation, thogh I'm missing it.
Maybe because she's pregnant? :P

Heck I don't know never noticed that, are you sure it's not by equipment?
"We made it!"

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 16 May 2014, 13:31

Very sure! This was the first thing I checked, I removed all her equipment and still she pays 33% more for spell (Changbo her 2nd hero comes to you with a lot of water spells, well he pays for "wall of ice" 20 mana points, Irina pays for it 26 and she has this staff from her first mission which reduces the spell cost of water spells by 10% so she should have payed only 18).
This thing (her paying extra for spells) is from sometime in her mission 2 (as at the start of this mission she still pays the normal price for spells) but by the end of the mission and onward she pays the extra price.
Another question: is there a way to know how many blood/tears points has the secondary hero? or better yet, is it possible to respecialize the secondary hero?

Edit:O.K. I've found out when the increase in spells price cost occurs, in Irina's 2nd mission the second week (into the mission) is "A week when fair maidens kiss frogs in hope to be married within the year", that's when the extra price manifests itself for the first time and it stays like this throughout the rest of ALL her missions.
That is surely a bug (another one in an endless string of bugs this game has).
I'm playing with patch 2.1 if anybody wonders.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 May 2014, 10:52

^ Sure seems like it then. My Irina does not appear to be affected.

SPOILERS ALERT

I finally finished the main campaign (up to the epilogues now) and I honestly don't have much of a clue what the heck has happened. So Duke Slava, whose five children are the protagonists in the campaign, is killed by Anastasya, who is then killed by Anton. Anastasya is brought back to life by a necromancer, Irina is forcibly married to someone else who impregnates her before her brother Sandor rescues her, Kirill wakes up in Sheogh with a demon inside him for some reason, and then ... something ...

There are three angels Uriel (who Anastasya kills for some reason, even though he's apparently her lover), Michael, and Sarah (who Kirill hates for some reason, although he's also her lover). There's this group of people (?) called Faceless who do ... something ... while there's also apparently a demon invasion which all the characters refer to but only appears in Anton's campaign (?).

END SPOILERS ALERT

I honestly have no idea what happened. All the characters speak in riddles and cryptic language that I can't make sense of. Anyone know of a summary somewhere that I can read?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 May 2014, 14:59

Indeed. HoMM6 plot is told not very well in-game. Not to mention that some things were retconned in DLCs, 50SoP and in MMX.

OK, here is "quick" summary of HoMM6 story line, SPOILERS alert:

All begins during Ancient Age when Angels, after defetaing and scattering Demons through far corners of Ashan, launched crusades against Faceless. This conflict not only nearly wiped out both races but also destroyed Shantiri Empire - vast kingdom of all Elder Races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Nagas, Angels and Faceless. During fights leader of Angels, archangel Michael, was slain by Faceless Master Assassin Erebos. Michael's and his brother Uriel's mother also died during this ambush. This war, known as Elders Wars, ended when Sar-Elam, wizard and ascended Seventh Dragon, forced both sides to sign peace treaty. Erebos was against this idea but he was imprisoned by his brothers in Tomb of Thousand Terrors.

Angels were nearly excinted so archangels Sarah and Uriel plotted a plan to avoid this. They used angels Hall of Memories to gather and store souls of killed angels in hope to find new bodies for them in the future. They also forged seven swords and gave them to human dukes of Falcon Empire. Swords have one task to do: prepere royal bloodlines as vessels for fallen angels.

In year 520 YSD duke Pavel Griffin dies fighting demon Ahribban summoned by orc shaman Torghul. His soul is saved by his sister Svetlana, but before she could do anything, Pavel's body (and soul in it) is taken by angels. They use it to bring back to live archangel Michael. Pavel's son, young Slava, became new duke and his aunt Sveltana became regent until he is mature.

In year 564 YSD duke Gerhart Wolf invade Griffin Duchy to force out friendly Orc tribe from Holy Empire. Fight between Gerhart and Slava is stopped by Uriel and emperor Liam Falcon. Archangel forced Slava to gave his eldest daughter Irina as wife to Gerhart.
Slava is not happy but he can't object "emperor" decision. During wedding night Irina harm Gerhart when he tried to rape her. She is imprisoned after that.
Slava and his three other children, Anton, Kiril and Anastasya (Sandor left Empire earlier, angry for his father lack of guts to protect Irina), went to Emperor Court to persuade Liam to release Irina. Uriel has on his mind much more important metters so he mind-control Anastasya to kill Slava.

Second Blood Moon Eclipse begins.
Sarah used Kiril as a pawn and trade his soul to enter demon prison-dimension Sheogh and for free passage to demons Dragon God - Urgash. She is trying to heal him from his eternal agony but instead is wounded by him and turned into half-angel, half-demon. This event starts Second Eclipse three years earlier before it should be. If Second Eclipse would start in three years, Blind Brothers predicated that forces of light would fall, so Sarah and Uriel tried to change that.

Sarah used Urgash's claw from her body (it stuck there, when he wound her) to create Blade of Binding and to use it and Kiril (now with demonic Prince of Destruction in him) to destroy Faceless Invisible Library. With this weapons angels could once and for all destroy Faceless. Kiril would vanish after destruction of Library or become Faceless himself if he choose to help Faceless. He chose to use third option and bring Invisible Library to Sheogh.

Meanwhile Anastasya is executed by her brother Anton and bring to un-life by her great aunt Svetlana. She discover that her mentor Uriel used her as a pawn in order to bring angerl Aurora to life - his and Michael's mother. She is quickly "cured" from love to her menor, when she discover that truth. Anastasya went to inner mind of Uriel, when she confronts him, defeats him and in result destroys hismind. Uriel's body is destroyed by demons along with emperor Liam and his guards. These demons, lead by archdemon Ahribban, are defeated by Anton. Ahribban is sealed in magical artifact by Michael, so he couldn't back to Sheogh.

Second Eclipse is ended but fight continue. While Uriel is dead and Sarah abandon angels plan and stay with Kiril in Sheogh, Michael want to launch an attack to Faceless hidden temples in Abyss deep under Ashan surface. Griffin children with their mother Cate attacks instead angels sky city, where Hall of Memories is located. They want to stop Michael before new Elders Wars starts with all its horrors and magic so powerful, that probably would destroy Ashan itself.
When Griffins enter the Hall, Cate starts seven-day ritual to send all trapped and tormented angel souls to their Dragon God - Elrath, whey they belongs. Michael appears when ritual is nearly completed and is defeated by Griffins. He and Cate both dies and threat of new Elders Wars is stopped.

This is end of H6 and so-called Uriel's Deception. This is however not the end of Elders Wars leftovers. MMX tells a story of Faceless Master Assassin Erebos and explain some questions from H6. Also H6:50 Shades of Purple :P also ties some loose ends of H6 plot.

PS
If anyone wonders WHY Cate died, here is explanation sent to my by Marzhin, when I asked him about it. It was planned to be in game, but for some reasons it was skipped in final product:
“Subdued and chained, Michael is brought into the Hall of Memories where your mother, Cate, the Dragon Knight of Malassa, is finishing her week-long ritual to free the souls of the angels killed during the Elder Wars. Hundreds of burning golden orbs are circling around her while she levitates in the center of the room, entranced. The last name she utters is Michael’s name, before calling Elrath himself, demanding the release of his children, allowing them to move on to a new life. As the final word is spoken, a pillar of burning light descends from the heavens and hits the center of the room in a blinding explosion. The soul embers whirl around the column as Elrath accepts your mother’s plea.
Michael himself, having accepted the judgment of his Dragon God, lowers his head before being dissolved into golden dust from which two golden fires emerge – one of which you know belongs to your own grandfather, Duke Pavel, the vessel Uriel and Sarah used to bring Michael back. But as your gaze returns to your mother who has become the epicenter of the maelstrom, you discover with horror that the Dragon Knight herself is being disintegrated by Elrath’s light. You realize she always knew a servant of Malassa could never survive such an ordeal – this was a price she was always willing to pay, the ultimate sacrifice. Her own soul ascends last and maybe it’s only wishful thinking on your part, but you could swear to have caught a glimpse of your father’s spirit, waiting for her. Then the pillar of light dissolves, and the noise of endless wars is silenced, at last.”
PS 2
Sorry for spelling.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 23 May 2014, 14:57

Thanks. Sounds like a super convulated storyline.

MORE SPOILERS

Three questions:

Angels are obviously capable of reproducing (which is why Michael / Uriel have a mother), so why would they need to bring dead angels back to life? Especially if, as the story seems to imply, angels live forever.

If the angels were almost extinct why wouldn't the Faceless just win the war?

What the heck is Raelag doing?! If I'm not mistaken MMH6 is set thousands of years before HoMM 5, and yet Raelag appears in HoMM 5?!

END SPOILERS

Does one need to also play the other Might & Magic games to get this story? Because 99% of what you wrote went past me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 May 2014, 11:24

Banedon wrote:Angels are obviously capable of reproducing (which is why Michael / Uriel have a mother), so why would they need to bring dead angels back to life? Especially if, as the story seems to imply, angels live forever.
I think this question was answered already by devs.
Angels and Faceless have very low birth rate and during wars with demons they had high dead rate - because they behave like a "classic" paladin from D&D (so they died a lot ;) ).
War with Faceless lowered they numbers even more to the point, where birth rate was not enough for survive of angel race.
Banedon wrote:If the angels were almost extinct why wouldn't the Faceless just win the war?
Because Faceless had the same problem - their numbers were also low.
Banedon wrote:What the heck is Raelag doing?! If I'm not mistaken MMH6 is set thousands of years before HoMM 5, and yet Raelag appears in HoMM 5?!
HoMM6 story is only 400 hundreds years before H5. It's year 564 YSD in H6 while H5 takes place in years 969-971+ YSD.
As Raelag is and always was an (dark) elf (even under his Agrael allias), his lifespan is "a little" longer then human's.
Banedon wrote:Does one need to also play the other Might & Magic games to get this story? Because 99% of what you wrote went past me.
It would help but I think it is not necessary. However you need to pay attention to dialogues, heroes and dynasty weapons bios to catch all details about H6 story. It's very easy to miss some points as H6 don't have Angels-Faceless plot told straight. It more focus on heroes adventures, while Michael's story is more like a background plot.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 24 May 2014, 14:23

Sorry to repeat myself but maybe someone knows:
Another question: is there a way to know how many blood/tears points has the secondary hero? or better yet, is it possible to respecialize the secondary hero?

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How do I dig for treasure?

Unread postby Crayno » 25 May 2014, 06:17

I can't for the life of me find how to dig for treasure.
Hlep? :-D

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: How do I dig for treasure?

Unread postby c1a1 » 25 May 2014, 12:13

Crayno wrote:I can't for the life of me find how to dig for treasure.
Hlep? :-D
Are you sure you are talking about HOM6?
there is no digging for treasure, maybe you are talking about MM5? if so you probably mean digging for the tear of asha and then you must have full movement points to dig.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 May 2014, 14:20

c1a1 wrote:Sorry to repeat myself but maybe someone knows:
I'm pretty sure reputation only applies to your primary hero
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”