[Share] Survival Spawn Mod =MM8=

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
survival
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[Share] Survival Spawn Mod =MM8=

Unread postby survival » 06 Mar 2014, 22:48

My second small job - this time for MM8 it gives much more fights
and tactical combat - dungeons are much harder now.

Here it is:

Hope u like it , loots of fights,combat experience , ENJOY !!!

http://www.4shared.com/rar/v0kfe3-Sce/S ... wnMod.html

HP x2
Exp x2
Spawn x5-x10

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 20 Mar 2014, 16:06

It would be nice if you could upload it to a decent host.
I certainly can't download it off 4shared because of their sneaky timers.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Apr 2014, 18:43

More challenge for MM8? Just what it needed. Count me in :D

EDIT: But how to get this thing to work? Copying the file to the DATA directory doesn't seem to be sufficient :(

EDIT2: Somehow I managed to get it to work, seems you needed to start a new game, that's what you needed to do.

I gotta say, this mod finally makes MM8 the challenge it should have been! I've got a team over level 50, elevated to that level by Armageddoning the Plane of Air. Dark Elf and Cleric promoted, Necromancer, Knight and Vampire not yet. The game is at least 3 or 4 times harder, I struggled to clean out the Alvar Ogre Fortress with my team at these very levels, had to return to heal 3 times when cleaning out the Uplifted Library, and the Mad Necromancer's Lab destroys me outright. Good thing the monsters give more experience too, there finally is a chance of tapping into those seldom-unlocked levels above 150, and - what's funny - you're gonna need them. The game is even harder than MM6 was, and that one had plenty of town-healing in the midst of a dungeon. I love this little bit of frustration, it gives much more satisfaction when you do after all clean out the dungeon in question.

I'm afraid to even try the mod for MM7, it'll likely be murderous.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 May 2014, 10:54

Completed the game, my Champion is level 151 while N. Roberts is level 165. Earlier there was no way you'd be able to reach such a level without lots of grinding. However, your party does get overpowered at these levels to the point where it takes it 5 seconds to kill a double HP Ruby Dragon. Nothing can stand against a party at that level, even without the blasters of MM6.

I've noticed one thing that you could improve, however: boss monsters haven't got their HP doubled, so right now the regular monsters overpower the bosses - f. ex. a regular Dragonslayer is stronger than Jeric Whistlebone or a Great Wyrm than Old Loeb. If you fix that, everything else will be fine. Guard monsters such as Minotaur Warriors and Dark Elven Defenders also don't have their HP doubled.

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Re: [Share] Survival Spawn Mod =MM8=

Unread postby darkdill » 14 Apr 2018, 23:37

All links are dead. Any chance of a new host?

Return to “Might and Magic”