Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Mar 2014, 06:50

It's a fun. Xzone is now sending adver "Good Old Times with Heroes Might & Magic are back!" And it's promo for Age of Wonders III.

Sort of rebranding.. :D

From very other note, game "Papers, please" is getting more and more interest. Would you like to try to live in repressed regime country? You have a chance now. (Subtitle, will you keep you humanity :P )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Mar 2014, 20:42

Managed to get a ticket to the Tottenham v Sunderland match on the 7th ... :oex:

Spontaneous buy, but I'm totally going. London, baby! :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Apr 2014, 21:48

Home again from London. Great match. Also walked the city for 6 hours, so now I know everything there is to know about it. I should know it well, after all, since I built it in Caesar III. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Apr 2014, 05:26

Just out of vain curiosity, is anyone planning on coming to my country because of the World Cup? ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Apr 2014, 06:04

No, I don't think I'll go there as it's going to be too far and thus too expensive ...

On a different note, I've ditched my iPhone in favour of a new Sony Xperia X - looks good so far and I'm looking forward to having a phone with greater flexibility. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2014, 14:14

And maybe too dangerous as well. :S

My phone has tons of flexibility. It does make calls.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Apr 2014, 11:40

I think I have an aura of disconnection, it's not possible that only my team has people getting disconnected from Steam! :(

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Apr 2014, 12:34

Heh, funny when the GM's in chess do the same moves I had in mind ...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2014, 14:14

Working 8-20 today ... long day. :tired:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Apr 2014, 20:02

Oh? I worked 8-15. Valpurgisnight. And tomorrow is May day, and friday I've taken off. Lots of time to play with my new computer...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Apr 2014, 20:50

I couldn't take Friday off, even knowing that there will be not much to do even if I ask all girls here for a job. :drama:

Hum...ask girls for a 'job'...
:thinking:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 May 2014, 08:52

Well, Child if Light is kinda cute. :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 May 2014, 20:13

I couldn't play more than 1 hour of Might & Magic IX. Is it only me or that game is ... bad? The way enemies fight you, the interaction, the way they die, the lack of life all about the game, I was bothered by almost everything. :drama:

Now, another subject, I was reminded of the time when CH was reaching 10K members. And now, it is going towards 20K. Long live CH. :-D

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 06 May 2014, 07:57

Panda Tar wrote:I couldn't play more than 1 hour of Might & Magic IX. Is it only me or that game is ... bad? The way enemies fight you, the interaction, the way they die, the lack of life all about the game, I was bothered by almost everything. :drama:

Now, another subject, I was reminded of the time when CH was reaching 10K members. And now, it is going towards 20K. Long live CH. :-D
It depends. MMIX is one of the few games that gives off an unique pre-Medieval feel. There's a blend of eerieness and Viking age atmosphere that is elegantly complemented by the music.

But of course, the game seems far from complete and will never have a spiritual sequel, which is a damn shame.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 May 2014, 08:26

It's a matter of giving a try, you should say then. I might give it another go on next weekend.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 May 2014, 12:05

3 days in a row working 8-20, Saturday I could finally sleep in ... :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 May 2014, 14:55

Finland are absolutely spanking Germany in the world hockey championship. Norway are also doing well, having won both their matches so far, despite being witouth their biggest star, Zuccarello.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 13 May 2014, 21:11

Zuccarello is busy trying to knock out the Penguins in a couple of hours. But I wonder if Minnesota will be able to send the series to game 7 with their top three goaltenders injured. :S

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2014, 17:10

So, football tonight... looking forward to another night of getting pissed off at the players because they cant pass for shit...

At least this one is internal, so both teams will do it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 May 2014, 15:58

I've been out driving, searching for cool photo locations. My car is lovely to drive. :)

Return to “Campfire”