Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragon

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 06 Dec 2013, 14:39

2.1 Hard
Most disappointing! Thraslai gave most of his troops to Kythra and then he wouldn't attack my heroes. Kythra spent the rest of the game pacing back and forth in the NW corner.

The upside was that I was able to take another week to pick up the rest of the stat bonuses. I sent Ylaya to chase down Kythra. That got 60,000 exp. so I never used the Sylvana Ancient.

hprwhg12
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hprwhg12 » 02 Apr 2014, 14:30

2.1 Heroic

I can not believe how easy this was. I only fought battles that contained a mine, troop building, decent artifact or stat bonus and still made level cap. I easily got every stat bonus for Ylaya and Isabel.

The big bonus you get in first mission for secondary quest helped me the most I believe. I ended mission 1 with 29 attack. I started this mission with 42 attack. Nothing was a challenge, not even big boss guy.

I find it funny that Isabel (being the queen of the Griffin Empire) is used for nothing more than a mule really for this and next mission. She is queen of the Mule Empire.

TheMeInTeam
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheMeInTeam » 06 Apr 2015, 04:11

I lost track of the time on this one, and did not get the last 2 stat buildings or stack of black dragons on heroic. I built the town up to max though and had a ton of units (in retrospect it's as Maltz says, black drags not worth to build the dwelling here).

So I had to defend that attack on heroic without the black dragons. I was worried when I lost the auto combat, but when the battle started and I realized the opponent had 90 mana only and no ammo cart I laughed and splattered his Catapult. None of those gobs of hydras, blood furies, or lizards could do anything at all, and their shooters ran out of shots soon as well. I had around 10 hydras, 130 minotaurs, and tons of scouts/shadow matriarchs left when their last unit died to the hail of tower, ballista, and hero arrows (after I ran out of mana). If you trash the catapult in the final battle it becomes pretty trivial as long as you have bodies.

Sunlover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunlover » 02 Jul 2015, 01:08

Quote from Kardszy, 3+ years ago: "I advise visiting it because it gives 4 spell power and 4 knowledge to the 1st hero (the one you pay with) [the Mapmaker hut, NW sector]".

Sadly I did not measure Raelag's stats before I fought the enemies in front of the Mapmaker, but I *did* measure both before and after I paid the 4000 gold: the stats stayed exactly the same.

So either this got fixed in a patch, or the stats are granted defeating the guards in front of the Mapmaker hut, or Kardszy is mistaken. I will try and verify when I try and run through again in order to get everyone to max stats (Thralsai was no fool with the army Ylaya had guarding the castle, he ran after Raelag and his token army and caught him nearby -- good thing I saved at the end of the turn before ^_^ ]

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 15 Sep 2019, 00:13

Hard 2.1
Thralsai had already marched for 2 days toward my city when Ylaya reached the dragons. Between the Sylvan Ancient and the bonus for completing the side quest Ylaya hit the Level Max. Isabelle got her Max from the tree as well, Realag reached easily defending the city. Ylaya and Isabelle hit all the stat bonuses though Isabelle got an extra week because Ylaya's army intimidated Thralsai. I built both Mages guilds to Level 5 and Ylaya took Scholar so all three heroes had all their top level spells.

Ylaya had to chase down Thralsai. Ylaya had 180 Black Dragons so Thralsai's repeated Armageddon hurt him more than her. It was a short battle, each warlock got 2 turns. She lost 4 Black Dragons. The final battle was worh a bit over 70,000 xp.

Return to “Articles”