MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Jul 2013, 20:42

New versions: MMExtension v1.5.2 + MMEditor v1.2
MMExt backward incompatibility: monster.SummonMonster is now monster.SpecialD.
The editor now has a handy dialog for texture/object type selection along with other improvements.
I've figured out all the stuff needed to support outdoor maps, so the editor will support them as well in some future. I think it would work out better than continuing Mike's outdoor level editor http://sourceforge.net/projects/mm8leve ... velEditor/
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 19 Jul 2013, 09:47

If anyone is willing to do a video about the editor, you're more then welcome :)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 11 Jan 2014, 04:52

Can you use this editor to make the game pedestal on Emerald Isle regenerate with the monsters? I've always found that annoying.

edit: Also, when you say you extract the LOD files, how's that done? And do you move the extension folder into the original game directory or the scripts folder? I can open up the script files in the extension with the SciTE but there isn't any data to modify.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jan 2014, 09:22

theorclair wrote:Can you use this editor to make the game pedestal on Emerald Isle regenerate with the monsters?
Well, yes, you can. I can write the script for that when feel like doing it.
theorclair wrote:Also, when you say you extract the LOD files, how's that done?
With MMArchive: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/
theorclair wrote:And do you move the extension folder into the original game directory or the scripts folder? I can open up the script files in the extension with the SciTE but there isn't any data to modify.
You extract the extension archive into game folder.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 15 Jan 2014, 19:38

thanks for the help. That appears to work.

Edit: Where do you find the specific data tables for class and skills? I'm only able to see the general one.

edit again: never mind, found it.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 16 Jan 2014, 03:27

How do you modify the reward for a quest? I've got the global.txt that lets me do it, but putting it into the lod file makes the game crash, and no other file has the information about the quests.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Jan 2014, 05:40

theorclair wrote:no other file has the information about the quests.
Maps scripts has some.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 16 Jan 2014, 05:53

The folder there is empty.

edit: I'm specifically trying to modify the Emerald Isle bit where you can exchange a red potion for a hat. I'm trying to change it to get gold instead. I'm also looking to take away the food-removing portion of the hall under the hill quest. I have the global text script modified for it, but that's it.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 17 Jan 2014, 17:47

Here's the code I have for both.

event 30 -- "Trade Potion for Hat"
0: Player = Players.All
1: Cmp {"Inventory", Value = 222, jump = 7}
2: SetMessage {Str = 42} -- "Is this some sort of trick? You don't even have a red potion. You don't think I'll just give you the hat, do you?"
3: SetNPCTopic {NPC = 8, Index = 0, Event = 0}
4: SetNPCTopic {NPC = 8, Index = 1, Event = 28} -- "Brigands"
5: SetNPCTopic {NPC = 8, Index = 2, Event = 29} -- "Blue Potions"
6: Exit {}

7: SetMessage {Str = 40} -- "Wonderful! Here's the hat and I'll take the potion. Thanks so much, now we're almost finished with our list."
8: Player = Players.Current
9: Subtract {"Inventory", Value = 222}
10: Add {"Gold", Value = 1000}
11: Subtract {"Reputation", Value = 5}
12: SetNPCItem {NPC = 8, Item = 631, On = false}
13: SetNPCItem {NPC = 8, Item = 222, On = true}
14: SetNPCGroupNews {NPCGroup = 2, NPCNews = 6}
15: GoTo {jump = 3}
end

event 189 -- "Pipes"
0: Player = Players.All

1: CanShowTopic.Cmp {"Inventory", Value = 607, jump = 4}
2: CanShowTopic.Set {Visible = false}
3: CanShowTopic.Exit {}
4: CanShowTopic.Set {Visible = true}
5: CanShowTopic.Exit {}

6: SetMessage {Str = 65} -- "So, Johann be wanting the Faerie Pipes, eh? I can't say I'm surprised--he wouldn't come here himself, the coward. The Pipes will cost you, though… all your food. Of course, I've got some delightful food down below, should thee be wanting to restock your packs."
7: Subtract {"Inventory", Value = 607}
8: Add {"Experience", Value = 2000}
9: Player = Players.Current
10: Add {"Inventory", Value = 633}
11: SetNPCTopic {NPC = 52, Index = 1, Event = 0}
12: Subtract {"QBits", Value = 179}
13: Add {"QBits", Value = 180}
end

I suspect they can be rewritten as a lua file and put in the scripts folder but I can't seem to do it correctly. I keep looking for a text file for it in the events.lod but the only one there is the text for the quest themselves, not the reward. I can't tell if this is because I'm not intelligent enough to figure out where all these files are or because I don't know said programing language.

aadas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aadas » 26 Jan 2014, 20:00

Can anyone explain to me how I add bosses after a dungeon with the Leveleditor? Whenever I add something and change the lod data I try to play it and get the error message with the Door. Game crashes then

Edit: Also, how can I edit the monster stats? When I press Edit and change the stats it won't let me save the changed ones

aadas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aadas » 26 Jan 2014, 21:54

Okay, whatever I do I must do something wrong. I'll post my exact steps:

I open my game with the editor, press altf1 to open the editor and go to a dungeon (I usually test with the spider dungeon near sorpigal). Now I change anything inside the dungeon. I tried adding a single spawn, deleting a spawn - always the same result. I save the data (I press compile) and then I load the new .blv data with MMArchiev. Now I start the game and enter the dungeon the normal way and I get the error message.

This is the error I get with a slightly edited dungeon.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 05 Feb 2014, 22:05

What would you modify to change the guild closing times in MM6?

edit: Found it.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 18 Feb 2014, 14:52

How do you figure out the location of the icon in X and Y to make a town be accesible to Town Portal?

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 29 Mar 2014, 23:15

Which variable would you change in MM7 to alter the time needed to train? I'm playing one of survival's mods and I've trained right through one or two regneration periods, which is annoying.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 31 Mar 2014, 02:21

theorclair wrote:Which variable would you change in MM7 to alter the time needed to train? I'm playing one of survival's mods and I've trained right through one or two regneration periods, which is annoying.
Now, I am not that familiar with all the internals for this, but I have a suggestion that might point you in the right direction. In MM6 I believe the training time is only one week, no matter the amount of times you leveled up, and therefore I recommend finding the data there and then comparing it to the game you want to be only 1 week. Not sure if it will be easy to find. I am guessing it would be in the events. lod
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 06 Jul 2014, 00:06

I looked, but there's no variable I can see.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 11 Jul 2014, 15:50

Full list of what I would like to do:

MM6

I would like to change the skills some of the guilds teach, specifically adding learning to the element guild skills and meditation to the self guild skills (chainging the 2Devents file has no effect). Also, I'm interested in making Bootleg Bay a town portal destination, and to take away the minus five of the opposite statistics with the black potions.

MM7

I would like to change the training time so it's always one week, like in the other games, to make the game pedestal on Emerald Isle reset when the town does (like with the other ones in the game) and change the red potion for a hat reward so it's gold instead of the hat.

If anyone knows how to do these or knows someone who could help please respond.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 13 Jul 2014, 22:33

I would also like to modify the spellbooks in the chests you get from defeating Q in 6 to random light spellbooks in one and random dark spellbooks in the other, and to make the Inferno spellbook you sometimes get in the NWC dungeon a Lloyd's Beacon or Town Portal (random chance of both.)

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 21 Jul 2014, 04:09

I'm slowly learning the language, and am trying out a few minor things in it, just to get the feel of it. I'm currently trying to change the giving of the lute on Emerald Isle to add a reputation increase (subtraction in this game). This is what I have, but I'm still trying to figure out some of the end codes. Any help? Currently it does nothing.

evt.Global(13) = "Buy Lute for 500 gold"
evt.Player = evt.Players.All if not evt.Cmp(evt.Value.Gold, 500) then
return evt.SetMessage(38) -- "It would help if you had the 500 gold pieces. Please don't try and cheat me out of my instrument."
end
evt.Subtract(evt.Value.Gold, 500) --
evt.GiveItem(632)
return evt.SetMessage(37) -- "Well, promise to at least take care of it and not use it for firewood. I suppose I'll have to make do without an instrument for the rest of this trip. Maybe I should tell stories instead of sing until I get back home."
evt.SetNPCItem.NPC(4), 632, On = false
Subtract(evt.Value.ReputationIs, 5)

Set.NPCTopic(4) evt.Index (0)
Set.NPCTopic(4) evt.Index (0)

end

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 26 Jul 2014, 22:16

I now have a bunch of half-written scripts that I'd appreciate someone who knows more of the language than I do to look at and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Return to “Might and Magic”