New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Apr 2006, 13:46

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1146299645
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Apr 2006, 13:46

Thank you for the kind words and the nice screen shots; you obviously have a better image program or at the very least more skilled at using it. I have started a thread on the Heroes IV forum to offer help and suggestions to anyone desiring. As Robenhagen said there are over 300 pages of text, but that includes the text for the multiple paths of which the player will only play one. Actual text that a player will actually read is on the order of 200 pages, still a lot but it is spread fairly equally over the 8 maps. This campaign requires both WoW and TGS expansions as the artifacts and creatures are used throughout and are an integral part of the story. I have not tested nor made any effort to make it playable with the Equilibris mod.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 29 Apr 2006, 14:19

As a member of the playtesting team, I can say this is a very enjoyable piece of work.

I spent a couple of months in the world Jeff G created and was immediately caught by the entertaining set of well thought out characters the player controls. Following the intense storyline, well adapted to the player's actions, while building up strong but varied main heroes should be a lot of fun. The game should provide an adequate challenge for any chosen difficulty level.
I can highly recommend it to everyone.

@Jeff: I think you put in the wrong link ;)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

umfridus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby umfridus » 29 Apr 2006, 14:24

Bravo, jeff! Your dedication is truly remarkable. Will you be porting it to H5 if there's a campaign editor? ;-)

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 29 Apr 2006, 16:34

Double Bravo Jeff! For those of us who love Heroes IV, any new map (and especially a new campaign) is a cause for celebration! And anyone who puts the kind of time and effort you did into creating a campaign deserves a huge pat on the back.

_faenad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby _faenad » 29 Apr 2006, 18:10

Thanks a lot for your dedication! I look forward to long hours of play :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Apr 2006, 18:57

umfridus it is my hope that Heroes V will have a campaign editor, porting this particular campaign may not happen we'll see how it is received (probably finding out if I'm any good), but I am certainly interested in doing sequels and prequels of equal scale. Hence my nervousness on UBI's tap-dance on the existence of a campaign editor.

ToweringAmishPlumber and _faenad I hope it does bring you many hours of enjoyment and that I live up to the high praise given to me by Wimfrits and Robenhagen.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Apr 2006, 20:11

@jeff

Please,oh please,work in equilibris!HV simply isnt made for RPG maps.Please,oh please,dont ruin everything by continuing your work in HV!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Apr 2006, 20:20

Though I have downloaded the Demo, I have not installed. I will consider your words, what is about HV that prevents an RPG from being created are there no quest huts? As UBI refuses to acknowledge a campaign capability with their editor, you may not have any worries. Get back to me as you finish and tell if you want a sequel or prequel. I have thought about storylines, but as yet have not started any work on them.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Apr 2006, 20:30

The chains are back.That means no individual heroes,and no multiple hero armies.In HIII you always had to make up something like "your trusty friend,the pikeman" :disagree: I hate that this is back.No more marvelous maps like Trapped inside the beast,or Dragons of M&M :disagree:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Apr 2006, 20:40

Well in some ways that makes it easier, many of the duplicated text I wrote were based on who was traveling with whom. If the army has Talon and Lorelei then one text else if Talon alone then a different text (thanks Wimfrits that almost doubled the amount of text) ;). I also wish that we had not reverted to that aspect of HIII.
Edited on Sat, Apr 29 2006, 14:40 by jeff

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Apr 2006, 20:46

jeff wrote:Well in some ways that makes it easier, many of the duplicated text I wrote were based on who was traveling with whom. If the army has Talon and Lorelei then one text else if Talon alone then a different text (thanks Wimfrits that almost doubled the amount of text) ;). I also wish that we had not reverted to that aspect of HIII.
Edited on Sat, Apr 29 2006, 14:40 by jeff
Yes those double texts make it harder to write,but they also make it much more easier to live into the role of the hero.And that is what RPG stands for after all.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 29 Apr 2006, 21:03

"waste crew" or "vast crew"? ;)

@jeff: I haven't played it yet, but this sounds like an ASTONISHING piece of work! I'm taking my hat off.
Edited on Sat, Apr 29 2006, 15:06 by Jerrie
What the #$*! do we know?

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 29 Apr 2006, 21:25

DaemianLucifer wrote:The chains are back.That means no individual heroes,and no multiple hero armies.In HIII you always had to make up something like "your trusty friend,the pikeman" :disagree: I hate that this is back.No more marvelous maps like Trapped inside the beast,or Dragons of M&M :disagree:
i agree, user made maps are sooooooo much more interesting in h4 than in h3, and your trusty pikeman does nothing (it could be any other low level creature), all the damage is done by spells and ballista.
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Apr 2006, 23:46

Whew! Wow! I just downloaded your campaign … incredible looking mini-maps; I can't wait to start playing. Thank you for this campaign, Jeff. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 03:45

Excelent campaing so far.But unfortunately,there is a problem.I cannot finish the first map because I dont receive the mug from jarvis :(

And one more thing:Ive managed to get two undertakers amulets.One from the quest and one from the enemy.Is this supposed to be like this?

GreyWolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GreyWolf » 30 Apr 2006, 06:14

I had the same problem, Jarvis decimated my stats, took the Dragon shield and armor ut didn't give me the mug ;-( I couldn't finish the 1st map...

The concept and design are fantastic, I hope you can fix it soon!
...no matter where you go, there you are...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 12:05

To all my deepest apologies I am very embarassed by this and would not blame anyone from not coninuing these maps, but somehwere during one of the modifications I failed to re-insert the give artifact command. I do not know how this happened as I do not remember ever removing it. I have sent the fixed file to celestial heaven version 1.1. I will email the file directly to anyone who wishes it.
Edited on Sun, Apr 30 2006, 11:01 by jeff

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 12:11

jeff wrote:To all my deepest apologies I am very embarassed by this and would not blame anyone from not coninuing these maps,
Why would anyone refuse to replay it? :|

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 12:18

It is certainly possible to get more than one amulet, I did not control that particular artifact, other than making one of the quests a little easier it will have no ill effects TOO ALL I am making a panicky double check to be sure no other critical quest got screwed up and so far I have foung none. Again I do not know how this happened I have played this map at least a dozen time and it had been tested by several others without this problem. It must have happened while I was polishing the game by removing test safeguards, but I do not know.

Return to “News”