The Price of Peace → At the Crossroads

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 03 Jul 2007, 00:18

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/267

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 03 Jul 2007, 00:18

The last green town appears boxed in by a pink border guard which they cannot open, so you can mop up the map and pick up any permanent bonuses while assembling troops for the final siege.

Meanwhile, send a secondary hero (especially if Emilia has reached her level limit) with troops from all the Might and/or Chaos towns that have been captured, to clear the large stacks of neutral monsters. If they don't have enough troops to take the final town, you can then move Emilia up with more troops when she's finished with the map.

Edited on Mon, Jul 02 2007, 22:08 by Grail Quest

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 24 Nov 2009, 21:19

I chose an order lord to support Emilia. I let him have the Tactics Altar since I don't think Emilia can be great at two magic schools, combat and tactics. Her priorities were order magic, life magic and combat, in that order. His were tatctics, nobility and life magic.

On three occassions I ran into huge neutral stacks that I couldn't take without unacceptable losses. In each case I used my ranged attacks until Emilia's second turn and then had her cast town portal. This way I could whittle down the stack with no losses. There was a nasty stack of thunderbirds where I had to do this three times.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 01 Feb 2014, 18:05

My latest game I played at Champion, just to see if I could. The beginning, before I had a town, was very difficult but later scenarios were easier. The computer players were unable to deal with the huge neutral stacks and therefore couldn't bother me.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The Price of Peace → At the Crossroads

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 30 Dec 2019, 21:00

Champion. Here I am again 5 years later. I don't remember this being this hard!

I spent a month and a half slipping around looking for battles I could handle with low casualties. About that time I got enough Genies to make a difference. Then my army was Emilia, all the halflings and magi I could afford and genies in one big stack and three single stacks. The genies used slow, song of peace and create illusion. This army could take on 80% of the neutral stacks. I spent another 2 months building Emilia up to Level 15. At this point I hired a knight for the tactics but also bought him Order and Life Magic skills. Tyris quickly shot up to Level 15 since Emilia couldn't take any of the experience. It probably only took half a dozen battles.

Some tactics I used along the way:
1. Hire one Order Lord per city controlled.
2. Snatch and run, the Order Lord snatches resources or even a mine and then runs from the resulting battle.
3. Guerilla Warfare, Emilia and the main army beat down a neutral stack until they are about to take casualties and then she casts Town Portal.
4. Ride Along, when facing an easy battle add an Order Lord to the main army. Since Emilia and the Tyris are Level 15, the Order Lord gets all the experience. I had one Order Lord go from Level 4 to 11 in one battle late in the game.

The scenario took until Month 6 Week 1. I could do better with the same strategy but a little more aggressive early game.

Return to “Articles”