DoC 5 Towers Expansion

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

DoC 5 Towers Expansion

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Dec 2013, 22:27

The latest expansion for the online card game <i>Duel of Champions</i> has been released. It is called <b>5 Towers</b> and contains 80 new cards, a new creature type, a new card type called "buildings", the ability to use your cards in multiple decks, tons of updates, bugfixes and lots more.

Go <a target="_blank" href="/http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/81 ... ere</b></a> to read the official announcement with full info.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1386282469
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Dec 2013, 09:48

If someone is interested, here are these Five Towers of Shantiri:

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/29zcz0x.jpg[/img]

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

DoC 5 Towers Expansion

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Dec 2013, 11:47

There are some pieces of lore in DoC streaming (I think you can watch replays on YT but be aware - they are 1h+ long and finding these 5-10 minutes of lore is not easy task) but not so much.

Generally some hints about how Gazal sat on Throne on Renewal and became Herald, how she tricked Sandro in this task, how they two (and Ariana, Hakeem and IIRC Akane) found Five Towers and of course something about whole conquering the world/get rid of Asha thing.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

DoC 5 Towers Expansion

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Dec 2013, 13:29

I like it when not all games are inundated with story and instead some focus on gameplay.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Dec 2013, 17:34

Yes, indeed but too bad developers didn't focus on gameplay enough, before they released this expansion. You couldn't play any duel because of bugs and server issues (by now it should OK).
BTW - why Demilich's post is seen only in comments?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Dec 2013, 18:14

Avonu wrote: BTW - why Demilich's post is seen only in comments?
Main page - forum integration bug.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

DoC 5 Towers Expansion

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 11 Dec 2013, 19:23

Yah their reasons for scrapping the campaign were not founded imo. They said that because they are adding new cards they would have to edit AI in the campaigns with each patch.

However, from my viewpoint that can simply be avoided by making the player do the campaigns with fixed campaign decks - better solution than abandoning the campaign completely.

However, outside the campaign, game shows really good potential as that "15-30min" short session game and provides alot of nice art that enriches the Ashan at least from that perspective.

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

DoC 5 Towers Expansion

Unread postby Korbac » 02 Feb 2014, 06:48

MMDoC is not a single-player game. The campaign is just a tutorial to get you starting. :P

Also, even though 5T expansion did not bring a lot of new stuff into the game, it did not screw up the game balance. I think it's a good thing.

Return to “News”