MMX Update II

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Update II

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Nov 2013, 19:10

Limbic have announced the <a target="_blank" href="/https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/o ... re">second update</a> of the early access MMX version. In addition to lots of bug fixes, the changes include a modding kit, some dialogue, passive abilities, secret door models, a minimap notes, interactive objects and lots more.

<b>NB!</b> Using old saves from previous versions of the game will cause issues. For example, items at the vendors will be displayed in the wrong order and items that you had in the inventory before installing the patch will be lost. Therefore, Limbic recommend that you start a new game after updating the game.

For Uplay customers, it is crucial that all 3 parts of the 2nd patch are installed before loading the game.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1384456210
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Nov 2013, 08:57

Am I reading it right?
The MMX Modding Kit is available exclusively through Unity Pro, and you can download it here. Please note that although Unity Pro is not freeware, you can still use the Modding Kit thanks to the free 30-day trial of Unity Pro.
Not only Modding Kit needs a third party software but also it needs a proffesional one, which costs... a lot.

If this is true, then... well, I don't think anybody will be waiting for this Ubisoft product with any antipications... or hope.

I see movement is still in bad shape. I played Wizardry 8 which also had some veeeery slow fights (thans to foes movement) and even with mods Road to Arnika was a pain. It seems this product is going the same, wrong way. Not to mention broken :P game mechanics.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Nov 2013, 03:10

Avonu wrote:Am I reading it right?
The MMX Modding Kit is available exclusively through Unity Pro, and you can download it here. Please note that although Unity Pro is not freeware, you can still use the Modding Kit thanks to the free 30-day trial of Unity Pro.
Not only Modding Kit needs a third party software but also it needs a proffesional one, which costs... a lot.
As in $1500, I can't think of anyone who will buy that in order to run UBI's modding kit. This would be a more colossal mistake than their H-V and VI editors. I do not know anything about the free version mentioned on the Unity site, but hopefully it is free and all you need.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Nov 2013, 06:28

No, it isn't:
The Modding Kit itself won´t fully run with the Unity free. Main reason is that core feature which is used for the export of 3D environment a Unity premium feature only which is used for the export of 3D. We are sorry for this, but at the moment we have no workaround available which, would replace the need for this premium feature. Because of this Unity free is not officially supported by this ModKit.
As you can see, Unity Free won't work with Modding Kit and Unity Premium has only 30 days trial time, so you maybe create one mod for this game (and I really don't think 30 days is enough to proper create and test a good mod).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Update II

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Nov 2013, 14:12

We are currently pestering the devs to come up with some satisfying answers to our concerns.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Nov 2013, 01:11

Good; if what Avonu says is true it makes a mockery of having a modding kit. Even with a 30 day free trial; I couldn't even lay out the basics let alone do anything serious with it. I'd like to know who they think will contribute mods under these restrictions. Do not get me wrong I bought MMX to play it, and still plan on that. But I was intrigued to try the modding, and will be disappointed if this is true. :(

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Update II

Unread postby hellegennes » 19 Nov 2013, 02:28

What is the bloody purpose of having a mod kit that costs as much as a small car? I mean, come on, my two PCs cost less than that; combined.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Nov 2013, 12:31

Yesterday was a chat with MMX devs about the latest patch and a modding kit (who was "cleaver" enough to do it in the middle of week in hours when some people are still in work or are returning from it?).
I didn't read chatlog yet, but if anyone is interest, here is some fans' feedback from it and also links to chatlogs:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/81 ... hat-3-quot

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Nov 2013, 14:45

They follow H6 development line!

That's sad..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

MMX Update II

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 24 Nov 2013, 18:58

It seems one always could count on more bleak news no matter how long you wait to catch up on the latest developments. Homm5 and 6 editors were hardly bearable. When I started out on H5 Editor I still felt it could be worth the learning curve since the only investment needed was time and patience. The same with H6 Editor - But buying a 1500 USD closed source "pro tool"? Never ever!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Nov 2013, 23:53

When making my "buy" decision I did not know they were planning a modding kit, but later when it was announced it added some excitement. Reading the cost to run the kit makes one wonder why did they bother? Unless something significant changes the kit will only cause ill feelings. This is a perfect example of shooting oneself in the foot.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Update II

Unread postby hellegennes » 25 Nov 2013, 12:17

I second that. I will probably buy the game and wouldn't bother so much with the mod kit myself, anyway, but it makes you wonder why the chose to announce it as a feature when it's hardly relevant to the game. They only connection there is that it will work with the game, otherwise it's like selling a tire and telling you that you can use a car with it.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 25 Nov 2013, 15:59

When I started out on H5 Editor I still felt it could be worth the learning curve since the only investment needed was time and patience.
As one who has used the H5 Editor for 3 years now, I'll say that Editor has some very good features, my problem with it; is that besides the areas of creating land & placing objects for the basic playable map, there are no other implemented features. "Events or Objectives" both require another unique "learning curve" called Scripting; for the average owner, both areas take eons of time to learn. As we've seen, having these two aspects of learning side by side...was a big mistake. H6 I left alone.

After reading this news, all I want for Christmas is for Ubisoft to finally understand; There is an even bigger pile of money to be had if they will listen to us and make a game that makes all types of Gamers happy!

To repeat, On-line gaming,Multiplayer(for group and competition), Single player, (working Campaigns) the Modding folks, the MapMaking people, the Campaign-visionaries and the "Tweakers" the guys and gals that like to alter stats etc. "The big happy family able to work together"

Btw, I need to add something very important about my using the H5 editor; I am disabled and have had much more time than most folks would ever "dream" to spend on learning the curve.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Nov 2013, 17:13

The P.O.M. factor may works on them. :D

I would like to add that you need to start with a vision. Then you may get your P.O.M.!

Communities are huge plus, it's bad to waste such human powers..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

MMX Update II

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 27 Nov 2013, 17:57

Somewhat unrelated to the game, but ubishop was also updated, and it brings joyous news in regards to preorder of this game as well.

Physical box is now available in extra batch of countries, including Croatia, so I will be purchasing a preorder on my next paychech :)

Updated list of countries should closely resemble http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE ... ID.8605700

though it might still differ for some particular games.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Nov 2013, 12:35

In case you missed it, the devs posted a clarification on the dev blog.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Nov 2013, 14:02

It is nice to see they are trying to stay ahead or at least attempt to answer fan concerns. However he really did not answer the concerns with the modding kit or the fact it requires a $1500 investment beyond the 30 day free trial. It would have been better to not advertise or release it. Reading his explanation I am more confused than before. Again I am buying it to play it; it now seems that is all I will do, but that's ok as that is what I did with the previous 9 chapters.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Nov 2013, 17:05

The point they were making, it seems, is that modding it right now means having to use that pro tool. No word on what kind of software will be needed to make mods for the finished game.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Update II

Unread postby hellegennes » 29 Nov 2013, 09:13

They've already said that they won't be making any modding tools other than the one with which they are working right now. Unless Ubisoft decides to make one after the game is released, I'm guessing.

Return to “News”