WyrmWyrd for PRT-Mod

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 06 Aug 2013, 19:31

A quick question, are many of you using the PRT-Mod? Any comments?

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 09 Aug 2013, 20:54

I think the lava land looks much better; I was really stunned by it the first time I saw it.

I kind of forgot what things used to look like so it's hard to compare without side by side pics.

To me, the grasslands look like a mean and dangerous place with the mod rather than a peaceful and serene place that I associated with the grasslands. That's not a bad thing, just different.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 22 Aug 2013, 19:51

WyrmWyrd Note: Heroes & objective are updated. 2 versions are here; PRT and non-PRT. PRT means the Pre-Rendered-Textures-Mod by xuxo

See{post 14}

http://forum.eternal-essence.com/showthread.php?tid=129

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Sep 2013, 10:43

Where do I install the mod files?

Thanks

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 08 Sep 2013, 16:23

@Variol
The "Data" folder. Btw, you could slow down a tad, I gave the installation-instructions in the OP. :>) Hope you enjoy xuxo's efforts...Cheers!

@ ALL

I have released "WyrmWyrd-Icegerd" on post 17, A big THANK YOU :D to Koni for testing & reporting on the final version. This is my 4th and last version of my Dragon Head map. The 4 Maps are all very different; so give Icegerd a go. It's a difficult map so try it on normal unless you really want a challenge,..then go Heroic. EDIT= I should add if you're playing with Quantomas' "J" A.I. I'm not sure about the 3.1 version's difficulties.

http://forum.eternal-essence.com/showthread.php?tid=129

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Sep 2013, 20:36

I did see that, thanks. I was just a bit thrown off, when I saw the different folders, when I unpacked it.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 08 Sep 2013, 21:32

Don't unpack it.

Just stick the PRT folder into the data-folder.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Sep 2013, 00:08

markkur wrote:Don't unpack it.

Just stick the PRT folder into the data-folder.
????
The file I downloaded is zipped. How can I "not" unpack it?

The terrain does look different now, so I assume it worked.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 09 Sep 2013, 04:32

You]re correct. I forgot about the zip and thought you were separating the folders. :D

The Mod looks great except for one problem. When xuxo made the switch. in one instance, he changed a skin from one family of terrains to another; so, when a map was made with the normal terrains and is then viewed by the Mod on some maps if that one skin was used a lot, it will look ugly with too much "roots" in areas. Other than some non-matching "objects" the Mod is very exceptional work and causes no problems.

As far as I know I'm the only one that's made maps for it; I did it to help xuxo and as my thanks for his fine effort. I think I have made 4 maps now.

@ mr.hackcrag

Sorry I missed this comment somehow. I agree, I wish there was some skins that were the deep-green. All of these grasses are too yellow-green. I am getting used to it, it's not a glaring as It once was.<L>

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 30 Dec 2013, 17:43

@ Alsborg & All

When xuxo released his PRT-Mod, I had one person say they could not use the Mod because "water was made white:. At the time I was not seeing the issue but just recently I ran in to this when I opened an old map of mine.

I think I have discovered how to correct; hopefully this is the only issue. All that is needed is to change an affected map's "water-setting" and it is very easy to do.

{Solving the PRT "white-water problem"}

A. <Open> View

B. <Open> Map Properties Tree (Give the Editor the time needed to "list" You will see a slide-bar on the right will stop moving. Do not click on the Map's surface, as that will put the drop-down in "object-list"

C. <Find> Very near the top of the Map Property Tree is the line "ReflectiveWater" if it is set to false; click on the word false and an arrow-drop-down will appear on the right of the box, change it to "true"

D. Save

Also, I would like to know if anyone still has the problem after doing this step.

Cheers

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 31 Dec 2013, 03:52

Hi markkur

I tried this on the map named tod_aus_der_tiefe,

http://i.imgur.com/tKNNF4r.jpg

I changed the reflectivewater to true - but it isn't

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 31 Dec 2013, 03:55

and I saved and reloaded the map :)

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 31 Dec 2013, 14:51

Hmm, so it is a converted RMG map; the RMG can be very problematic with Mods etc, I hope that's it. did you try a completely custom map? I'll test an RMG map today, thanks.

JIC, remember there can be no "Normal-texture" Saves (of Maps or Campaigns) and no other maps in the Maps folder.

One thing you could try with the Map is using 7Zip etc. and renaming the map to delete the existing RMG file name to the normal of either SingleMission or MultiPlayer. (look at a non-rmg for SP or MP and the exact text case & spelling)

Edit 1/6/13

I checked and it was not the RMG as I had hoped, It has to be some difference in our video. I tried changing in-game settings and that did not make the water white either, the water stays blue.

It seems I only found part of the problem. The only thing that's not right in my set-up is that one of the water-shrines has white water, which makes no sense to me, it is the only thing impacted.

However, for me, the reflective water was an issue.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”