The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
playagain82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby playagain82 » 29 May 2013, 06:47

Thanks Arret.

Yes, I tried Warrior. So far it is manageable.

It is amazing to see people still playing this classic game in 2013.

By the way, I am just wondering.

Is it possible to recruit Instructors in this game?
I only find Teachers and Scholars.

I am trying to maximize my experience gain.
So where can I find Instructors for the 15% experience boost?

Are there certain NPCs that you won't be able to find in Chaos Conspiracy such as Wind Master, Gate Master or even Instructor?

What are the skills that are granted by special barrels?
So far I only find Expert Body Building, Expert Perception and Expert ID Item.

Are there more barrels or events that will grant the party other skills?
Just asking so that I can allocate the skill points accordingly.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 29 May 2013, 23:48

No instructors (although there is supposedly one in Part 2, but I figured out how to win without finishing the official main line quest). I believe Wind Masters got banned as well. I believe you can still find Gate Masters (try the one that is always in the house by the Spirit Guild in Free Haven). Getting to master (level 12) water isn't hard anyway.

I honestly don't remember on the barrels, although there should be a repair item and disarm trap.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 24 Jun 2013, 09:04

I found at least two Wind Masters for hire: in southern Demonclaw? (Frozen Highlands) and ?(one of tents in Dragonsand). In other tents You can recruit Gate master and Instructor (I'm not sure).

betelges
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

secret door bugged?

Unread postby betelges » 01 Jul 2013, 14:57

hi there

great mod for sure but i'm not able to open the secret door, near the poisoned floor in Lunatic Vault, can u help me?
thx in advance
Paolo

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: secret door bugged?

Unread postby Mn » 02 Jul 2013, 06:33

betelges wrote:hi there

great mod for sure but i'm not able to open the secret door, near the poisoned floor in Lunatic Vault, can u help me?
thx in advance
Paolo
See earlier posts. In few words - You must click several wall levers and one switch on the table in any (I don't know) sequence.

TitanMage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TitanMage » 11 Aug 2013, 04:24

Thanks for the AWESOME mod !! I would appreciate if someone could help me out where I am stuck in the Drow Hive. Killed the queen and got the ether jewel, but the ether portal is not powered. Is there someplace I am supposed to put the jewel to power the portal? Would love to finish this great game.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 11 Aug 2013, 04:50

If you killed the queen and looted the item, then all you need to do is use the exit. Make sure that the character holding the item is the one that opens the exit. You should get a visit from the seer with instructions and the Ether Weapon skill (Blasters).

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 11 Aug 2013, 15:51

Can anyone give me a working link for this?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 11 Aug 2013, 16:30

For whatever reason the anims file is missing from the official download location http://www.mediafire.com/my%20files/bdjs. You can still get the working version of Rev4 though.

I ended up finding it at vladamir-maestro's site, but had to use the download master addon to download it correctly the last time I reinstalled.
http://www.mmgames.ru/index.php?option= ... 90&lang=en

BorG210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BorG210 » 25 Aug 2013, 20:14

I have a question regarding Legendary Heroes sub-mod installation process:
I've read the installation instructions on this thread and it's pretty clear to me now how to use "sprites", "audio" and "icons" files.
But to be sure: what the purpose of "Scripts" and "ExeMod" folders? Do I need to use them at all, and if I do, how exactly?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Aug 2013, 15:01

BorG210 wrote:I have a question regarding Legendary Heroes sub-mod installation process:
I've read the installation instructions on this thread and it's pretty clear to me now how to use "sprites", "audio" and "icons" files.
But to be sure: what the purpose of "Scripts" and "ExeMod" folders? Do I need to use them at all, and if I do, how exactly?
put files into the same folder where all this stuff is ( "sprites", "audio" and "icons" files.) and then execute
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

BorG210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BorG210 » 26 Aug 2013, 20:25

vladimir-maestro wrote:
BorG210 wrote:I have a question regarding Legendary Heroes sub-mod installation process:
put files into the same folder where all this stuff is ( "sprites", "audio" and "icons" files.) and then execute
This part I've already figured out. The question was about additiona folders "Exemod" and "Scripts".

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 27 Aug 2013, 05:27

BorG210 wrote: This part I've already figured out. The question was about additiona folders "Exemod" and "Scripts".
this folders are part of the "MMExtension" by grayface. folders will be installed with MMExtension.

this is a enhancement that allow wide usage of the script language of the game.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

BorG210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BorG210 » 28 Aug 2013, 21:04

vladimir-maestro wrote:
BorG210 wrote: This part I've already figured out. The question was about additiona folders "Exemod" and "Scripts".
this folders are part of the "MMExtension" by grayface. folders will be installed with MMExtension.

this is a enhancement that allow wide usage of the script language of the game.
Thanks a lot, Maestro.
Last question: do I need to re-install the Legendary mod after Part Two installation?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 29 Aug 2013, 11:37

BorG210 wrote: Last question: do I need to re-install the Legendary mod after Part Two installation?
i guess you do.
it just changes the graphic of the item/chars and part 2 will replace it into old ones
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Levin Malma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Diplomacy teachers

Unread postby Levin Malma » 28 Oct 2013, 11:10

Hi!

I'm new to the mod, but very familiar with the original game. I find the mod exciting, but I'm hopelessly stucked since I can not find any diplomacy teacher in the game.
I have learned the skill itself, boosted up to level 8, but none of the expert teachers are available that I'm aware of (Katan castle upstairs, Port Sleigon house). These houses are empty. The master teacher (former in Frozen Highlands castle upstairs) is also unavailable.
I talked to the two lords who accept me without diplomacy and fulfilled their quests. The Seer encourages me to talk to the other lords but it's impossible since the teachers are missing.
What do I do in the wrong way? Can you help me?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 29 Oct 2013, 22:09

Explore Katan, south area, there is a big house with both expert and master diplomacy.

Forget about original teachers locations, for most skills you will have to find again, so keep exploring everything and note down when you find one.

Levin Malma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Levin Malma » 30 Oct 2013, 08:07

Salamandre wrote:Explore Katan, south area, there is a big house with both expert and master diplomacy.

Forget about original teachers locations, for most skills you will have to find again, so keep exploring everything and note down when you find one.
Thanks a lot! :-D
I noticed the changes in some locations, but all these houses were empty so I thought there is something missing from quest side.

Levin Malma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Levin Malma » 31 Oct 2013, 09:45

One more thing: I have not received the adept promotion yet, and I can't get a Jump spell book in the game. Is it only an accident, or a restriction by design?
The enchanter promotion is in the same dungeon where the Hourglass or Time quest was in the original game. In the center fire room with the eight doors, I used to get through with jump spell, but at this time it's not possible since I don't have the spell.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 Oct 2013, 19:59

I don't recall any restriction on jump, try to reload before entering air guild. Anyway, interesting scrolls (even fly) can be found on reload in chernoburg.

Hurry to finish adept promotion, all your problems will be gone once fly is in book.

Return to “Might and Magic”