Specter of Power → With Blinders On

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 30 Jul 2007, 19:11

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/285

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 30 Jul 2007, 19:11

If you have Dimension Door, USE IT! If you move quickly enough, you may be able to hit certain scripted areas that give +10 to all stats, obviously meant to boost the enemy heroes. They appear to be near the wood mills, so the AI will typically have triggered them by the time you get to their location, if you go the long way.

A fat stack of skeletons will see you through all combat if you have strong magic, like elementals or meteor swarm. Recruit some higher-initiative troops to spread out attacks and to cast spells earlier, taking out enemy troops. Once you have about 150 skeletons, using Dimension Door you can blitz the enemy. Victory on Month 1 Week 4 Day 5! Yeah! Quest
Edited on Mon, Jul 30 2007, 15:21 by Grail Quest

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 03 Apr 2009, 19:19

Actually, the +10 to all stats events cannot be triggered by the computer players - the checkbox is unchecked - a goof on the part of the mapmakers. The map would have been much harder if the enemy heroes would have been able to trigger it!

Callipygian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Callipygian » 26 Jun 2013, 21:45

Wow, this was an anticlimactic last scenario of an otherwise hard campaign. I recently started playing the HoMM 3 campaigns on impossible. It's not too hard, although there are some tricky scenarios, among which were the first couple of maps in the final campaign. However, this final scenario was a breeze...I just lumbered through and finished it first try in the 4th week, without dimension door, town portal or logistics. They had no decent heroes and a worthless army. Big disappointment =(

Btw, a funny thing happened at the Melodia fights of the previous scenario: I killed her with elementals, but my army had died as well. My death didn't seem to matter since I had won the scenario anyway, but in the last scenario I got a Sandro with beginner stats and talents (so I had to redo the final fight)!

vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vil2 » 21 Aug 2013, 11:53

Just finished this mission, indeed I had 3 times the +10 to all stats event. WHile I was happy with that, I regret it because the AI heroes are so weak compared to me. Given the number of magic wells on this map, you cannot fall out of mana so you can always outnumber the enemy's elemental troops with yours. That being said, I had two tough fights with blue and green, and had been able to win only because I was able to summon one more elemental stacks than them.

KGer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Specter of Power → With Blinders On

Unread postby KGer » 05 Nov 2019, 12:48

Won on day 6 with huge castle defends, generally only a few of troops remained for me

day 1 green
day 4 blue
day 6 orange

Dimension doors + Castle defend + earth elementals

I got +10 stats once

My greatest concern was to recruit some troops and defend them while elementals did the fight.

Return to “Articles”