Upcoming MMX Preview

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Upcoming MMX Preview

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Aug 2013, 12:54

We have been given access to a preview build of Might & Magic X: Legacy. One of our guys are gonna play it and we'll have some stuff for you to read about it next week. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 21 Aug 2013, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 16 Aug 2013, 21:49

That's great!! I'm looking forward for this preview!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Aug 2013, 09:46

And here's a trailer with gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT_S9J0fYYU
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Aug 2013, 14:17

Prepping preview. Launching tomorrow. :oex:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Aug 2013, 22:16

It looks pretty nice!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 21 Aug 2013, 17:41

I looked at some YouTube videos. I don't think I can get used to the tile-based grid movement. It looks blocky and unnatural to me, after coming to the series with MM 6-8. This issue is already very controversial among players from what I can find to read.

No paper-doll inventory, either. What I've seen in the early access release reminds me very much of MM 9, except with a throwback to the ancient grid-based mapping and movement. I have a very bad feeling about what I've seen so far.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 22 Aug 2013, 14:13

I agree, Not so much of a fan of the grid based old school style of the I-V Might and Magic games, I imagine it like I type of Legend Of Grimrock, Not too excited ;|

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 22 Aug 2013, 16:29

as expected, since this forum seem mostly compromised of late MM6-8 fans.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 22 Aug 2013, 17:35

I'm going to miss the dress-up paperdolls, but unlike Legend of Grimrock this is truly turn-based. Which sounds better than awkward-movement realtime.

Though judging by a single video, I'd hope the movement speed can be adjusted - since it looks a bit slow in that video.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Aug 2013, 20:01

Talin_Trollbane wrote:as expected, since this forum seem mostly compromised of late MM6-8 fans.
Hey, I'm both an MM7 and MM3 fan :P

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 22 Aug 2013, 20:24

I am not fan of any of the games really, I only got crazy over the lore and storylines, though I must admit I prefer the Might and magic 6-8 Gameplay system

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 23 Aug 2013, 11:06

A question, I just saw the game available for purchase on steam. They clearly specify that this is the early access game, but by that what do they mean? Am I only purchasing the first section (Act1) of the game, and later they will release the full game at full price, at which I have to purchase it again? Or is the early access the game paid in full?

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 23 Aug 2013, 11:18

I am sure that I saw in another Forum that you only have 6 classes in Early Acess. You will get 12 in the finished game?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 23 Aug 2013, 19:40

Xdarkon wrote:I am sure that I saw in another Forum that you only have 6 classes in Early Acess. You will get 12 in the finished game?
there are only 4 classes in early access. 4 races and 3 classes per race. but only 1 class avaible per race in early access - i'm sure that cause i have it ))
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 24 Aug 2013, 15:57

Jac wrote:A question, I just saw the game available for purchase on steam. They clearly specify that this is the early access game, but by that what do they mean? Am I only purchasing the first section (Act1) of the game, and later they will release the full game at full price, at which I have to purchase it again? Or is the early access the game paid in full?
Basically you are buying the full game.
You'll be able to play the Early Access version right now, while the full game will be automatically unlocked when it comes out, in early 2014. You won't have to pay again.
I hope that clears that up :)

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 24 Aug 2013, 17:05

Oh, that's convenient! Thanks Marzhin, for answering my question. :proud:

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 24 Aug 2013, 17:26

Thank you for the preview, the new MMX looks interesting, let's see what the story will be. I totally agree with your remarks on the movement system, in my opinion MM6 one was really good and allowed both real time and turn based gameplays.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 27 Aug 2013, 18:28

vladimir-maestro wrote:
Xdarkon wrote:I am sure that I saw in another Forum that you only have 6 classes in Early Acess. You will get 12 in the finished game?
there are only 4 classes in early access. 4 races and 3 classes per race. but only 1 class avaible per race in early access - i'm sure that cause i have it ))
Speaking of classes, since all 12 advance class names are available in early access data files here they are (base class -> advance class - TRAINER):

Barbarian -> Warmonger - KRAAL
* -> Marauder - ULAGAN
* -> Blood Caller - AIRINI

Crusader -> Paladin - JON MORGAN
* -> Windsword - MYRANDA
Freemage -> Archmage - ZOULEIKA

Defender -> Shield Guard - HEDWIG
* -> Pathfinder - ERLING
* -> Runelord - ELDGRIM

* -> Blademaster - GATHAEL
Ranger -> Warden - MONSHAN
* -> Druid Elder - TIERU

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Aug 2013, 19:59

unknownone wrote:I totally agree with your remarks on the movement system, in my opinion MM6 one was really good and allowed both real time and turn based gameplays.
No, the MM6 system is hands-down the worst of all MM games. That's because you can't move in turn-based combat. So it pretty much means there is no real turn-based combat there.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 27 Aug 2013, 20:01

GreatEmerald wrote:
unknownone wrote:I totally agree with your remarks on the movement system, in my opinion MM6 one was really good and allowed both real time and turn based gameplays.
No, the MM6 system is hands-down the worst of all MM games. That's because you can't move in turn-based combat. So it pretty much means there is no real turn-based combat there.
Oh, you are right, I forgot about that important fact, then MM7 and MM8 are better since they fixed that issue, while preserving everything else.

Return to “Might and Magic”